Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferring Wyndham points into existing account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring Wyndham points into existing account?

An elderly relative has decided to divide their 1M pts Wyndham ownership among family, and has offered us a 250k annual contract at Bonnet Creek. I assume each contract transfer will cost about $600 in closing/transfer fees, from what I've read here. IF they transfer all 4 contracts at the same time, but to 4 different owners, will they/we save any money?

As a current EOY points owner, will those new points (and MFs) be added to my existing account, or will I have another account for these points?

Also, if they're in a separate account, will I be able to combine them to use for a single reservation, or will it require separate reservations if one account needs more points to complete a reservation?

This is a very tempting offer, especially if I can pool all the points together for that BIG vacation...

Thanks
    Jeanne

Wyndham won't waive any fees. Each contract will have a $299 transfer fee paid to Wyndham, and figure about $130-$150 to have someone prepare and record each deed (you might be able to get some sort of bulk discount there with one of he closing companies).

They can be added to your existing account. Wyndham might accidentally set up a new account for you during the transfer, but a call to Owner Services will get them to merge the two accounts into one.

If they have 1 million points and it's from the developer, they're VIP. It might be more advantageous to keep the account intact, and get access to it.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scootr5 View Post
      Wyndham won't waive any fees. Each contract will have a $299 transfer fee paid to Wyndham, and figure about $130-$150 to have someone prepare and record each deed (you might be able to get some sort of bulk discount there with one of he closing companies).

They can be added to your existing account. Wyndham might accidentally set up a new account for you during the transfer, but a call to Owner Services will get them to merge the two accounts into one.

If they have 1 million points and it's from the developer, they're VIP. It might be more advantageous to keep the account intact, and get access to it.
      scootr5 has it right..

Comment

Thanks. I'll ask them about keeping it intact, but they might not want to worry about covering a missed MF payment from a relative.
        Jeanne

Comment

Working...
        X