Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriott Hotels in Europe (great deals)

As most posters will know there are only 4 Vacation Clubs in Europe but of course dozens of hotels in or near the major cities .
    What not be widely known is that Marriott are using eBay quite extensively for the sale of weekend and week packages .
    Places include Brussels Berlin Munich Copenhagen Lisbon Milan and Monaco (Monte Carlo) sometimes London and Paris
    Maybe they dont show up on a US ebay...so try looking at an European version..say Ireland ...reference eBay.ie - Buy and Sell on eBay, the World's Online Marketplace and seek "Marriott" under "Tickets and Travel" category
    What you would be buying is a voucher for a 12 month period . The seller is Marriott so the risk factor is zero.
    The Vacation Clubs particulary the Mallorca one offer great deals (lower than the MFs !)
    Have used Berlin and Warsaw recently...and the good news ...points !!
    G

Originally posted by Ireland's Call
    As most posters will know there are only 4 Vacation Clubs in Europe but of course dozens of hotels in or near the major cities .
    What not be widely known is that Marriott are using eBay quite extensively for the sale of weekend and week packages .
    Places include Brussels Berlin Munich Copenhagen Lisbon Milan and Monaco (Monte Carlo) sometimes London and Paris
    Maybe they dont show up on a US ebay...so try looking at an European version..say Ireland ...reference eBay.ie - Buy and Sell on eBay, the World's Online Marketplace and seek "Marriott" under "Tickets and Travel" category
    What you would be buying is a voucher for a 12 month period . The seller is Marriott so the risk factor is zero.
    The Vacation Clubs particulary the Mallorca one offer great deals (lower than the MFs !)
    Have used Berlin and Warsaw recently...and the good news ...points !!
    G
    Points?
    Do you mean you get points for the stay even though you are paying with a voucher?

And I guess because it is a voucher NOT a points stay, you can resrve anytime there is availability of rooms, NOT point rooms?

Maybe you could tell us what you do after you get the voucher in the mail in terms of HOW to then make the reservation at the property.
    Or do u make a resie first and then just pay with the vocher???

Running out to work but will definitely check this one out for future travel.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Garry,
      Thanks ! This is very helpful especially to us mere mortals, non Marriott owners, who like the quality and locations of Marriott hotels. I have a few Marriott points and belong to the club after taking a Marriott t/s tour (thanks Pat/Grayfal).
      B.

Comment

For my Berlin stay ..I just phoned , made a booking and mentioned that I wanted to use my voucher...no problem . Received my points as well.
        G

Comment

An example (Sold for $800, 5 nights in Monaco 0

"Your luxury stay at the Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte - Enjoy the View!

Luxury voucher for 2 persons in a DELUXE ROOM at the Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco

This luxury voucher includes the following achievements:

* 5 nights for 2 persons in a DELUXE Room with sea view

Our Tip: Place your bid and then spend the voucher as a special gift!

Validity: The voucher is valid for one year from the payment date and is transferable. Booking is subject to availability and is arranged directly with the hotel.

Please find detailed information about the handling (payment methods, shipping, reservation) and frequently asked questions below this presentation.
          The seller is: Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte"

Great location and as mentioned seller is Marriott
          G

Comment

Thanks for the GREAT Information. This one has some good possibilities and the forum is a great sharing place. Thannks again.
            Larry

Comment

What value points?

Just bought on eBay a voucher for a weekend (for 2 ) at Munich Marriott . Valid for 12 months .
              Deal includes full breakfast . Seller is Marriott.
              Cost $ 140. Lots of similar just now . What value points?
              G

Comment

Marriott Monaco

Ebay deal just now >>>>>>>>>>>

LUXURY 6 days in MONACO@Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte
                1 bids: EUR 495.00 ($675)
                Seller is Marriott

( Angela ...good for you? )

G

Comment

eBay.ie: Discover Lisbon II @ MARRIOTT Hotel Lisbon Portugal (item 230147786330 end time 06-Jul-07 20:10:11 BST)

Lisbon Marriott 5 nights plus 'metro pass' for 2 at 175 euro
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by Ireland's Call View Post
                    Ebay deal just now >>>>>>>>>>>

LUXURY 6 days in MONACO@Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte
                    1 bids: EUR 495.00 ($675)
                    Seller is Marriott

( Angela ...good for you? )

G
                    yes, that would be great for me. Thanks!!!!

I'm not planning on going until 2009, so I'm not sure if these offers will still be available. Too bad I wasn't going next summer. It said that you can book travel dates, up to a year after purchase.

Boy, you really can't beat the price. I hope it's still available, next year. That would certainly simplify things.

Do you by any chance know if the location is within reason, to visit the other towns? That was the only thing that I was questioning, when looking into this hotel.

The Lisbon hotel really looks beautiful, too. What great deals !!
                    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

I saw these a year or so ago but wasn't sure if they were bogus or not. Now I know to keep watching for them! Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

This is great, thank you! We are planning Paris next summer so I will check this weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by JimIg23
                          This is great, thank you! We are planning Paris next summer so I will check this weekly.
                          Let us know if you see Paris. It would be very good info to have. I have looked, but didn't find any. I did however see the Monaco go for even less than $675.00....Great deal!!!!
                          Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

How hard is it to get reservations with these vouchers- is it the same as trying to book with Marriott Rewards points (subject to availability) or do these work differently?

Comment

Originally posted by Ireland's Call View Post
                              For my Berlin stay ..I just phoned , made a booking and mentioned that I wanted to use my voucher...no problem . Received my points as well.
                              G
                              Originally posted by m61376 View Post
                              How hard is it to get reservations with these vouchers- is it the same as trying to book with Marriott Rewards points (subject to availability) or do these work differently?
                              As stated above, it is the same as making a 'regular' reservation - no inventory controls.....plus you get points for the stay!
                              Pat
                              *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                              X