Never use all of my Wyndham Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never use all of my Wyndham Points

I need some advice on using my Wyndham points wisely. I usually end my year with points left over. I have rolled them over into RCI at the end of the year. We visited Bonnet Creek last week and the sales rep told me I should put all of my points in the points pool at the onset of my use year and use my RCI points for reservations until have used all of my RCI points. That sounds like one plan that might be helpful.

She also talked about using points to book flights. Is that a good use of points. It seems like points to dollar ratio is not very good.

I think that if I had my use year beginning in July instead of January, I would be able to get better upgrades because we ALWAYS are able to take a vacation at Christmas time. I'd love to get a three bedroom for the price of a one bedroom, but I can't do that without having a lot of points left over at the end of the year.

I would appreciate any tips you have on making the most of our points.

Sorry I can no help you. I have only 203k WYN points and my anniversary is 10/1. I have not deposited in II since the change from 28K studios but might next year. I made 1 154K resie this year and then was able to turn the left overs into 2nights in Atlantic city during restaurant week and a night at old Town Alexandria to fit in with a trip to Williamsburg.

I find the fact that with my level of ownership I only get two "free" HAHA reservations days per year makes it an extremely difficult ownership to use as I had intended; to take several(four or five) 2-3 night trips throughout the year. Since I can not call/reserve at the 10 month mark there is a Great likelihood I will not get the resies I want as I planned on spacing these trips every 2-3 months.

This is why I like my Bluegreen Points-total flexibility.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
      Sorry I can no help you. I have only 203k WYN points and my anniversary is 10/1. I have not deposited in II since the change from 28K studios but might next year. I made 1 154K resie this year and then was able to turn the left overs into 2nights in Atlantic city during restaurant week and a night at old Town Alexandria to fit in with a trip to Williamsburg.

I find the fact that with my level of ownership I only get two "free" HAHA reservations days per year makes it an extremely difficult ownership to use as I had intended; to take several(four or five) 2-3 night trips throughout the year. Since I can not call/reserve at the 10 month mark there is a Great likelihood I will not get the resies I want as I planned on spacing these trips every 2-3 months.

This is why I like my Bluegreen Points-total flexibility.
      Well, I am a gold VIP member which really helps me to make the best out of my points and I have never had trouble getting the resevations I want. I just usually have so many points left over at the end of the year. This year I had only 600 left over. But we took a huge vacation in the summer and we went to BCR last week and I used the rest of what I had to buy tickets.

I am interested to know if anyone uses their points for plane tickets or rental cars.

I just feel like I came to a point where I was satisfied that I knew how to use my points and I am finding that I have so much more to learn.

Comment

I agree that using the credit pool ia a great option. I would not use them for plane tickets or rental cars though...just not a good value.

You may also be able to change your use year...a few years ago I changed mine. I was told they only allow you to change use years one time.
        Juanita

Comment

Originally posted by cyseitz View Post
          Well, I am a gold VIP member which really helps me to make the best out of my points and I have never had trouble getting the resevations I want. I just usually have so many points left over at the end of the year. This year I had only 600 left over. But we took a huge vacation in the summer and we went to BCR last week and I used the rest of what I had to buy tickets.

I am interested to know if anyone uses their points for plane tickets or rental cars.

I just feel like I came to a point where I was satisfied that I knew how to use my points and I am finding that I have so much more to learn.
          That makes all the difference with this points program - you can call and make your resies whenever you want.
          I imagine using WYN points to buy flights and tickets, etc. would not be a good value - it is not with Bluegreen.
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Yeah, I think that because I travel in summer and at Christmas, it would benifit me to change my use year to July-June instead of January to December. I will call them on Monday to see what I can do.

Comment

So long as the years are paid up, you can book ahead... like right now, establish your own start date and get to booking.
              You don't get all you could by waiting till 60 days out (or whatever),but you won't be bunched up at USE YEAR END each year.

You have too many points (as do I). Share some with others. I know, because we are in the same boat.

Give vacations away at Christmas each year. I find it cheaper to give, then wind up depositing with RCI and paying them to take the vacation.

Every time you vacation with RCI, that is time you could be using points to vacation.

I have trouble finding people wanting my free vacations at years end. They are swampped with trying to fit their own schedule and/or funds at end-of-year.

Good luck.

Comment

I have tried to give vacations away. I find that my family and friends don't have time or sometimes money to take the vacations. I think I will change my use year months, and deposit my next year into the pool.
                I will take it from there and see how this benifits me and will tweak as necessary.

Comment

Working...
                X