Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front desk clerk just told me that Wyndham has overbooked SeaWatch Plantation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front desk clerk just told me that Wyndham has overbooked SeaWatch Plantation...

I have a reservation checking in today at SeaWatch Plantation. When I just spoke with the front desk, the gentleman told me that somehow Wyndham's system has overbooked the resort this week and that they have more guests arriving than rooms available? He said that they have already notified Wyndham corporate of the problem, and doesn't know what is being done to correct the issue. Blamed the problem on a technical glitch from the last "upgrade". I heard of Mexican resorts booking over capacity and as a result attempting to bounce guests upon arrival- but I've never heard of this happening at a US timeshare resort!

I just can't wait to hear about surprises from the planned "RCI system upgrade" on the 12th!
    my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
    ~Earl Wilson

Oh that is one of the worst feelings in the world Rich, even when it is not your fault. Good luck finding alternatives.
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

According to Wyndham corporate, there are already guests occupying the condo. Said that the reservation had been marked as "cancelled" by mistake when I booked it, and that it should not have gone back to vacation club inventory since it was previously taken by Wyndham for a corporate "employee" rental. He made this appear to be an isolated mistake.

According to the front desk, however, the reservation systems haven't been talking to each other and as a result the resort was overbooked by Extra Holidays.. The issues started yesterday, when four families showed up to occupy two condos! All the units normally left open for maintenance have already been assigned- and the front desk has no idea how many other "duplicate" reservations exist..

This may be a long and frustrating week..

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
      ~Earl Wilson

Comment

In real life i'm pretty mild mannered, BUT if i just got done with the 4-6hr drive to my vacation after taking a week off work, renting a car and booking things to do.....and they told me they didn't have a room for me....even I'd flip out

Comment

This conveniently happened in Pompano at Sea Gardens too.
          Seems like they are getting away with this by blaming it on the computers.
          They were even denying owners who rented their guests to check in to a fixed week saying there was a reservation glitch.
          One of the OY renters had this problem with her units.

Comment

Leave it to RCI to try to make some extra money any way they can. They are even taking a page from the Mexico con artist book.
            Sounds like a good time to have a lawsuit conference in the lobby with anyone else affected.

Comment

when we booked a duluxe one bedroom Wyndham nashville thru an RCI exchange, we were told at check in that all deluxe one bedrooms were in use, either take a small one bedroom or take the one bedroom full handicap unit (which strangely was ont he third floor).

Comment

That's beyond horrible Rich! What is Wyndham overing to do for you? I sure hope it all works out ...I have a reservation at La Belle Maison this Halloween. Now I'm nervous.
                Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Wow, I didn't realize that Wyndham did this type of stuff. Now I'm worried for sure. I have a 2 bdrm booked, which are limited at La Bella Maison, and will be checking in very late. I hope they don't give it away. Yikes!

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                  when we booked a duluxe one bedroom Wyndham nashville thru an RCI exchange, we were told at check in that all deluxe one bedrooms were in use, either take a small one bedroom or take the one bedroom full handicap unit (which strangely was ont he third floor).
                  Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Reminds me of when I showed at a Sheraton in Houston at 2 am in the morning with a reservation (and my card having been charged because it was a late arrival) and was told "sorry, we're full". This was after I had contacted them about noon to verify the reservation and make sure they were aware that I would be arriving late. Only after I showed up did they start checking around to see where they might be able to put me up for the night. Finally about 45 minutes later they found a Days Inn half an hour away in a crime-ridden part of town. I was finally in a room at 3:30 a.m., and I had to be at my clients office at 8:30 a.m., which was now half an hour more distant from my hotel.

The next day the manager in all seriousness told me he wanted to be sure I understood how much they disliked having had to send me to a competitors hotel - like the place they sent me attracted the same clientele as his facility. I told him that if they hated it that much they shouldn't have given away my room, particularly seeing as how they had charged my credit card and would have simply pocketed the deposit had I not challenged them on the charge. They didn't comp me the room at Days Inn - I had to pay for that out of my pocket.

Worst hotel experience I ever had in my life.
                    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

My last RCI exchange was cancelled 2 weeks before check in. Is it any wonder it was my last RCI exchange ?

Comment

That's terrible. I'm staying there this week, and it seems there are at least one or two empty villas in building 1 based upon my observation.
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                          My last RCI exchange was cancelled 2 weeks before check in. Is it any wonder it was my last RCI exchange ?
                          Wow that really sucks. I've only had them cancel me once because I violated the 1 in 4.
                          At least it was a year in advance.

Comment

Just wanted to update the situation..

The SeaWatch employees came through for my client. According to the front desk, they completed a scheduled repair to a unit that had been removed from inventory and were able to give it to my renter who had planned a late check in anyway.

~Earl Wilson

Comment

Phew!

Comment

Working...
                              X