This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCI Exchanges in Washington DC area

Has anyone exchanged into the Washington DC area using RCI? What are the available options?

I've seen the Fairfield resort in Alexandria in the directory, but from what the reps at RCI have told me, that resort is "very difficult" to exchange into. Is there anyone out there that has been succesful with this exchange? How difficult is it really?

Also, I was told that there is a Hyatt in Washington DC that is in the RCI inventory, but I've been getting conflicting stories about whether it is strictly a rental property or if it exchanges as well.

Any info would be great. We're planning a trip next spring and would love something fairly close to DC.

If you have RCI points, you might be able to use them to book the Fairfield in DC.

The Massanutten Resorts and the Fairfields at Williamsburg aren't really close but they all offer bus trips to DC.

Comment

If you have RCI points, you might be able to use them to book the Fairfield in DC.

The Massanutten Resorts and the Fairfields at Williamsburg aren't really close but they all offer bus trips to DC.

Comment

Yeah, RCI told me that if we wanted Fairfield Alexandria, VA that we'd need to put in our request 2 years ago for this August....so we're staying at Masanutten and driving into DC.

Comment

I've seen the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill for rent on RCI Extra Vacations, for about $1200 per week. But I've gotten it twice on Priceline for $70 per night, including our upcoming stay in August. It's a nice hotel, two blocks from Union Station.

A friend in Alexandria told me that Washington is dead in summer, all the politicians go home, and hotel prices drop.

Comment

thanks for everything

Comment

You can also try Wyndham National Harbor, which is across the Potomac from Alexandria.

Comment

I'm chuckling just a little.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

we have stayed three times at the Washington Hilton using RCI. This was an exchange as a Platinum member. Location is great - in Dupont Circle. Unfortunately, I have not seen it lately.

Comment

OK, I'll play. Do a Keyword search for Washington, DC, any type of availability, and you get 11 resorts.

Here's one:

Wyndham National Harbor (#C194) ยป
                    National Harbor, MD 20745, USA
                    Rating: (37)
                    Check-In Date Range
                    06-May-2016 - 23-Dec-2016
                    33 available units
                    Price
                    USD 1849.99 - USD 3349.99
                    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

so what happened to bring back a thread from 10 years ago

The best way to get a DC area timeshare is to be a Wyndham owner or find a Wyndham owner that will rent to you

Comment

RCI Exchanges in Washington DC area

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
                        so what happened to bring back a thread from 10 years ago

The best way to get a DC area timeshare is to be a Wyndham owner or find a Wyndham owner that will rent to you
                        A person joined then posted nonsense on an old old thread ...before we could ban him, people started answering.
                        JLB saw this but rather then ignore it, decided to play along.

I will lock the thread.
                        GrayFal
                        Silver Contributor and supermoderator
                        Last edited by GrayFal; 04-29-2016, 04:52 AM.
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                          A person joined then posted nonsense on an old old thread ...before we could ban him, people started answering.
                          JLB saw this but rather then ignore it, decided to play along.

I will lock the thread.

Still the thread has some updated info thanks to our spamer. Not sure but I think it is safe to open
                          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                            Still the thread has some updated info thanks to our spamer. Not sure but I think it is safe to open
                            Okey dokey!
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                            X