wyndham account suspensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyndham account suspensions

Im a little surprised that I havent seen this posted here. There is a 64 page thread on tug that discusses it

FYI Heres a quick summary

On Aug 23 2016 Wyndham sent out emails suspending a number of accounts for "unusual" activity It seems that these accounts had more points in reservations and available to make reservations with, than justified by the number of contracts owned. One owner for example (extreme example) reported that for every million points owned (annual allocation) he had nearly 10 million 2017 reservations. Wyndham was to do an audit and we expected them to take back the "extra" points and lift the suspensions. But here we are 6 months later and the audits are not yet done. all but a few have been partially unsuspended subject to certain restrictions and pending completion of the audit

Speculation is that most of the "extra" points were generated by flaws in wyndhams computer programs. (some cancelled reservations returned twice the number of points that they should) and wyndham hasnt yet figured out how to correct their systems

read all about it here
    http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.p...pended.245656/

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
    Im a little surprised that I havent seen this posted here. There is a 64 page thread on tug that discusses it
    Didn't want you to blame it on me.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I have read that thread on TUG. Very interesting. I am not familiar with the Wyndham system. I hope it gets resolved soon.
      Jacki

Comment

actually its probably my fault

Comment

The TUG Kiss of Death, AKA be careful what you talk about.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
            The TUG Kiss of Death, AKA be careful what you talk about.
            I dont know what you mean by that

Comment

I dont know what you mean by that
              Me neither. Ron, I thought you were getting rid of your WM because of the rule changes favoring personal use. Is this what Wyndham is doing ? Wyndham was behind the WM rule changes, imo.

Comment

No thats not what happened to me

I owned some worldmark but I owned a whole lot of wyndham. When my accounts were suspended. I had to continue to pay my maintenance fees but my income stopped. I had to make a deal.... and all I can say about that is "the parties have satisfactorily resolved their differences"

I have morphed into a consultant assisting others to become mini-me's

Comment

No thats not what happened to me

I owned some worldmark but I owned a whole lot of wyndham. When my accounts were suspended. I had to continue to pay my maintenance fees but my income stopped. I had to make a deal.... and all I can say about that is "the parties have satisfactorily resolved their differences"

I have morphed into a consultant assisting others to become mini-me's
                  Running for office?

Comment

nope, becoming a broker assisting others to buy and sell and rent timeshares

Comment

Consider politics . . . you've got that spin-speak down.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                        Consider politics . . . you've got that spin-speak down.

If you are talking about this; " the parties have satisfactorly resolved their differencies" there is no spin.. these are the exact words. and without those words there wouldnt have been a resolution that satisfied all parties

Comment

Ditto what jackio wrote in post #3.

Comment

Working...
                          X