Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was "Shelby Resorts.com - Wyndham ? " NOW -Renting RCI Exchanges/Renting Wyndham Pts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I mentioned Skyauction, and since you can obtain Wyndham vacation rentals through Skyauction, here is a feature of skyauction:

Item Number: 2677105
    Market Price: $1,299.99
    Our Price: $249.99
    You Save: $1,050.00
    Quantity Available: 27
    Offer End Date: Jul 31, 2016 11:00 PM

http://www.skyauction.com/action/search?otid=145084

It's not just an auction. You (anyone) can buy a 7-day vacation for $249.

Then you search.

Depending on what you select, there may or may not be an upgrade fee. The $249 may get you a one bedroom, and you may have to pay $100 more for a 2 bedroom, for instance.

Of course, when you search, you can specify Wyndham:

Wyndham Branson at the Meadow

1 Bedroom 4 / 2 (private) 1 Partial Kitchen
    11/05/2016 - 11/12/2016 1 Certificate - Last One!
    11/13/2016 - 11/20/2016 1 Certificate
    11/18/2016 - 11/25/2016 1 Certificate
    11/25/2016 - 12/02/2016 1 Certificate

1 Bedroom 4 / 2 (private) 1 Full Kitchen
    11/18/2016 - 11/25/2016 1 Certificate - Last One!

So, all of those are $249.

The certificates are good for 2 years.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Just curious . . . are there others ways of getting a Wyndham week for $249?
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by Tia View Post
        Not interested in Branson etc , our trip planned for the USVI STT
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
          Regarding what constitutes "commercial use", as for RCI's portion of Wyndham, Madge cleared that up in 2006, when she said:

"You may not receive any compensation beyond the price of the exchange and Guest Certificate fees."

One may logically conclude that Wyndham would not allow the recovery of maintenance fees through renting to non-members.

I could clearly see that to be their intention when they say:

"The Program is for a Member's own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purposes."

As with the renting out of RCI deposits and exchanges, time will tell.

But, I do understand why those who have invested a lot, and have a sizeable annual expense, would like that to not be enforced.
          Thats not what the RCI disclosures say>> Rci says no compensation, there are no exceptions. as you suggest

I would go as far to say that if my grandson gives me a hug and a kiss to thank me for the vacation I reserved for him (and his mother) I have technically violated the rules

Comment

Since Wyndham has so many different variations, I am honestly asking to find out how this works, because, in this case, I honestly don't know.

My question is fairly specific . . . when you go through a Wyndham points multi-owner to "rent" something, are you gaining access to something that cannot be obtained any other way except through membership?

I am trying to relate it to RCI (a substantial portion of which is Wyndham, of course), where anyone and everyone, with or without being an owner or RCI subscriber, can gain access to deposits, and other inventory, directly through RCI or one of it's not-very-well disguised partners.

Like this, complete with a lowest price guarantee:

http://www.skyauction.com/visit/wyndham-bonnet-creek

Or (just a thought) is that , and other sites like it, precisely how non-owners/non-members can get Wyndham stuff.

I dont understand your question

If you are asking is there more than one way to skin a cat? The answer is yes

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
              Thats not what the RCI disclosures say>> Rci says no compensation, there are no exceptions. as you suggest
              I don't suggest anything. RCI does:

January 11, 2006, 09:24 AM #1
              Madge
              TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 23, 05
              Posts: 1,803 RCI's Policy Prohibiting Rental/Sale of Deposits/Exchanges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

There was a thread in this forum that addressed this issue and several references have been made to it. However, that thread may have been purged as the links to it are no longer working.

Following is information I have posted in response to questions about this issue in the past. If you have additional questions or would like clarification, please let me know.

Quote:
              It is a violation of RCI's Terms and Conditions of Membership (Section 8) to rent, sell, barter, or auction, a deposited week or confirmed exchange, even if a Guest Certificate is purchased. Violation of this guideline could result in the termination of your RCI membership.

You may give a vacation to a friend or family member via the RCI Guest Certificate; however, you may not receive any compensation beyond the price of the exchange and Guest Certificate fees. Compensation includes anything of value, even another exchange vacation.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15626

Comment

I don't suggest anything. RCI does:

January 11, 2006, 09:24 AM #1
                Madge
                TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 23, 05
                Posts: 1,803 RCI's Policy Prohibiting Rental/Sale of Deposits/Exchanges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

There was a thread in this forum that addressed this issue and several references have been made to it. However, that thread may have been purged as the links to it are no longer working.

Following is information I have posted in response to questions about this issue in the past. If you have additional questions or would like clarification, please let me know.

Quote:
                It is a violation of RCI's Terms and Conditions of Membership (Section 8) to rent, sell, barter, or auction, a deposited week or confirmed exchange, even if a Guest Certificate is purchased. Violation of this guideline could result in the termination of your RCI membership.

You may give a vacation to a friend or family member via the RCI Guest Certificate; however, you may not receive any compensation beyond the price of the exchange and Guest Certificate fees. Compensation includes anything of value, even another exchange vacation.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15626
                the wording I highlighted from your post does not appear in the RCI disclosures. Im sure its the way RCI has chosen to enforce the rule, but the rule is clear... You my not use the program for monetary or other consideration... It doesnt say except up to recover the exchange fee or guest fee or except up to tou maintenance fees .. It says no consideration

heres what it does say

The Program is for the personal use of
                Members and, if permitted, their guests, and neither
                Members nor guest may use the Program for
                commercial purposes, or monetary or other
                consideration, including without limitation, auction,
                barter, rental, raffle or sale of a Confirmed Exchange,
                Deposited Vacation Time, Inventory or Guest
                Certificate, for example, and RCI reserves the right
                to limit the number of Transactions by a Member.

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
                  but the rule is clear...
                  The policy is not clear, and never was clear, which is why Madge was asked to make it clear, and she did . . . by simply stating what a member could collect from a friend or relative before it became "commercial".

Just the RCI fees, essentially, no maintenance fees (which was what folks wanted to know).

That, plus making it clear that a Guest certificate is required for someone other than the member to check-in.

Comment

Was it Marge or Madge and was she a real person or just a name RCI made up ?

Comment

One of her last posts, where she came back to clarify this non-commercial policy is the link in Post 38.

As for the latter, yes, the name was either real or made up, but she was the official RCI employee assigned to do what she did on the Internet.

She addressed me by both my real and made-up name.

This was all about the time a lady from South Dakota came to Branson and DW and I got her about a dozen tickets to a Christmas show. Then, next email from her RCI had suspended her account over this policy.

Eventually, Madge came along with the clarification, and I have stuck with it, as it has stuck with me.

Comment

The reason for my comments about it here, which I realize is a bit off-topic, but still good for folks to know, is that what some Wyndham mega-points renters are doing, conducting an open commercial enterprise with vacation inventory, blatantly, is exactly what prompted the crackdown, and suspensions, 10-15 years ago at RCI.

At the very least, it is a slippery slope.

Comment

Are you saying your DWs RCI account was suspended for providing tickets for a show to someone ?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                            Are you saying your DWs RCI account was suspended for providing tickets for a show to someone ?
                            No.

Comment

...This was all about the time a lady from South Dakota came to Branson and DW and I got her about a dozen tickets to a Christmas show. Then, next email from her RCI had suspended her account over this policy....
                              So then you are saying the lady from South Dakota was suspended because you got her show tickets - and if not - what the heck are you saying?

Comment

Since this thread was taken so far off topic (renting RCI exchanges not Renting from a Wyndham Points Owner) I have copied the relavent posts and started another thread here

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...ental-Opinions

Continue to post on this thread if you want to regarding exchange rentals.
                                Pat
                                *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                                X