New Rules at Wyndham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rules at Wyndham

The last time Wyndham made so many changes to their program was in 2009 (read about it here http://www.tstoday.com/members/magaz...20comments.pdf

well they did it again http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wynd...upplement1718/
    This time they are making the changes coincidental with the long awaited ner reservations system, new software and new website. everything is expected to go live within a month

Here are the changes as i understand them
    1) 24/7 reservations
    2) Advanced reservation priority reservations can be done online
    3) any day check in at some resorts
    4)14 day reservations possible
    5) the points credit pool is dead to be replaced with a points deposit feature
    In the past you could pool the current years points, the next yearand the following year and the points would be good for travel for 3 years from the date of pooling. So it was possible to (borrow 2 years woth of future points, and use them without having paid maintenance fees. That cant happen any more, now you can push current years points into the future, but you have to pay fees this year
    6) overlapping reservations must each have a guests name added to one of them within 48 hrs of making the reservation.
    On the theory that you cant be in two places at the same time. Multiple reservations for the same date must have a guests name added within 48 hours of making the reservation
    7) VIP automatic up grades
    VIP owners are entitled to upgrades if one is available close to check in. Currently if we want an upgrade we have to be on line searching for availability all the time hoping to pick up someone elses cancellation, Now its going to be automatic. Check the box asking for an upgrade when you make the reservation and if one becomes available in the upgrade window you will get it automatically. Presumably they will be handed out according to some priority schedule, like first request gets first available upgrade.

Wyndham also has a discount program, where a vip owner gets 25%,35%,50% discounts on available inventory close to check in. In the past we used to make our own availability by canceling and then immediately rebooking for the discount. and the really aggressive VIP owners would make a studio and a 3 bedroom reservation at the same time, months in advance, then close to check in, cancel rebook and upgrade to get a 3 bedroom at half the studio price

so now with the new auto upgrade feature, it is likely that my cancellation will be someone else's upgrade. and discounts will only be available for the stuff no one really wants...

Can one understand it with just a Masters, or will it take a PHD?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Might be time to add a Wyndham account as if they really have killled cancel rebook, that might open up 3/4 bedroom availability for regular old resale non-vip owners.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
        Can one understand it with just a Masters, or will it take a PHD?
        Its actually made things more simple, but I understand that if you dont already own wyndham and know how to work within the existing rules, the new rules are tough to understand

I think this is a effort to make renting un unprofitable
        1) by requiring a guest certificate within 48 hours a renter will have to spend $100 to put a phony name on the reservation and when he gets his paying customer another $100 to change names.
        2) the for profit renters depend on discounts and upgrades for their profits, Now we make high value reservations in advance, then in the discount window, cancel rebook and upgrade to get a 3 bedroom at half the studio price.. Now with the auto upgrade deature, my cancellation will be someone elses auto upgrade.. and not only will I not get a discount, Ill lose my reservation

Comment

Originally posted by bizaro86 View Post
          Might be time to add a Wyndham account as if they really have killled cancel rebook, that might open up 3/4 bedroom availability for regular old resale non-vip owners.
          dont jump too quickly

Taking the guys out of the picture that have been reserving these larger units to rent may not decrease the demand significantly. There are still a lot of regular owners that will be trying to get these low supply units reserved. I think they will still be hard to get..

your chances might be better, but I see it a lot like the lottery.. If I buy one ticket. chances are a gazillion to one against me.. If I buy 20 tickets I my have improved my chances 20x to a gazillion to twenty against me...but Im still probably gonna lose

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will probably see how it shakes out first. I figure if I buy where I want to go and plan to use arp on the first day of the window plus have a bit of flexibility, I should be OK.

Comment

Working...
            X