Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check your point status online- I've found discrepencies on four accounts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your point status online- I've found discrepencies on four accounts!

There seems to be an issue with Wyndham's reservation system after the "upgrade".. I've found four accounts where cancelled points show for 2012 and should be available, but when I try to make a reservation- some of those points are missing. After research, they are showing up as cancelled points under the 2013 use year instead of 2012 (even though the cancelled reservations were in 2012)..

This glitch might be beneficial to some of you as it appears to extend your cancelled points into the next use year, but also might be detrimental if you plan to book a 2012 reservation with these points since you cannot "borrow" cancelled 2013 points. Also, the error concerned me because the online status shows those points as 2012 cancelled points- but they are not available when you actually go to book a reservation.

Wyndham reps haven't wanted to deal with it, and use the "extension benefit" as a lure to try and leave the points as is.. However, if you push them- they can get a supervisor to force the points into the correct use year again.

They don't seem to know why this is happening.. So this may be something to continue to watch for in the future and not just something limited to the "upgrade".
    my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
    ~Earl Wilson

This happened to me. I had a split reservation and when I cancelled it, part of the points went to 2013 and the rest went back to 2012. A simple call to a VC fixed it with no problem. Not sure why this happened.
    Venda
    Port Charlotte, FL

Comment

Working...
    X