$s Per TPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLB
    No she didn't. She didn't say Carlsbad Inn, or Blue Whale or Aquamarine Village. If she had, then we would be pulling our hair out (for those who have hair) because after all these years, and this back and forth contention, nothing would have changed.

Even when all goes to hell in a handbasket, there is still an ounce of common sense.

For today, my biggest concern is how to tell the Boston Baked Beans from the red Skittles.

Hmmmmm, the others saw her ad on this site so yeah, she told. And it is in the same category as Blue Whale and Aquamarine Village - so you are right in that regard, nothing has changed.

On the other hand, a certain resort near Yellowstone that used to pull EVERYTHING (Allen House, Manhattan Club, etc) in RCI has been given a 22-25 TPU rating - so you just never know....
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002
      To get back on topic, this has been a valuable thread for anybody who is evaluating the value of his or her ownership or looking to buy. Having seen stuff going for 15 and 20 TPU, even with the exchange fee and a $25 TPU price that works out to $700. Not bad at all for some of the resorts I have seen come available.

Even for DVC, at 45 TPU's for them, $1325 is much less than what many DVC owners are asking. Yes, for those who are not able to get what they were before the changes are going to be seen as negative. However, on the other side there are now people who are able to obtain previously unattainable trades.
      Or, 8 TPUs @ $625, and it takes 32 to trade in . . . the total is . . .

It seems like the more we talk about this, those who won won a pretty small victory, essentially continuing to do what they previously could do, and those who lost, lost in a big way.

The winners' vistory is more in not having lost than in having gained.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I did not intend for this to be an editorial thread, just an informational one, like the old trading powr tests, but we have sorta breached into one with the high-pointed summer SOCALs.

I looked, and they are, in fact, in the 50's.

OTOH, the never-available-anymore-Snowbird-Season-SWFL weeks are mid 40's at the max, some of them in the 20's. So, there are still inequities more than a year after rolling out TPUs.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I have no idea what people are being given for summer MYR & HHI but the ask on them is insane.
          Lawren
          ------------------------
          There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
          - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by lawren2
            I have no idea what people are being given for summer MYR & HHI but the ask on them is insane.
            It's hard to know what they're asking:

Hilton Head:

April 2012 [3]
            May 2012 [3]
            August 2012 [4]
            September 2012 [11]
            October 2012 [12]
            November 2012 [12]
            December 2012 [14]
            January 2013 [1]
            February 2013 [4]
            March 2013 [2]
            April 2013 [1]
            August 2013 [1]
            September 2013 [2]
            October 2013 [1]
            November 2013 [1]
            December 2013 [1]

Myrtle Beach:

February 2012 [52]
            March 2012 [34]
            April 2012 [28]
            May 2012 [12]
            November 2012 [9]
            December 2012 [197]
            January 2013 [62]
            February 2013 [56]
            March 2013 [18]
            October 2013 [2]
            November 2013 [23]
            December 2013 [30]
            January 2014 [1]

But what is given for them is certainly much less than SOCAL summer:

Hilton Head: Maximum Trading Power 26
            Myrtle Beach: Maximum Trading Power 42

Comment

As long as we've gone to the inequities, our two back-to-back Spring Break Ski weeks that both used to pull everything are now 15 and 20.

To repeat the thought I stumbled onto yesterday, those that lost on 11/16/10, lost bigtime. Those who won, got to keep doing what they were already doing. Winning was more about not losing.

Our extensive review has shown it is largely arbitrary.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
                As long as we've gone to the inequities, our two back-to-back Spring Break Ski weeks that both used to pull everything are now 15 and 20.

To repeat the thought I stumbled onto yesterday, those that lost on 11/16/10, lost bigtime. Those who won, got to keep doing what they were already doing. Winning was more about not losing.

Our extensive review has shown it is largely arbitrary.
                The question we need to ask is...is correcting a mistake in trading power REALLY losing? Those South African resorts used to be amazing because they had low MF's but could pull most things....But everyone knows, that they were WAY over valued....Now that mistakes like that have been fixed do the people that were scamming the system REALLY get to complain because their scam isn't working anymore?

I mean really, who wants to go skiing during spring break?? I'd much rather be on a beach! 15-20 sounds right to me

Comment

Everyone has the right to have an opinion, report an observation, or hazard a guess, but those who have been together for the last 12-18 years, and have observed, shared, reported, and recorded, probably have a bit better grasp of what has been over the years, IMO.

Sure, some wanna go party on the beach during Spring Break, enjoy wet T shirt contests, and gulp jello shots, but Spring Break ski weeks have also always, always, been prime.

Maybe that does not register with the younger generation because none of the Spring Break movies they base their knowledge on are set in Colorado, Utah, Canada, et al.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...1t:429,r:1,s:0

But, I continue to draw us away from the task at hand, reporting the price of TPUs. Sorry.

Back to that, can anyone see marketing based just on cost per TPU, like ads that say RCI $15 per TPU?

Comment

My lowest is $9.05 and highest $10.

I have other units that are Interval only, so cannot comment on that.

I can usually have enough TPUs to get anything I want as long as it is available and I can do it cheap.

Joy
                    “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Originally posted by joycapecod
                      My lowest is $9.05 and highest $10.

I have other units that are Interval only, so cannot comment on that.

I can usually have enough TPUs to get anything I want as long as it is available and I can do it cheap.

Joy
                      you da man!

I can see the ad: "RCI, $9 TPUs"

Comment

I had a fantastic deal last year $9.00.....This year, Starwood made an arrangement with RCI, and in addition raised my MF's by quite a bit. So......$26.00 Sheesh!
                        Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
                          Those who won, got to keep doing what they were already doing. Winning was more about not losing.
                          Not really. Those who won, now can often get 2-3 pretty great exchanges out of a week, for just an extra exchange fee or 2, whereas they used to get just one.

So they now have more than before, not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurie View Post
                            Not really. Those who won, now can often get 2-3 pretty great exchanges out of a week, for just an extra exchange fee or 2, whereas they used to get just one.

So they now have more than before, not the same.
                            Wow! It took almost a day since I first said that.

OK. I give in. Some won big. Some won a little. Some broke even. Some lost a little. Some lost a little more. Some lost even more. Some lost a lot.

Some don't have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng
                              I had a fantastic deal last year $9.00.....This year, Starwood made an arrangement with RCI, and in addition raised my MF's by quite a bit. So......$26.00 Sheesh!
                              Ah, c'mon, put a smilie face where that toothless guy is. There's a new section in the Terms and Conditions requring all subscribers to agree to, and like, everything done to them.

Comment

My is $25.85/TPU (max) just at the average

Comment

Working...
                                X