Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelby Resorts.com Wyndham Rental. Opinions

Good Evening

I am considering using them for a vacation rental, found them on VRBO. They say they are Wyndham point owners Anyone used them or heard of them?
    https://shelbyresorts.com/Aboutus

Thanks,
    Tia

There is an amazing lack of information about them on the Internet.

In this day and age, that is strange.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I dont know them but when I get potential customers that dont know me I do several things to put them at ease. 1) I make their reservation and send them a copy of the confirmation. 2) I do a conference call with them to Wyndham so they can hear the wyndham reps identify me as an owner and verify tht the reservation actually exists, 3) at some of the resorts the staff knows me. I invite my customer to call the resort and ask if I can be trusted 3) I have sent folks copies of my deed. .

if none of that works we cant do business...

Comment

Thank you all for the input. I think I will try and do as Ron has suggested.

Comment

What exactly are they?

Timeshare owners making a buck off their ownership?

Or, are they a "Resort", as their name implies?

I'm leaning toward the former since there is so little about them on the Internet.

From their home page: "We are one of the largest owners of Wyndham Timeshare in the US. We have over 186 luxurious properties throughout the USA. Why stay in a typical hotel room when you can relax in one of our 5-star resorts at a fraction of the cost? Our condos are your home away from home. These spacious condos feature separate bedrooms and living areas with fully equipped kitchens. All that’s missing is you and your family."

So, do they own "condos", full-ownership, or ?????

For some reason I feel like Madge should be involved.

They might want to proof-check the testimonial on their website: ". . . we would have problem in recommending both the resort and Shelby . . . " (sic)

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Wyndham points owners are allowed to rent reserations as far as I know. It's different then RCI

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
              Ah, c'mon.

Help an old guy who doesn't know how any of this works out.

What's Wyndham's "Commercial Use" policy?
              Im an old guy that knows exactly how this stuff works

Im not Shelby but I could copy their website and use it as my own,, It sounds like I do exactly what they do

Regarding Wyndhams Commercial use policy, its one line in the Program Disclosures found in the owners directory If you were able to find my post on TUG that you linked to above, you should be able to find this policy. Ive posted about that on TUG as well..

Its in the book

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wynd...ectory1415/#/0

There are two things to be aware of,

1) this is the policy for the "program". The "program" is what makes it possible for the symbolic points based on your deeded ownership at one resort to be used for reservations at another resort.. I may be stretching things a bit but I dont believe that there is any such policy regarding Commercial Use at a resort that I own and I own a ton at La Belle Maison in New Orleans that I use for rentals, primarly Mardi Gras. As evidence for this I can point to the most recent anti renter rule change that Wyndham made. We are now restricted to no more that 10 reservations at one time and place. The exception is for reservations made with "Advanced Reservation Priority" ie with points deeded at your home (owned) resort. They have clearly made a distinction between reservations made through the "program" and reservations made with points you own.

2) There is no definition of "commercial purposes" that I have been able to find. If I am just trying to recover maintenance fees and the money I paid for this stuff...is that "Commercial" ? If Im just trying to make a small return on my investment...is that for"commercial purposes" or for "investment purposes"? If I rent a portion of what I own to pay the maintenance fees on all that I own (ie free vacations for myself) Is that for "commercial purposes" or is it for "personal use and enjoyment"? Does commercial imply profit? If so am I allowed to rent as much as I want, as long as I lose money on each rental? I dont know the answers to these questions.. Im just saying in the absence of a definition, it seems a tough policy to enforce>>

and the fact is it isnt being enforced.. I am known up and down the chain of command within Wyndham Vacation Ownership. They know me and they know what I do, and while they may not like it. They do recognize that I play by the rules

This is no different than what our government does with the policies that it sets There is a law, and then there are the regulations put in place to administer that law. Wyndham has a policy, but then they have a bunch of rules to define that policy and limit rentals .. ie some included guest confirmations, and a charge for anything after that, some included transaction credits, and housekeeping credits, and a charge if you exceed whats included with your ownership. and now the new rule... the nightly limit rule.

It seems to me that Wyndham has chosen to regulate rentals not eliminate rentals, and they act as if renting is a right of ownership.

I have no doubt that Shelby plays by the rules as well

Comment

Tia:

Just curious . . . in researching this the past few days, I noticed that a complaint about Shelby Resorts was that one of their customers discovered that they paid a lot more through "Shelby" for the same thing that others at the resort got directly from Wyndham Vacation Rentals.

My gut tells me that if it is run like other stuff Wyndham, there is likely a place where you can get stuff directly from Wyndham at a decent price.

Have you looked into that?

https://www.google.com/#q=wyndham+va...+discount+code

Comment

so you are not asking questions to learn how this works as you first said
                  rather, you are trying to say something

In fact I often use the various timeshare forums to communicate my positions to Wyndham management

(Hi Stephanie)

Comment

I have googled the offerings and found what Shelby offered to be very reasonable. It's high season when we are looking to go to the Caribbean, so doubt Wyndham will offer anything better for less, and mostly you find the East Coaster vacationers down there.

I just want to verify they have an actual reservation. I found them on VRBO and there were + reviews. So far no reply to my last email re getting confirmation sooner, they said a couple weeks before and after full payment ...which is not soon enough imo, nor a conference phone call but it is the weekend.

Last year I rented from another Wyndham points owner, no one heard of before either, and it worked just great. She said nothing was available there this year however when I asked re.

Tia:

Just curious . . . in researching this the past few days, I noticed that a complaint about Shelby Resorts was that one of their customers discovered that they paid a lot more through "Shelby" for the same thing that others at the resort got directly from Wyndham Vacation Rentals.

My gut tells me that if it is run like other stuff Wyndham, there is likely a place where you can get stuff directly from Wyndham at a decent price.

Have you looked into that?

https://www.google.com/#q=wyndham+va...+discount+code

Comment

Not interested in Branson etc , our trip planned for the USVI STT

Just curious . . . are there others ways of getting a Wyndham week for $249?

Comment

Originally posted by Tia View Post
                        Not interested in Branson etc , our trip planned for the USVI STT
                        That's the problem of using an example.

Comment

The topic of the thread was/is Shelby Resorts. Thanks for replies so far re Shelby Resorts.

Shelby says they will provide a confirmation # 2 weeks before. I have not heard back via email re my request for sooner confirmation nor a conference call with Wyndham re .

Comment

Originally posted by Tia View Post
                            The topic of the thread was/is Shelby Resorts. Thanks for replies so far re Shelby Resorts.

Shelby says they will provide a confirmation # 2 weeks before. I have not heard back via email re my request for sooner confirmation nor a conference call with Wyndham re .
                            I have copied the posts that pertain to Shelby Resorts Rental agency here..... To separate it from the discussion about renting RCI exchanges which is not relate to Tia's question

Tia, in the future for your rentals, I can recommend Ron Parise. Have many friends who have done business with him. You just need to contact him before the 10 month mark when the reservation for Wyndham point owners opens up. Or rent directly from owners on the BBC Yahoo Group (if you still belong)
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

Thanks Pat
                              For renting directly from owners, no longer on the Beach Club yahoo as no longer own, so got dropped by person that runs the group. Do still belong to the Castle yahoo group and have posted there re, so few people make use of yahoo groups unfortunately.

Will keep the 10 month mark in mind in the future.

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                              I have copied the posts that pertain to Shelby Resorts Rental agency here..... To separate it from the discussion about renting RCI exchanges which is not relate to Tia's question

Tia, in the future for your rentals, I can recommend Ron Parise. Have many friends who have done business with him. You just need to contact him before the 10 month mark when the reservation for Wyndham point owners opens up. Or rent directly from owners on the BBC Yahoo Group (if you still belong)

Comment

Working...
                              X