Wyndham Policy Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyndham Policy Changes

On behalf of the Fairshare Vacation Owners Association Board, we remain committed to delivering exceptional vacation experiences to you, our valued CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus member. As part of that commitment, we regularly survey owners about their experiences with CLUB WYNDHAM Plus to gain valuable insight on what’s working and where we can enhance the product and make vacation planning easier.
    The Fairshare Vacation Owners Association Board relies on this feedback and looks for opportunities to simplify and enhance the product. Recently, the board met and considered two particular concerns that over time have emerged as trends: the rules are too complicated and the most sought after resorts have limited availability.
    Their discussion resulted in two changes to the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program Rules and Guidelines:
    · In an effort to make it easier for owners to manage and use their points, effective August 4, 2015, reservations that are cancelled in accordance with the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Cancellation Policy will now have points returned as Regular Use Year Points and will no longer be referred to as Cancelled Reservation Points. Existing Cancelled Reservation Points in your account will be changed to Regular Use Year Points with the same expiration date.

What does this mean for you? Previously, Cancelled Reservation Points could not be used for all Club benefits. With this change, should you need to cancel your reservation per the cancellation policy, 15 days or more before your arrival date, your points will be returned as Regular Use Year Points and can be used for more Club benefits than before.

· In an effort to increase availability, there will be a Nightly Unit Limit on the number of units an owner can book at a single resort of 10 units, or 20 percent of the inventory at that resort affiliated with CLUB WYNDHAM Plus, whichever is less. Going forward, the Nightly Unit Limit should increase availability for more owners at the most sought after resorts. The Nightly Unit Limit applies to new Standard and Express reservations booked after October 1, 2015 (ARP reservations are not limited). This will not impact existing reservations made prior to October 1, unless the reservation is cancelled and, after October 1, a new reservation is confirmed.

What does this mean for you? The change should increase usage by more owners at the most sought after resorts.
    The Board will continue to review opportunities to simplify your ownership and increase your ability to vacation with us, while considering additional enhancements that can be made based on feedback received from CLUB WYNDHAM Plus members.
    Ultimately, we strive to deliver an exceptional experience to our owners. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy all that CLUB WYNDHAM Plus has to offer and will take advantage of your many resort destinations.
    Jeanne

So, if I'm understanding this, a small points owner like myself just MIGHT be able to get into places like Glacier Canyon on a weekend, or maybe even in the summer without having to be able to book at 13 months?
    Jeanne

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanne Sz View Post
      So, if I'm understanding this, a small points owner like myself just MIGHT be able to get into places like Glacier Canyon on a weekend, or maybe even in the summer without having to be able to book at 13 months?
      That remains to be seen... this is very similar to Bluegreen Vacation Club recent policy changes.
      Juanita

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanne Sz View Post
        The operative word is "might" ARP reservations are not affected by this change. If the summer reservations you are concerned about are now being booked in the ARP window , thats likely to continue.

Comment

Working...
        X