Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was "Shelby Resorts.com - Wyndham ? " NOW -Renting RCI Exchanges/Renting Wyndham Pts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
    what the heck are you saying?
    Exactly
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

the rule says RCI rule says no "commercial" use , and then goes further to say no consideration of any kind. Wyndhams disclosure says no commercial use, but doesnt define it. RCI has, suspended members that violate their no renting rules, Club Wyndham has not

Im one of those mega renters that wyndham tolerates,,, they do, because, I think, they view renting what I own , in spite of what their disclosure says, as a right of ownership. with RCI we give up any ownership rights when we deposit what we own, or reserve someone elses ownership.

You just cant compare what goes on (and is allowed) in Club Wyndham with what goes on and is not allowed) in RCI. In Wyndham Worldwides organization they are two different things. Club Wyndham is in their vacation ownership division (emphasis on ownership) and RCI is in their vacation rental division newly renamed "Destinations Network"

Having said that I understand your advice, or at least what seems to be your advice to be careful renting from a Wyndham megarenter like me or Shelby. I know we are skating on thin ice, and Wyndham can change the ruelrs, and what the choose to enforce at any time, leaving our customers high and dry

Comment

What good does it do to explain something, the way someone official has explained to all of us before, and the way we have abided by for 10 years, if someone is going to say something different, something that has not been vouched for by RCI/Wyndham?

But I see my message got through. Which is, simply, that at one time RCI/Wyndham allowed what Wyndham/Wyndham appears to be allowing now, members to use their inventory to run a commercial business. But, when it became flagrant, and people abused it, RCI/Wyndham put an end to it. Perhaps they did that because they had so many other ways to sell those member deposits to non-members/non-owners.

As far as the lady from South Dakota . . . back when I/we were the unofficial Branson timeshare hosts/hostesses, we got to know a lot of Internet timeshare people, actually into the hundreds. We got them into shows, got them golf, took them for boat rides, etc. The lady from South Dakota was one of them.

Exactly what happened was that she offered/advertised an RCI exchange, or exchanges, on the Internet. She did not actually sell them or rent them or gain anything of value; she just advertised them. RCI suspended her RCI.com account and she had to call in and get anything she wanted done approved.

Her suspension had nothing to do with us meeting her via an internet forum or getting her group show tickets in Branson. I mentioned that to explain how I knew her, and why she let me know when RCI took their action.

Because I knew her somewhat from that friendship, I also know that she was not operating any sort of commercial enterprise with RCI/Wyndham inventory. She just had an exchange or two to get rid of . . . you all who were around back then know that we all who were around back then tried to do that on the DL, but we weren't operating a commercial venture.

That was more or less about the time that Madge cleared up what RCI/Wyndham considers to be "commercial". Her explanation is a sensible one, that if you provide an RCI/Wyndham accommodation for a friend or relative, it is OK to have them pay you what you had to pay RCI/Wyndham, but no more than that (not your maintenance fee).

Most people are not going to bother themselves to get stuff for other people if they don't get something out of it. That's just being a nice person, and most people want something more than an attaboy/attagirl.

It was nice that we could have this timeshare discussion. We really don't have many of them any more.

I believe those who control the inventory tolerate people making money off of that inventory because it also makes them money, and for no other reason, such as it being a right of membership.

But, what I believe does not matter, which is why I post official explanations from ten years ago that people today may not know about.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
          One of her last posts, where she came back to clarify this non-commercial policy is the link in Post 38.

As for the latter, yes, the name was either real or made up, but she was the official RCI employee assigned to do what she did on the Internet.

She addressed me by both my real and made-up name.

This was all about the time a lady from South Dakota came to Branson and DW and I got her about a dozen tickets to a Christmas show. Then, next email from her RCI had suspended her account over this policy.

Eventually, Madge came along with the clarification, and I have stuck with it, as it has stuck with me.
          What Madge said was correct in 2006 or so and maybe even to 2010 or 11 but in the last 5-6 years RCI has really tightened up and refined their definition of commercial activity. If you look at the terms and conditions in 2006 the non-commercial policy is at least twice as long now compared to what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
            What Madge said was correct in 2006 or so and maybe even to 2010 or 11 but in the last 5-6 years RCI has really tightened up and refined their definition of commercial activity. If you look at the terms and conditions in 2006 the non-commercial policy is at least twice as long now compared to what it was.
            Where is Madge when you need her?

What you say may, or may not be true, and we really have no way of knowing.
            RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Are you saying you don't have the terms and conditions from 2006 and 2010/2011 ? Man you are really slipping.

Comment

So, I assume I am the only one who finds it puzzling that we all understand that the commercial use policy of both Wyndham/Wyndham and RCI/Wyndham is essentially the same, or, exactly the same, regardless of how many words each use to express it. It is "you can't do it".

Yet, there seems to be an adamant opinion that you can with Wyndham/Wyndham, but you can't with RCI/Wyndham.

I find that strange.

Granted it's dated, but when you google the question, still the only official answer you can find is Madge's, and you can find it on other discussions.

Comment

So, I assume I am the only one who finds it puzzling that we all understand that the commercial use policy of both Wyndham/Wyndham and RCI/Wyndham is essentially the same, or, exactly the same, regardless of how many words each use to express it. It is "you can't do it".

Yet, there seems to be an adamant opinion that you can with Wyndham/Wyndham, but you can't with RCI/Wyndham.

I find that strange.

Granted it's dated, but when you google the question, still the only official answer you can find is Madge's, and you can find it on other discussions.
                  I don't think "that we all understand that the commercial use policy of both Wyndham/Wyndham and RCI/Wyndham is essentially the same"...

RCI is RCI and Wyndham is Wyndham. Essentially is not exactly. They are not the same.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scootr5 View Post
                    I don't think "that we all understand that the commercial use policy of both Wyndham/Wyndham and RCI/Wyndham is essentially the same"...

RCI is RCI and Wyndham is Wyndham. Essentially is not exactly. They are not the same.
                    We already pretty much agreed some time back that Wyndham/Wyndham's written policy also does not allow commercial use:

"The Program is for a Member's own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purposes."

But your post vouches for my last post, that some are adamant Wyndham/Wyndham policy allows it, but RCI/Wyndham does not.

Neither do, but it is a matter of enforcement, or lack thereof.

Comment

"RCI (company) RCI (formerly Group RCI and, before that, Resort Condominiums International) is a division of the firm Wyndham Worldwide."

It is a short trip to connect the dots.

Comment

...It is a short trip to connect the dots.
                        But it takes some people dozens of posts and going off topic and they don't exactly get things connected.

Comment

2006 RCI/Wyndham:

"Neither vacation time deposited with RCI, nor an exchange request, nor a confirmation may be used for any commercial purpose, including auction, rental or sale or rental or sale of the time period unit which is represented by such confirmation. A confirmation may only be used by the Member who receives it from RCI unless the Member gives the confirmation to a friend or family member by purchasing a Guest Certificate from RCI for the Guest Certificate fee current on the date of issue. Similarly, the only person who may request or receive a Confirmation or make an Exchange Request with respect to deposited Vacation Time shall be the Vacation Owner of such Vacation Time. It is the responsibility of the Member to forward any and all correspondence regarding Guest Certificates to the guest."

(really teeny, tiny print in the back of the Wish Book)

I will agree to this: RCI/Wyndham uses more words then Wyndham/Wyndham to the say the same thing.

But, even with all those words, they did not define "Commercial", and they had Madge do that, drawing the line at allowing the collection of RCI fees only from the guest.

Actually, I don't believe we disagree that there is a non-commercial clause in the terms and conditions of both of the Wyndham operations, and the reason we are having this discussion is that it is still not clear today, ten years later, how to interpret the policy, or how each company implements it, or doesn't.

Don't you think that has always been the intention of the timeshare industry, to not have things crystal clear?

Comment

what we do know is that you are quoting 10 year a 10 year old interpretation of the RCI rules. and I know from personal experience that that interpretation is the way things are enforced today if you rent just a few rci exchanges in a year, and if your guests dont cause trouble at the resorts..

However I do a lot of rentals and Im not willing to test a 10 year year old interpretation, especially when I know what SallyHoover has posted here is correct

My advice (as self serving as it might be) for folks that choose to rent from guys like me is to stay away from renting an RCI exchange

Comment

...It is a short trip to connect the dots.
                              But it takes some people dozens of posts and going off topic and they don't exactly get things connected.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                                Yeah, just said that, that things are still not connected, even after all this.

Anyway, what will be will be, and one needs to consider how we got to where we are to see where we might be going.

Comment

Working...
                                X