Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions about DVC HHI? Is it worth it for just one or two nights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions about DVC HHI? Is it worth it for just one or two nights?

I'm thinking of driving up to Williamsburg next year and thinking that I might want to stop for a night or two in HHI at the DVC.
    Anybody stay there recently? I'm really not into the beach in HHI cause I live in FL but was wondering if there is anything worth seeing in the area.

Last time I was in that area it seemed to be alot of swamp land that you have to drive thru to get to anything worth seeing.
    Did I take the wrong road? It was kinda pre-GPS for me so maybe I wasn't reading the maps correctly.

You guys haven't been to Hilton Head?
    I thought all northerners went to the Carolinas for summer vacation.

Comment

I haven't been, but the DVC HHI fanatics love that the resort isn't on the beach. I guess there is a different viewing world where the DVC building is. After all the reviews I've read, I'd love to stay a night or 2 there. If I am ever on that coast again and have a night to spare, I do plan on staying there.

Comment

When are u going to Williamsburg? - I am going there next spring with my sister. Waiting for my new II Marriott Corporate account to get the AC to book this trip.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by Presley View Post
          I haven't been, but the DVC HHI fanatics love that the resort isn't on the beach. I guess there is a different viewing world where the DVC building is. After all the reviews I've read, I'd love to stay a night or 2 there. If I am ever on that coast again and have a night to spare, I do plan on staying there.
          Since I'm not looking for beach I thought it a good stop along the way. How bad could it be, right? It is afterall Disney.
          I'm just wondering if logistically it's gonna be a pain driving thru swamps everyday to get to the sightseeing spots since this resort seems quite isolated.

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
          When are u going to Williamsburg? - I am going there next spring with my sister. Waiting for my new II Marriott Corporate account to get the AC to book this trip.
          Was thinking about October with friends as we want to drive up the coast and see the leaves changing but possibly again next year with Mom & Auntie since they don't want to fly anymore but we'd do a roadtrip. Nothing firm yet, just in the planning exploring stage.

Comment

I haven't stayed at the Disney Resort on HHI, but I have been to Hilton Head a couple of times. The island is small so it won't be difficult to see whatever you want to see when you are there. We ate at a restaurant a couple of weeks ago that was across from the Disney resort. We were there on a Tuesday night to watch the fireworks at Shelter Cove. It was a very pretty spot. I love Hilton Head. If it's along the way, I'd stop and check out the island.

Debi

Comment

i would definitely go and check it out. we have never stayed there - but i have done a recon and it looks really nice. it is always on our list of places to stay - but checking out the disney resort is really the main draw. we always end up going to the gulf instead.

Comment

The resort's lovely, I was there in Feb/Mar, and the island's lovely. It's not really a "swamp", but some gorgeous marsh, which many units look upon. I especially think you'd enjoy it if walking distance to the beach isn't a priority for you.

Comment

I think it would be well worth a stop-over. It's a nice resort and you are close to Savannah if you want to visit there.

I like to break up long drives with another stay. We drive 1000 miles every June to the Cape. This year we stopped at National Harbor MD for a week going up and Williamsburg for a few days coming home (mostly because we had Busch Gardens passes and DS wanted to ride the new coaster).

Sheila

Comment

Working...
                  X