Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was "Shelby Resorts.com - Wyndham ? " NOW -Renting RCI Exchanges/Renting Wyndham Pts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was "Shelby Resorts.com - Wyndham ? " NOW -Renting RCI Exchanges/Renting Wyndham Pts

Good Evening

I am considering using them for a vacation rental, found them on VRBO. They say they are Wyndham point owners Anyone used them or heard of them?
    https://shelbyresorts.com/Aboutus

Thanks,
    Tia

There is an amazing lack of information about them on the Internet.

In this day and age, that is strange.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I dont know them but when I get potential customers that dont know me I do several things to put them at ease. 1) I make their reservation and send them a copy of the confirmation. 2) I do a conference call with them to Wyndham so they can hear the wyndham reps identify me as an owner and verify tht the reservation actually exists, 3) at some of the resorts the staff knows me. I invite my customer to call the resort and ask if I can be trusted 3) I have sent folks copies of my deed. .

if none of that works we cant do business...

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
        There is an amazing lack of information about them on the Internet.

In this day and age, that is strange.
        Actually, the only meaningful post when you google them is from someone whose reservation they cancelled.

You can't judge someone from one post.

Even to your inquiry, here and elsewhere, there is a lack of knowledge.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...hu_Hawaii.html

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...s-c758776.html

& that's about all there is.

Comment

Thank you all for the input. I think I will try and do as Ron has suggested.

Comment

What exactly are they?

Timeshare owners making a buck off their ownership?

Or, are they a "Resort", as their name implies?

I'm leaning toward the former since there is so little about them on the Internet.

From their home page: "We are one of the largest owners of Wyndham Timeshare in the US. We have over 186 luxurious properties throughout the USA. Why stay in a typical hotel room when you can relax in one of our 5-star resorts at a fraction of the cost? Our condos are your home away from home. These spacious condos feature separate bedrooms and living areas with fully equipped kitchens. All that’s missing is you and your family."

So, do they own "condos", full-ownership, or ?????

For some reason I feel like Madge should be involved.

They might want to proof-check the testimonial on their website: ". . . we would have problem in recommending both the resort and Shelby . . . " (sic)

Comment

January 11, 2006, 09:24 AM

Madge
                TUG Member
                BBS Reg. Date: Apr 23, 05

"You may give a vacation to a friend or family member via the RCI Guest Certificate; however, you may not receive any compensation beyond the price of the exchange and Guest Certificate fees. Compensation includes anything of value . . . "
                - - - - - - - -
                Granted, as I was recently informed, I don't know how any of this works , but, unless "Shelby Resorts" owns all of the "condos" or "Weeks" that they provide, how can they make $$$ without violating RCI/Wyndham's policies?

Comment

Wyndham points owners are allowed to rent reserations as far as I know. It's different then RCI

Comment

So, even though it is (essentially) the same company, they are allowed to secure prime reservations, and rent them out for a profit?

And use terminology that makes it appear they own the resort(s)?

You would think that the same philosophy concerning raiding would prevail.

Well, maybe not you, maybe me.

Comment

Well, any way, flaunt it around boldly on the Internet, and we know what will happen.

Comment

So, even though it is (essentially) the same company, they are allowed to secure prime reservations, and rent them out for a profit?

And use terminology that makes it appear they own the resort(s)?

You would think that the same philosophy concerning raiding would prevail.

Well, maybe not you, maybe me.

"1) yes you can make reservations and rent to others. There is a line in the owners directory that would seem to prohibit commercial renting. But at least for now it's not being enforced. In the past Wyndham enacted several new policies intended to make it more difficult and more expensive. But renting still happens."

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218280

Comment

Here's RCI Points Commercial Use Policy. How does Wyndham's read?

"F. Commercial Use Prohibited. Use of the
                          Network and/or RCI Points is for the personal use
                          of Members and, if permitted, their guests, and
                          neither Members nor guests may use the Network
                          or RCI Points for commercial purposes or
                          monetary or other consideration, including,
                          without limitation, auction, barter, rental, raffle or
                          sale of RCI Points, Confirmed Exchanges or
                          Guest Certificates for example, and RCI reserves
                          the right to limit the number of Transactions by a
                          Member. Any commercial use shall be grounds for
                          immediate termination of Member’s membership and
                          cancellation of any Exchange Request, Confirmed
                          Exchange or other benefits of the Network without
                          prior suspension of or notice to the Member, and any
                          other rights or remedies RCI may have at law."

Comment

Here's the policy for WyndhamHomeExchange, and it seems consistent with other Wyndham vacation ownership:

"Non-Commercial Use. With the exception of rentals of a Member’s Accommodation made in accordance with the
                            Agency Agreement, Owner’s Accommodation and Network Accommodation, use by a Member or guest may not be for
                            commercial purposes, including rental or sale."

Comment

How does Wyndham's read?
                              That is strangely hard to find.

Comment

Working...
                              X