Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cash cow: something set up that is guaranteed to bring in loads of money

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=cash%20cow

ie, Timeshare Owners who are relied upon for annual fees, special assessments and additional sales.

What were we talking about, again?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
      Oh yeah, exit options . . . established procedures to end your timeshare ownership in an orderly manner.

Who's not in favor of that?
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

cash cow: something set up that is guaranteed to bring in loads of money

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=cash%20cow

ie, Timeshare Owners who are relied upon for annual fees, special assessments and additional sales.

I said Im sorry,

and of course You are exactly right in everything you say,

By the way

please send me details on the timeshares you have had trouble selling, Id like to make an offer

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
          please send me details on the timeshares you have had trouble selling, Id like to make an offer
          I started the effort to exit in 2008. I sold one at Fine Kettle, to a local entertainer, for golf rights. The demand for that ended and I gave away two more at Fine Kettle in 2014. I gave away a Prime Ski Week and a late Summer week at Inn@SilverCreek.

I have a Spring Break Ski Week (11) at Inn@SilverCreek, and you don't have to pay for it. I will Quitclaim it, and pay the recording costs. Maintenance fee is $370-ish, and they have an Owners Rental Program.

We will keep a Peak Summer week at Fine Kettle, and will eventually pick up something at Sea Oats Beach Club, for pool, spa and beach access.

FWIW, I'm not always right, and not often wrong.

In saying most everyone would like to make an orderly exit, I can't think of why anyone would not want to. But, then, I can't speak for everyone, and I'm sure there's people, even people here, who like disorder.

You have to remember, I'm not a moron, I'm just a dick.

Comment

Oh yeah, I got rid of our original 3 Wastegate-ish EOY weeks a long time ago, when there was a resale market even for crappy stuff.

Comment

I started the effort to exit in 2008. I sold one at Fine Kettle, to a local entertainer, for golf rights. The demand for that ended and I gave away two more at Fine Kettle in 2014. I gave away a Prime Ski Week and a late Summer week at Inn@SilverCreek.

I have a Spring Break Ski Week (11) at Inn@SilverCreek, and you don't have to pay for it. I will Quitclaim it, and pay the recording costs. Maintenance fee is $370-ish, and they have an Owners Rental Program.

We will keep a Peak Summer week at Fine Kettle, and will eventually pick up something at Sea Oats Beach Club, for pool, spa and beach access.

FWIW, I'm not always right, and not often wrong.

In saying most everyone would like to make an orderly exit, I can't think of why anyone would not want to. But, then, I can't speak for everyone, and I'm sure there's people, even people here, who like disorder.

You have to remember, I'm not a moron, I'm just a dick.
              I know Im missing some inside joke, but what timeshare is Fine Kettle of Fish

and no I wouldnt pay as much as nothing for your ski week.. Id want 2017 and 2018 fees paid to me. as well as you paying the closing and transfer fees.

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
                as well as you paying the closing and transfer fees.
                Well, that $18 I do have.

Oh, gosh, ouch, what a letdown.

Your idea of an orderly exit!!!! Something for (most) all timeshare owners to look forward to. Bickering over how much to pay to get out of it.

Comment

Well, that $18 I do have.

Oh, gosh, ouch, what a letdown.

Your idea of an orderly exit!!!! Something for (most) all timeshare owners to look forward to. Bickering over how much to pay to get out of it.

Im not bickering, Im offering you a way out...with the hope that you will stop complaining about your problems selling

If you dont sell it, wont you have to pay those annual fees anyway?

and isnt this a deeded timeshare? The cost to record the deed will be more than just $18, I would think...

Comment

The more we talk about this, the more people who come here looking for an orderly exit discover the truth.

My concern is not over "our" inability to get rid of them; it is over "the" inability to get rid of them.

Slowly, as has been pointed out here, some in the industry will get it, and not because people keep quiet about the problem.

To repeat, if people knew they could end their ownership in an orderly fashion, more would be willing to get involved. It would be the greatest improvement to timesharing since timesharing.

If not, there's bound to be more Apple Valleys.

Comment

A point that seems to be lost is that if one knew they could get out, they would be more likely to get in.
                      To illustrate this, one of sales tactics of a major Branson outfit is to tell their prospects exactly that, and, in addition, they will get rid of the timeshares they already own, and put money in their pocket doing it. The prospects are so motivated to get rid of what they already own, that they buy. The thought of being able to get out is what made the sale.

Of course, it's way past the cancellation period when they find out it's all a lie, and they still own what they owned before, plus the new one they got lied into buying.

The top salesman for that outfit told me about it when he quit after he found out it was all a lie, and he told them to keep the $70,000 in commissions he was owed. That was two or years ago.

Based on more recent complaints to the BBB, they are still doing it.

But, if there really was a way to get out, more would get in. Some things are just common sense.

Comment

The more we talk about this, the more people who come here looking for an orderly exit discover the truth.

My concern is not over "our" inability to get rid of them; it is over "the" inability to get rid of them.

Slowly, as has been pointed out here, some in the industry will get it, and not because people keep quiet about the problem.

To repeat, if people knew they could end their ownership in an orderly fashion, more would be willing to get involved. It would be the greatest improvement to timesharing since timesharing..
                        People are not looking to get out when they are looking to get in.
                        Apparently you weren't either when you got in.
                        Most who are trying to get in think that it's something they want to will to their heirs.

Comment

Those who come here hoping to find a way to get out can make their own judgments about these discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                            People are not looking to get out when they are looking to get in.
                            Apparently you weren't either when you got in.
                            Most who are trying to get in think that it's something they want to will to their heirs.
                            None of which matters when they do decide their done with them, and can't get rid of them.

An orderly exit seems like a small thing to come up with. Some are, as has been noted. Wonder why that is?

Comment

Working...
                            X