Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonnet Creek great as ever! Definitely a reason to own in Wyndham.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the resorts in Orlando too. And I'm not a fan of Disney, but I do love me some Sea World. Someday I hope to get to that HGVC at Sea World. I hear that's really nice. Has anyone been there?

Comment

We've said this about a lot of minis that are no longer around, but HGVC is a good company/system.

There are many acceptable Orlando resorts, large and spacious because of the relatively inexpensive real estate. Put a typical Orlando, Branson, Williamsburg resort beachfront/oceanfront, with a nearby or onsite golf course, and that would a winner.

Then, get it through craigslist, and that would be a winner with whipped cream and a cherry.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I'm not buying, I'm just staying there! RCI works fine for me. We're at a 2br in Ocean City, Maryland, this week. I love it here! And next week, Williamsburg!

Comment

Here are some pictures

Comment

I go back and forth on how much I want to stay at Bonnet Creek -- looks as crowded and crazy as the onsite resorts sometimes! I think if we requested a quiet unit we'd probably be fine, I dunno.

Originally posted by JLB View Post
            I've always thought Orlando, and places similar, is a phase people go through, then move on when they tire of waiting in lines and crowds everywhere.
            We like going back the touristy places (Orlando, Gatlinburg, Myrtle Beach, Wisconsin Dells) either offseason or at a place a bit far from the center during the summer. That way we have no traffic or lines or crowds, but there's still a ton of stuff to do. Right now the plan is to hit Florida every other year, and I expect we'll stick to that schedule while our health holds (which hopefully will be a few decades yet!). But we tend to like to go back to places we've enjoyed before. We've still got a good list of "kid free" stuff around Orlando we haven't gotten to -- Bok Tower, Leu Gardens (we've technically been but only seen about a tenth of them), Winter Park, Mount Dora, Wekiwa Springs, etc.

I do agree that there's a pretty common pattern of people hitting Orlando and other touristy spots and then moving on, but I think a lot of that is people who crave excitement getting tired of the parks and wanting something new, combined with people who do the parks for their kids and quit going when the kids lose interest. Most of those places also have natural beauty to offer, Orlando being the big exception -- the original draw there was Walt Disney World -- and usually that beauty can still be found without the crowds if you look for it. Although I admit I have my doubts about that being true of Niagara Falls...

EDIT:

Oh, well, fine. Now those pictures have me thinking seriously about BC next time.

Comment

Here are the pools & grounds:
              [URL=http://s659.photobucket.com/user/chriskre/media/AKV%20Kidani%20Oct%2009/KidaniBonnetCreek%202010/DSCN0447.jpg.html]

[/URL

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                I like the resorts in Orlando too. And I'm not a fan of Disney, but I do love me some Sea World. Someday I hope to get to that HGVC at Sea World. I hear that's really nice. Has anyone been there?
                All the HGVC resorts are nice in Orlando.
                If you stay at Sea World you get free transport to the parks as a guest.
                I believe exchangers have this perk too.
                My brother loves Sea World.
                They buy the yearly pass as it's a great deal for FL residents.
                He likes it better than Disney.

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                We've said this about a lot of minis that are no longer around, but HGVC is a good company/system.

There are many acceptable Orlando resorts, large and spacious because of the relatively inexpensive real estate. Put a typical Orlando, Branson, Williamsburg resort beachfront/oceanfront, with a nearby or onsite golf course, and that would a winner.

Then, get it through craigslist, and that would be a winner with whipped cream and a cherry.

Yes HGVC is an awesome mini.
                I have zero regrets about buying into HGVC.

I can't say the same for Craigslist.
                Its' very hit or miss on Craigslist.
                I don't want to risk my vacations on some Craigslist scammer.

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                I'm not buying, I'm just staying there! RCI works fine for me. We're at a 2br in Ocean City, Maryland, this week. I love it here! And next week, Williamsburg!
                No need to buy unless you live near enough HGVC resorts to make it work.
                I just happen to live in FL where there are a ton of HGVC resorts to make this thing work well for me.
                I don't even own alot of points but just rent from HGVC when I need additional time.
                This is one way that renting makes sense in these systems.
                I'd much rather rent directly from HGVC than deal with some Craigslist ads.

Originally posted by Hobbitess View Post
                I go back and forth on how much I want to stay at Bonnet Creek -- looks as crowded and crazy as the onsite resorts sometimes! I think if we requested a quiet unit we'd probably be fine, I dunno.

We like going back the touristy places (Orlando, Gatlinburg, Myrtle Beach, Wisconsin Dells) either offseason or at a place a bit far from the center during the summer. That way we have no traffic or lines or crowds, but there's still a ton of stuff to do. Right now the plan is to hit Florida every other year, and I expect we'll stick to that schedule while our health holds (which hopefully will be a few decades yet!). But we tend to like to go back to places we've enjoyed before. We've still got a good list of "kid free" stuff around Orlando we haven't gotten to -- Bok Tower, Leu Gardens (we've technically been but only seen about a tenth of them), Winter Park, Mount Dora, Wekiwa Springs, etc.

I do agree that there's a pretty common pattern of people hitting Orlando and other touristy spots and then moving on, but I think a lot of that is people who crave excitement getting tired of the parks and wanting something new, combined with people who do the parks for their kids and quit going when the kids lose interest. Most of those places also have natural beauty to offer, Orlando being the big exception -- the original draw there was Walt Disney World -- and usually that beauty can still be found without the crowds if you look for it. Although I admit I have my doubts about that being true of Niagara Falls...

EDIT:

Oh, well, fine. Now those pictures have me thinking seriously about BC next time.
                Seriously, if you can stay there at least once I highly recommend it.
                Don't let the kids scare you off.
                They go to the parks during the day so the pools thin out some.
                If you go off season sometimes you have the pools almost all to yourself.

Comment

Hey chriskre -- I'm on this forum now. Hello!!

We're staying here in Jan and I wanted to ask, can I make a tower request directly to Wyndham Bonnet Creek or thru RCI? I keep reading that they don't take requests, but it sounds like it is worth a try for a quiet unit; I have a 3 y.o. who needs it fairly quiet to sleep and nap well.

Trying to figure out the lay of the land at this forum and very glad to run into you (or at least your post) right away. You've made us more excited about our Bonnet Creek stay!

Comment

Originally posted by dvf_diva View Post
                    Hey chriskre -- I'm on this forum now. Hello!!

We're staying here in Jan and I wanted to ask, can I make a tower request directly to Wyndham Bonnet Creek or thru RCI? I keep reading that they don't take requests, but it sounds like it is worth a try for a quiet unit; I have a 3 y.o. who needs it fairly quiet to sleep and nap well.

Trying to figure out the lay of the land at this forum and very glad to run into you (or at least your post) right away. You've made us more excited about our Bonnet Creek stay!
                    Hey lady. Glad you made your way over here.
                    You will live bonnet creek. Its a fabulous resort.
                    for a great room check in early.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ok, just found this thread. Chriske - killer photos, I'm sure you've made a lot of us more interested!

Comment

My DD & her friend loved Bonnet Creek! Disney is still her favorite, but Bonnet Creek beat out every Marriott that she's stayed at, so far.
                        Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
                          Ok, just found this thread. Chriske - killer photos, I'm sure you've made a lot of us more interested!
                          Well you definitely should be. It's a great alternative if you can't get DVC and even if you can you will still enjoy it.

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
                          My DD & her friend loved Bonnet Creek! Disney is still her favorite, but Bonnet Creek beat out every Marriott that she's stayed at, so far.
                          It's definitely a great choice. I still like the Marriotts though. Depends on what you are doing in Orlando.
                          For Disney Bonnet Creek is great, but for other things in Orlando it's more convenient many times to stay off site.
                          I'm off to Grande Vista next week cause it's a better choice for this trip, plus you can't beat a 3 bedroom II exchange for a girlfriends trip.

If I didn't go to Orlando so many times a year I'd try to stay more onsite than offsite, but I can see how this resort draws many who can't afford DVC or don't know how to get a DVC exchange.
                          Wyndham makes it very easy to get a great room internally. One reason I keep my Wyndham points.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                            for a great room check in early
                            Is there a way to do online check-in? Our plane doesn't even land until 30 min after check time starts, so I'm sure it'll be kinda late (6p?) by the time we get to Bonnet Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by dvf_diva View Post
                              Is there a way to do online check-in? Our plane doesn't even land until 30 min after check time starts, so I'm sure it'll be kinda late (6p?) by the time we get to Bonnet Creek.
                              I am not sure to be honest. I don't think it's like DVC where you can check in online and they
                              don't seem to have concierge check in like Marriott for regular Wyn owners.
                              Maybe for Presidential owners but I am not one.

You can call them but they will give you the typical Wyndham standard answer that they will not
                              guarantee anything although I do find that when they read the notes they do try to honor requests.

Apparently though there is no report run with special requests.
                              Not sure if there is any other way they follow requests.
                              It seems their computers are limited in what they do.

It never hurts to call on the day of check in and talk to someone that day while they are assigning rooms.
                              At least that way if someone decides to re-assign your room they may see the notes with your request.

Comment

Great ideas -- thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X