Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the negatives to Wyndham Rewards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the negatives to Wyndham Rewards?

I asked this to MEMBERS ONLY DISCUSSIONS. I was having problems getting to here.

Today I was offered a Wyndham Rewards package. It supposedly reduces our $186 outgo (forever) to $150 for something under ten years as using their credit card is suppossed to offset a lot of our costs. In the past the $186 fees came out of our checking account.
    There's now going to be a VISA account that the $150 gets charged to and I pay the bill myself each month.

That charge against the VISA account and many other purchases we wish to make, will gain points that we can use to offset Wyndham maintenance costs.

They talk a good game. It sounds good. What do others think of Wyndham Rewards?

Paperwork is being drawn up tonight. I'll reply to Wyndham in the morning.

Robert
    Robert

No one knows anything?

Is this Wyndham Rewards a good deal or not?
    Robert

Comment

Never heard of it.
      Are they rebating you cash back to the card for using it to pay your MFs?
      If this is just a credit card why the need to draw up paperwork?
      I would tread lightly.

Comment

I had a question of a similar nature, I recently attended a wyndham timeshare presentation in Maui and was told that with a Wyndhan rewards card I could pay off my maintenance fees and also pay off RCI fees. One way of accruing points on this card is by staying in various hotel chains that are owned by Wyndham, this includes Super 8's, Howard Johnson and travelodge to name a few. Since I'm on the road 200+ days a year I had been wondering, even though I didn't buy into the Wyndham program, whether I could still obtain a rewards card, by staying in one of those hotels, and accrue and pay my RCI and Las Vegas maintenance fees with the points. If that was the case I would change my hotels from Best Western and Holiday Inns which are typically my first choice hotels on the road.

Comment

Robert, I would want to know HOW your MF would be reduced. And Why?
          As u know your maint. Fee is based on budgets set yearly so there is no way this could be guarenteed.

Possibly you will earn points based on your spending several thousands dollars a month that can be applied to your maint fees?
          What is the yearly fee for the card?

My monthly Wyndham fees are charged to my MasterCard. You do not need a special account or card to do this.

QUOTE=RESORT2ME;515712]I asked this to MEMBERS ONLY DISCUSSIONS. I was having problems getting to here.

Today I was offered a Wyndham Rewards package. It supposedly reduces our $186 outgo (forever) to $150 for something under ten years as using their credit card is suppossed to offset a lot of our costs. In the past the $186 fees came out of our checking account.
          There's now going to be a VISA account that the $150 gets charged to and I pay the bill myself each month.

That charge against the VISA account and many other purchases we wish to make, will gain points that we can use to offset Wyndham maintenance costs.

They talk a good game. It sounds good. What do others think of Wyndham Rewards?

Paperwork is being drawn up tonight. I'll reply to Wyndham in the morning.

Robert
          [/QUOTE]
          GrayFal
          Silver Contributor and supermoderator
          Last edited by GrayFal; 12-12-2012, 03:44 PM. Reason: Edit because of darn autocorrect !
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

My husband and I got a Wyndham Rewards card a couple years ago, took advantage of bonus points offered for opening the account, and then stopped using the card. Reason being that, yes, you do earn points for purchases that can be redeemed for various things (maintenance fees, gift cards, etc.), but their exchange rate on the card we had was not competitive with other cards we own. We have a Chase card that will pay $100 CASH back for 10,000 points earned. With Wyndham card, we got $70 toward MF for 10,000 points. However, if you use the card for Wyndham brand hotels, you do earn more points per $ spent, so you might actually earn enough points to make it worthwhile, but I would check into other bonus offers first. Example: Chase offers 5% bonus points each quarter on various purchases. Jan-March 2013 bonus points are available for purchases of gas, at drug stores, and Starbucks. (In the past, hotel expenses have been in the bonus spending list.) Bottom line, even though the Wyndham card has some value, you may find an even better deal if you shop around for other reward card offers. Note: It is also somewhat misleading to say that using the card will pay your MF. It can be done, but you would need to charge thousands of dollars each month to get enough reward points to cover your MFs.

Comment

Working...
            X