Marriott DSV II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriott DSV II

Just got my contract for a purchase at DSV II. I am going through with the purchase no matter what the answers are, but have some questions on use. My contract says Platinum season, but the chart on TUG shows Red instead of the word Platinum. It's a 2bed L/O EOY. My plans are to lock it off and use half and trade other half in II for LM Marriott stuff. Or, to rent out half, deposit other half. Or, to lock it off and deposit both halves to exchange.

I'll only rent it if I can cover my fees. Is is possible to book a high demand week and rent out a one bedroom for the MFs of the 2 bedroom?

What timeframe is the booking window?

Is there a fee to lock off unit and book 2 consecutive weeks? What about 2 totally different weeks?

Is the studio side okay for 2 adults if we plan on eating out most of the time?

If I lock it off and deposit both sides into II, do I have 2 years to book my exchange?

Originally posted by Presley View Post
    Just got my contract for a purchase at DSV II. I am going through with the purchase no matter what the answers are, but have some questions on use. My contract says Platinum season, but the chart on TUG shows Red instead of the word Platinum. It's a 2bed L/O EOY. My plans are to lock it off and use half and trade other half in II for LM Marriott stuff. Or, to rent out half, deposit other half. Or, to lock it off and deposit both halves to exchange.

I'll only rent it if I can cover my fees. Is is possible to book a high demand week and rent out a one bedroom for the MFs of the 2 bedroom?

What timeframe is the booking window?

Is there a fee to lock off unit and book 2 consecutive weeks? What about 2 totally different weeks?

Is the studio side okay for 2 adults if we plan on eating out most of the time?

If I lock it off and deposit both sides into II, do I have 2 years to book my exchange?
    I own at DSV2 also. I love it.
    Red and Platinum are the same. (I own Gold/white)
    Renting out? Check on Redweek or Tug2.com to see what other people are asking. IMHO, renting out could quickly become a PITA. If you use your timeshare you'll get more enjoyment out of it.
    Timeframe for booking window? You can book it roughly 365 days in advance. I say roughly because there are a few Marriott quirks. The DSV2 week starts on Thursday of the use year. The allowable check in days are Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun and Monday. They release the entire week at the same time. So when it is 365 days from the Thurs check in, you could also reserve the other days. Some people don't know this. For really high-demand weeks, you are likely to want to book the reservation at 9 am (Eastern) either on-line or via phone.
    The Marriott fee to lock off is currently $80. You can either book consecutive weeks or totally different weeks.
    Studio side? It is basically the same size as a hotel room but has a nice lanai. So if you're comfortable with a hotel room, then it'll be fine. Since we've become more used to timesharing (i.e., spoiled) we would rather stay in a 1 BR. I have been taking the lock off and paying the Interval exchange fee and trading up in size. It is possible to exchange for DSV1, DSV2 or Shadow Ridge, etc..
    Deposit period? Your deposit is good for two years from your original reservation check-in date. So, in theory, if you make your res a year out, you actually have 2 + 1 = 3 years to use But using is different than booking. II is only interesting in the using number.
    Once the dust has settled, get an account set up with Interval (for exchanges) and become familiar with the Marriott vacation club site. It is a bit clumbsy to navigate but you need to become familiar with the reservation dates, the map of DSV2, and other rules and guides. When you stay at DSV2, they sometimes have a class on using Interval. It helps a little to see how you do an on-line (manual) search. So I recommend going to it. BTW, IMHO, II Getaways are a great benefit. We have been trading out DSV2 for other locations and then buying Getaways to get to Palm Desert. That wasn't our original plan but it even works better.

Comment

Thanks for all that information. I'm really looking forward to owning there. I already have an exchange to a DSV2 studio later this year. I guess I'll find out if we can handle the studio then. We have become accustomed to one bedrooms, though. Before we had kids, we wanted to buy a fractional studio in Palm Springs. We were felt so fortunate to have such a big room compared to a hotel room, lol.

I agree that renting the week could be a PITA. It would be a last choice for me.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase. I had essentially the same response typed out and lost Internet access
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
        X