Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So has anybody booked a Grand Floridian unit yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So has anybody booked a Grand Floridian unit yet?

Just curious if anybody has scored a Grand Floridian unit yet.
    I've got my calendar set for a February trip with some friends from my Disney forum.
    Very excited cause it seems that us lowly SSR points are actually getting into the VGF.

Auntie will be 87 this year and the trip happens to fall on her birthday weekend so will
    be trying for a 2 bedroom with my lovely old ladies for a spa trip for them while I meet
    up with my Disney buddies.

Very excited.
    I hope Tink sprinkles her magic pixie dust on my ressie request.

IMO Unless you are in the Disney club odds of scoring one is slim for at least 4-5 years. Last minute maybe
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Well am I the only DVC member here?

Comment

So got my first Grand Floridian ressie for February week after Presidents week.
        Woo Hoo!!!

And I used my lowly SSR points to get it.
        Used almost 2 years of points but I figure it may not be so readily available next year when they sell out.
        After I stay there I'll decide if an add- on is in order.

Comment

Congrats! I can't wait to hear how you enjoyed it.

Comment

Well I don't go til next February so have a little wait for my trip report but I'll be sure to take lots of pictures before we mess up the room.

Comment

Why are u surprised that your SSR points got you there? All points are equal at 8 months, no?

Congrats on a great reservation!
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

WooHoo! Can't wait to see your pics.....I wonder how many years before they'll start showing up for exchange? I'll be waiting.
                Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Disney Vacation Club

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

will welcome it first DVC Members in October 2013.

Comment

Villas at Grand Floridian

Preview Photos: DVC

The Villas at Disney`s Grand Floridian

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...a/rates-rooms/

Comment

Good for you, Chris!

I think my DD said she was going there for high tea.

Oh wait, that is probably the hotel part of the resort, or whatever.

Comment

OOh. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                          And I used my lowly SSR points to get it.
                          Lots of owners on the Dis boards choking over the points price. But also plenty of them buying in. I keep telling hubby we're going there for our 30th anniversary. Don't think he's enthused. I'm thinking I'll try trading into a DVC our next time out, but I'll be trying for BLT or SSR.

Have you looked at the GFV model yet? It's been open a while, and you get out to Orlando right regular, seems to me.

Comment

Thanks for the pics! Very nice!

Originally posted by Marti View Post

Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                              Why are u surprised that your SSR points got you there? All points are equal at 8 months, no?

Congrats on a great reservation!
                              Equal at 7 months but I was just surprised that every single room category was available at 7 months out.
                              That is not the case in any other resort. I think it is an anomaly. Maybe because the resort is not yet sold out.

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
                              WooHoo! Can't wait to see your pics.....I wonder how many years before they'll start showing up for exchange? I'll be waiting.
                              I don't know maybe 4 years but in the meantime at least I can get in with my points. Granted I used two years of points but at least I have them.

Originally posted by catwgirl View Post
                              Good for you, Chris!

I think my DD said she was going there for high tea.

Oh wait, that is probably the hotel part of the resort, or whatever.
                              It's all interconnected. The timeshare is an extension of the hotel.
                              They put it where the wedding pavilion is.

Originally posted by happymum View Post
                              OOh. Well done!
                              Thanks, very excited.

Originally posted by Hobbitess View Post
                              Lots of owners on the Dis boards choking over the points price. But also plenty of them buying in. I keep telling hubby we're going there for our 30th anniversary. Don't think he's enthused. I'm thinking I'll try trading into a DVC our next time out, but I'll be trying for BLT or SSR.

Have you looked at the GFV model yet? It's been open a while, and you get out to Orlando right regular, seems to me.
                              Yes I have seen the pictures but have not gone in person.
                              I was going to go when I was in Bonnet Creek last month but my family didn't want to do any timeshare tour.
                              The models are in my home resort of SSR. Maybe when I go in September I'll pass by.
                              I go to Orlando every few months for something or other.

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

will welcome it first DVC Members in October 2013.
                              Yes people are already booked for October. I hear that Thanksgiving is still showing rooms available.
                              Apparently nobody wants to cook a turkey in Orlando.

Thanks Marti.

Comment

Working...
                              X