• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
    . I do think Sally Hoover's point is correct
    Me, too.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

I no longer own any timeshares, i gave them away. I actually paid Bluegreen to take mine back. I still think it hurts the owner who has to sell. I won't post on bluegreen anymore but I don't really think I posted negatively on the Bluegreen system, which is quite different than the sales. and yes, it is great for Bluegreen to close down the resale avenues that are in competition with them. and though I don't own timeshares, I write checks totaling about three thousand a year for our property, and am in the POA and two HOa's.

Comment

It was not my intent to stop you from posting, I was just trying to find out where you get your information from and whether it was current and first hand.

Most of the "rules" of the program are clearly posted on the website when you log in as an owner. That is why it is extremely frustrating to hear the lies and half truths that are used by the sales team.

I have no illusions about the resale value of my timeshares including Bluegreen but I maximize the usage and will have no regrets if I give them away for $1 when I. CAn no longer use them.

I no longer own any timeshares, i gave them away. I actually paid Bluegreen to take mine back. I still think it hurts the owner who has to sell. I won't post on bluegreen anymore but I don't really think I posted negatively on the Bluegreen system, which is quite different than the sales. and yes, it is great for Bluegreen to close down the resale avenues that are in competition with them. and though I don't own timeshares, I write checks totaling about three thousand a year for our property, and am in the POA and two HOa's.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

you can't sell Bluegreen for cheap right now, you have to give it away. On a Facebook group, there is a daily post to give away Bluegreen. When people ask about selling, their options are usually give it away or try to sell through Pinnacle. I don't think the Pinnacle option will work, why would anyone give them the same price as Bluegreen when Bluegreen can throw in all the extras. I am talking about people who need to get out of their timeshare, they have no options but to give it away .When Bluegreen took away benefits of resale several years ago, several people here cheered, but that ended the resale market for Bluegreen. It will be the end of cheap points, but it won't be the end of free points.
          I dont understand the distinction you are making between giving it away and selling cheap... giving it away is selling it cheap in my book. Im not a blue green owner, but Ive been tempted by the cheap prices. Can someone tell me if the reservation limit depressed prices even further... ie to less than zero. Will folks pay me to take over their ownership

Comment

The reservation limit was aimed at the mega renters and they were scrambling for the first year, but that has seems to have settled down as they have found work around I am sure.
            But it also hurt the "little guy" who liked to make 4-5 weekend Resies a year as well as several longer Resies for family multi unit vacations.
            Bluegreen did not make a distinction between a 2 day Resie and a 12 day Resie. Only 10 per region in the books at any one time. Once one falls off, you can make another.

Reminds me of when Wyndham instituted the rule that you can only have one Resie in your own name and have to buy $99 guest certs for checking in family members.
            The big guys have a work around and it adversely affected the small owner that wants to travel with their family.

Anyway, a bit different then Wyndham in that all ownership is in the trust so maint fees are strictly based on points owned as long are all in the same trust fund.

The real value for you as a mega renter is to pick and chose your underlying deeded weeks as you can reserve that week/unit at 13-11 months out.
            Think week 51-52 Aruba, Summer weeks in Big Cedar, Prime Tourist time in Charleston, winter beach weeks in Florida, Summer Cape Cod.

The same way Wyndham contracts at low Maint Fee resorts are valuable, Bluegreen Points with desirable underlying weeks are valuable.

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
            I dont understand the distinction you are making between giving it away and selling cheap... giving it away is selling it cheap in my book. Im not a blue green owner, but Ive been tempted by the cheap prices. Can someone tell me if the reservation limit depressed prices even further... ie to less than zero. Will folks pay me to take over their ownership
            GrayFal
            Silver Contributor and supermoderator
            Last edited by GrayFal; 09-03-2015, 01:02 PM. Reason: Typo
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
            X