Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonnet Creek great as ever! Definitely a reason to own in Wyndham.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet Creek great as ever! Definitely a reason to own in Wyndham.

I'm back from a week at Bonnet Creek on an exchange thru RCI.
    I think just being able to exchange into Bonnet Creek & DVC is worth the
    price of admission in RCI for years to come for this old Disney fanatic.

Can't wait to score my first Grand Floridian unit thru RCI.

So I requested and was granted a unit in tower 6.
    They put us in 6402. An awesome unit if you can score it.
    We had a lovely lake view and it was also an end unit so only one neighbor to the left.
    The room was in great shape. Almost as nice as the Presidential units.
    Everything in great working order.
    Furniture was very comfortable & clean.
    Great service by the staff in this Presidential Reserve building.
    They have bell service, concierge service and their own check in staff at building 6.

BC was packed the week we were there cause the kids were out of school already.
    The pools were packed but you could still enjoy them.
    No problem getting a lounger or towels.
    They are doing the towels different now.
    Building 5 had the towels in the little towel/linen roller shack but in tower 6 you had
    to sign them in and out in the activities room.

Building 6 has a pool table and most times it was in use.

I wasn't offered a tour at BC which was fine by us and nobody called us all week with
    any nuisance calls to come and hear any sales spiel. Nice change for Wyndham.

Parking was a bit of a mission some days if you got home too late in the evening.
    Handicap parking was also challenging.
    So if you stay here and go out for a late dinner you will be walking off the calories by
    the time you get back to your building.

I'll try to post pictures later for those of you who have not been yet.

I have treated my sister numerous times to Bonnet Creek stays and she LOVES the resort! I have also treated her to the Marriott timeshares in Orlando many times and she is nuts about them too! She says Bonnet Creek and also the Marriotts are so nice who needs to do the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by mav View Post
      I have treated my sister numerous times to Bonnet Creek stays and she LOVES the resort! I have also treated her to the Marriott timeshares in Orlando many times and she is nuts about them too! She says Bonnet Creek and also the Marriotts are so nice who needs to do the parks.
      LOL, well I sorta agree with her.
      If you are not going to do Disney then these resorts are a destination in themselves.
      I love the Marriotts too. They are a great deal for us exchangers and work out great with those AC's.

Comment

RCI is good for going to the overbuilt places.

Always has been.

In the day, we had several exchanges into 3 bedrooms @ OLCC, the fodder for great Internet discussions.

Still can with Slimey Slough.
        JLB
        Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
        Last edited by JLB; 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
          RCI is good for going to the overbuilt places.

Always has been.

In the day, we had several exchanges into 3 bedrooms @ OLCC, the fodder for great Internet discussions.

Glad to see that you admit that RCI is good for something.
          That's the spirit.

I haven't been to OLCC yet but hope to one day venture over there.
          I'm sure I will like it.

Comment

Supply is too great for them to have any rental value.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/vac/
            RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Maybe so but I personally would much rather do an exchange than have to deal with someone on Craig's list who may or may not be a scammer.
              To me that's where the value of that $89 membership fee is.

For as many times as I go to Orlando it's like peace of mind insurance that I know I will have a secure, safe trip.
              Yes there are some great deals on VRBO but for Orlando it's just not worth the hassle to me.
              And no paying housekeeping fees.

Comment

Strange availability . . . just 3 months:

November 2013 [1]
                December 2013 [1]
                January 2014 [8]

Comment

Chris, my friend has a 1BR RCI exchange into Bonnet Creek in September. Should she request tower 6, or is that just for owners?
                  Jacki

Comment

Strange availability . . . just 3 months:

November 2013 [1]
                    December 2013 [1]
                    January 2014 [8]
                    Well is this availability for Bonnet Creek?
                    You need to plan for Bonnet Creek and watch for the Wyndham deposits.
                    I got this probably 9 months in advance.
                    Although it's a massive resort it also has high demand so the units go quickly
                    Not as fast as DVC but pretty quickly.

Of course there is always OLCC as a back up.

Comment

When we went to OLCC fairly often, I was always amazed that the equivalent of a decent sized town moved in and out every week. That vacation-mill mentality was the complaint of many, no one feeling special when lost in the vast numbers.

Our last visit, Christmas Week with extended Fam, I opted out of Disney day.

Kinda like a nice dinner at an intimate restaurant v. Golden Corral.

I've always thought Orlando, and places similar, is a phase people go through, then move on when they tire of waiting in lines and crowds everywhere.

As Yogi said, "No one goes there any more because it's so crowded."

But it does provide an endless supply of gullible timeshare prospects. Fresh meat.

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                        Chris, my friend has a 1BR RCI exchange into Bonnet Creek in September. Should she request tower 6, or is that just for owners?
                        It doesn't hurt to request it if she gets it great.
                        Tower 5 is also a great building IMO.
                        The bus stops right in front of tower 6 and the lazy river is in tower 5.
                        Tell her to check in early for a better chance at what she wants as they don't always honor the phone requests anymore.
                        Initially they didn't give me tower 5 or 6 but with a little sweet talking and saying that I was an owner they found a room.

In September it's off season so she will probably not have a problem if she asks nicely.
                        This was my only RCI stay so it's never been an issue as a Wyn owner using my own points or being a renter of another Wyn owner which I do occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                          It doesn't hurt to request it if she gets it great.
                          Tower 5 is also a great building IMO.
                          The bus stops right in front of tower 6 and the lazy river is in tower 5.
                          Tell her to check in early for a better chance at what she wants as they don't always honor the phone requests anymore.
                          Initially they didn't give me tower 5 or 6 but with a little sweet talking and saying that I was an owner they found a room.

In September it's off season so she will probably not have a problem if she asks nicely.
                          This was my only RCI stay so it's never been an issue as a Wyn owner using my own points or being a renter of another Wyn owner which I do occasionally.
                          Unfortunately their flight arrives in the evening, but I'll tell her to call and request in advance. Thanks for the tip!
                          Jacki

Comment

When we went to OLCC fairly often, I was always amazed that the equivalent of a decent sized town moved in and out every week. That vacation-mill mentality was the complaint of many, no one feeling special when lost in the vast numbers.

Our last visit, Christmas Week with extended Fam, I opted out of Disney day.

Kinda like a nice dinner at an intimate restaurant v. Golden Corral.

I've always thought Orlando, and places similar, is a phase people go through, then move on when they tire of waiting in lines and crowds everywhere.

As Yogi said, "No one goes there any more because it's so crowded."

But it does provide an endless supply of gullible timeshare prospects. Fresh meat.

Hey, I love Golden Corral. Especially the one on 535 by I-4.
                            Always good.

Yeah Disney is a phase for most and I understand how it can get old although for me 40 years later I still enjoy it.
                            Staying onsite does make a big difference though. Staying off site is also great if you just want to do the other Orlando fun things.
                            There is still plenty of adult centered activities to be found in Orlando you just gotta have a car.

Last year we did the Morse Museum and Mount Dora. Those were nice.
                            Jelly Rolls was fun too and is on Disney property.
                            Of course Food & Wine festival is adult centric and always a treat for us.
                            Even staying in Animal Kingdom resort and just lazing by the pool is fun for me.

Maybe I'm just too easy to please.
                            Give me sunshine, a nice pool, a nice ambiance, a good lake view, a pool bar and I'm happy.
                            I'm even happier if it's an exchange that cost me less than if I was staying in a frumpy Motel 6 in Kissimmee on 192.

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                              Unfortunately their flight arrives in the evening, but I'll tell her to call and request in advance. Thanks for the tip!

Since it's September she still may get lucky.
                              I'm sure no matter what building she is in she will be fine.
                              They are all nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X