X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chellej
    The only one I deposit to RCI:

$9.87

The bad thing is you have to prepay maintenance fees and request the time 2 1/2 years before checkin....I will be sending in my 2014 week soon.
    How many TPUs for how many $$$?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Edited, figured it out

Comment

55 tpus, $538

Comment

55 tpus, $538
          Wow, lotsa tpu.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

So pray tell, where do you own and what were you depositing?

55 tpus, $538

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002
              Wow! This sounds like the good ole days, the trading power tests where everyone would run out and buy what did well.

(well, if just me is considered everyone )

Speaking of which, buying to trade that is, which people still do by the way, as I see what others are paying for their trading power, some of ours are pretty respectful. It looks like the average is around $25.

So, shouldn't there be a market for them . . . to trade with?

Wouldn't you think this information should be, or will be, a selling tool? For the lower ones, it would be a temptation to talk about annual fees, heretofore a taboo subject in the sales presentation.

Hmmmmm!?

Comment

Well, never hurts to ask. I have more than enough already, so not going to go out and look for whatever they have though (far be it from me if anyone else does though).

It would however be interesting to know what RCI is considering such a powerful trader and if it is in line with what the rest of the world thinks.

Perhaps this is just a good rental for them!

Originally posted by JLB
                Wow! This sounds like the good ole days, the trading power tests where everyone would run out and buy what did well.

(well, if just me is considered everyone )

Hmmmmm!?

Comment

It would however be interesting to know what RCI is considering such a powerful trader and if it is in line with what the rest of the world thinks.
                  To dream the impossible dream
                  To fight the unbeatable foe
                  To bear with unbearable sorrow
                  To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
                  To love pure and chaste from afar
                  To try when your arms are too weary
                  To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
                  To follow that star
                  No matter how hopeless
                  No matter how far

To fight for the right
                  Without question or pause
                  To be willing to march into Hell
                  For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
                  To this glorious quest
                  That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
                  When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
                  That one man, scorned and covered with scars
                  Still strove with his last ounce of courage
                  To reach the unreachable star

Comment

Psst!

I think she's selling it!

Comment

What is the point in aiming, if you are not going to aim high!

To get back on topic, this has been a valuable thread for anybody who is evaluating the value of his or her ownership or looking to buy. Having seen stuff going for 15 and 20 TPU, even with the exchange fee and a $25 TPU price that works out to $700. Not bad at all for some of the resorts I have seen come available.

Even for DVC, at 45 TPU's for them, $1325 is much less than what many DVC owners are asking. Yes, for those who are not able to get what they were before the changes are going to be seen as negative. However, on the other side there are now people who are able to obtain previously unattainable trades.

Comment

I see that! Good thing I am not in the market. At least you answered my question.

Originally posted by Ridewithme38
                        Psst!

I think she's selling it!

Comment

Yes - it is a southern california beach week - you have to book the prime summer weeks or it drops off pretty quickly to ~40 (shoulder weeks) then ~25.

I just don't like having to pay so far in advance to reserve a week and I think I am going to get out of RCI all together.

Comment

55 tpus, $538
                            Shhhh, never kiss and tell.

Best one is $9.60 - always deposit
                            $15.50 - use EOY, rent or deposit SFX other year.
                            $42.20 - never deposit, always use.

edit - I see she told!
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal

edit - I see she told!
                              No she didn't. She didn't say Carlsbad Inn, or Blue Whale or Aquamarine Village. If she had, then we would be pulling our hair out (for those who have hair) because after all these years, and this back and forth contention, nothing would have changed.

Even when all goes to hell in a handbasket, there is still an ounce of common sense.

For today, my biggest concern is how to tell the Boston Baked Beans from the red Skittles.

Comment

To get back on topic, this has been a valuable thread for anybody who is evaluating the value of his or her ownership or looking to buy.
                                Well, whattya know, a method to my madness, a reason to buy sight-unseen, at Slimey Slough, and never plan on going there. Same as always.

Comment

Working...
                                X