New to Bluegreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Bluegreen

I just agreed to buy a wyndham contract and a Blue Green Contract from an elderly owner who wants out. I know how the Wyndham works and its why Im doing this deal, but I dont know a thing about Bluegreen

What Im getting is a 22000 points contract, EOY, next points due in Oct 2016. The seller tells me that the next annual mf payment is due Nov 2015, and that these points will be good for 2 years

I think I know that the reservations window opens 10 to 13 months ahead of check in I dont know exactly how this works,

My intent will to use the Oct 2106 points to make reservations at BlueGreens New Orleans resort for check in Feb 24 2017. is that possible, or will I have to wait for a Feb 2018 reservation

I hope this makes sense

Ron

I just picked up a a piece of information. I can borrow points from my next allocation by paying their maintenance fees early

so that leaves me with one question for now... if I own points deeded at one resort that I purchased on the secondary market, how early can I make a reservation at ano?ther resort?

Comment

I'm sure the BG experts will chime in here, but I don't think they have ARP like Wyndham does (other than the fact that you can book your underlying deeded week and unit at 13 months out). Their "VIPs" can waitlist out further based on level. You can book any resort 11 months out at 12:01 Eastern time.

I think it also recently (in the last couple weeks) changed that you don't have to prepay unless you want to bring the points forward to use in the existing year. If you are booking a 2017 reservation with 2017 points, you don't have to pay until you normally would.
      Scott

Comment

Thanks

To get specific, What if i was booking a February 2017 reservation In March 2016, with eoy points issued in Nov 2016?

And if a VIP can get on a wait list early, does that mean at 12:01 when I come on line, everything might already be gone to the waitlist?

Comment

Ron, I will be out of town but we can talk whe I return.

You will be able to reserve at exactly 11 months.

If you have status with BG, you can wait list at 15, Plat, 14 Gold, 13 silver, 12 Bronze......

Almost all Resies are available at 11 months midnight eastern. (Let's not discuss Big Cedar)
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
            And if a VIP can get on a wait list early, does that mean at 12:01 when I come on line, everything might already be gone to the waitlist?
            There are particular reservations that can be a bear to get eleven months out -- as GrayFal points out, Big Cedar anytime popular tops that list. Certain units can also be a challenge -- getting into the Fountains in Orlando is easy as a rule, however I have seen a 3 BR available there exactly once, and if you want the 2 BR that sleeps 8 (most sleep 6), those disappear sooner. The cabins at Big Cedar may be gone eleven months out even offseason, although I've never looked when there wasn't availability in the lodges eleven months out for red season or lower. I think there are only a couple Presidentials at Daytona Sea Breeze, since those go fast even off season. And so on.

But if you don't want a rare unit, or one of the tiny, points-cheap Florida resorts when it's cooler, your odds are pretty good eleven months out at BG Owned resorts (the ones with an orange dot on the website, "Club Resort"), unless it's a newish resort (i.e., until enough units are sold and added to the "owner's pool" -- or until enough of the people who "have to" check out the new resorts have done their thing, maybe...). The "Club Associate Resorts" (green dot) are more of a challenge to get, because BG may only have a couple of units there. If you're not tied to a school schedule, or you're otherwise flexible, and especially if you reserve eleven months out, your odds are excellent. Last time I was thinking summer vacation (we usually go shoulder season), even Big Cedar, which is supposed to be "impossible to get in the summer while the lazy river is open," still had availability for late July or early August (before most schools have kicked in), a month or two after the eleven months out mark.

Comment

thanks for the replies

Comment

So, I have another question. Does Bluegreen allow any day check in, or are there restrictions like Friday only, or does it depend on the resort?

Comment

I think almost all allow any check in date. There may be a few affiliates that have restrictions about check in dates.

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
                    So, I have another question. Does Bluegreen allow any day check in, or are there restrictions like Friday only, or does it depend on the resort?
                    There are a couple of affiliates where you can only reserve by the week, although I assume you could check in any day of that week (some of the ones I've eyed are low enough points we might do it that way). Seems to me one of them only allows Friday check ins, and another only Friday or Saturday; but even with the ones that offer Friday, Saturday and Sunday, it depends on what's available. Aside from that, no restrictions on your first day, however unless the rules have changed, you need to reserve and pay for at least two nights in all of them except Lodge Alley Inn (I believe it is), where you can reserve a single night.

While it makes no difference in terms of getting the days you want, if you're reserving at the end of a week when the seasons change, sometimes some units of the same type at the same resort will cost more than others, because some of their weeks start on a Friday, some a Saturday, and some a Sunday, meaning some of units cost the cheaper price for the weekend and some don't.

Comment

Working...
                    X