No announcement yet.

$s Per TPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today was the last day I could deposit a week I had no rent-takers for.

$78.125 per point.

At that, the exchanges we used to get for one deposit would cost $2343.75.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB

$78.125 per point.

Well, that really stinks!

Joy
      “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Originally posted by JLB

$78.125 per point.

But here's the good news, possibly the one benefit I have been waiting for!!!

I can use that late deposit to trade back into the same area the same week, and by trading down a bit, wind up with 3 points.

They would only be at $63 a piece, and I would have an exchange to somewhere where I didn't want it at a time when I didn't wanna go there.

Or, there's a whole bunch of other places we can go that we don't wanna go to or when we don't we don't wanna go there.

Gotta luv it.
        - - - - - -
        JFTR: I do understand how someone who wants to visit areas that always have leftovers, and who can wait until 30 days out to book exchanges, may like the new system. If it was something we wanted to do, we could deposit at nine months out and get at least two, and as many as 7, exchanges into those areas, by booking at the last minute.

You could live in Branson or Orlando for $189 plus 1/7 of a maintenance fee per week.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

But there are also those people who love going to Orlando, Vegas, Williamsburg, Massanutten, Branson, Gatlinburg, and Mexico throughout the year and those that don't mind going to other places during the off season so they are loving the multiple exchanges. They are big winners even if the resorts they own aren't getting particularly high tpu's.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
            But there are also those people who love going to Orlando, Vegas, Williamsburg, Massanutten, Branson, Gatlinburg, and Mexico throughout the year and those that don't mind going to other places during the off season so they are loving the multiple exchanges. They are big winners even if the resorts they own aren't getting particularly high tpu's.
            The ones that REALLY won are the people like me, the ones who love Williamsburg & Massanutten and also get High TPU's...if i'm careful about when i exchange i can get 4-5 weeks in places i love for my one MF

Comment

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
              If that's directed at me, in my preceding post you can see where I can see that.

Comment

I also meant to mention that in the current issue of Endless Vacation, they, once again, encourage early deposit (only now early means nine months out, not the two years out some of us always did), and early exchanging.

Yet, the system they have set up encourages last minute exchanges, taking what's left for 3-10 points. (Well, except in SW FL where last minute stuff is 18 or so).

If you want people to behave in a particular manner (early exchange), you have to provide an incentive. Instead, the incentive is provided to exchange late.

Betcha they knew that, cuz if a deposit sits for 30 days with no one taking it, guess what?

Also, read the Settlement Agreement and you might figure out why full credit for deposits is nine months out rather than a year. At that point they don't have to be offered exclusively as exchanges, they can also be offered as rentals when they are deposited.

Comment

My one RCI timeshare works out to $13.04 TPU. Paid $2.25 for it on eBay. May have had to pay a few hundred in closing costs. I have been renting it each year, but maybe I should deposit it next year.

Comment

Originally posted by somerville View Post
                    My one RCI timeshare works out to $13.04 TPU. Paid $2.25 for it on eBay. May have had to pay a few hundred in closing costs. I have been renting it each year, but maybe I should deposit it next year.
                    As is said often in Branson, Depends.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB

$78.125 per point.

It appears they got rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by joycapecod
                        My lowest is $9.05 and highest $10.

I have other units that are Interval only, so cannot comment on that.

I can usually have enough TPUs to get anything I want as long as it is available and I can do it cheap.

Joy
                        In the same boat.. highest $10.5 lowest $6.75... an all about 140+ TPUs on weeks side.. II side I do not trade my weeks that often.

Comment

Originally posted by Bourne
                          In the same boat.. highest $10.5 lowest $6.75... an all about 140+ TPUs on weeks side.. II side I do not trade my weeks that often.
                          Very impressive! I'm guessing the average RCI members is paying $30+ per TPU. (The average week gets 20 TPUs or less, I believe, and MFs are generally $600.)

Of course, we knowledgeable timeshare owners can choose which weeks to deposit into RCI, giving RCI only those weeks that have a good number of TPUs for the MFs, and doing something else (like depositing into II or an independent) for the other weeks. Therefore, I think RCI's TPU system is good for knowledgeable timeshare owners, especially those who own multiple weeks. I'm not sure the TPU system is good for average owner, who probably owns only one week and don't know about the independent exchange companies.

I know that there is a fairly active market for RCI Points (not TPUs), with an RCI Point going for around 1 cent to 1.1 cents. Do people here think there will eventually be a similar market for TPUs? (One possible barrier is that RCI charges a fee to transfer TPUs from one account to another, but allows RCI Points to be transferred for free.) If there is eventually a market for buying other RCI members' transferred TPUs, what would be a fair price?

Comment

$12.8/TPU for the weeks we own; except for a MC week not intend to deposit with RCI. But I do trade into MC often as a owner.

JoyC

Comment

There have been cases where members have transferred TPUs..I think there is a $99 fee associated with it...not to the level where points are...

Timesharing and these forums are a boon...I admit I am more of a lurker than poster..

Now only if I could figure out how to be a Wyn VIP on resale...helped a co-worker pick up a 300K package in a non-US resort..and it came in as a VIP...and he is on it for two years now...happy for him but kicking myself that I did not pick it up...

Comment

Originally posted by JudyS
                                Very impressive! I'm guessing the average RCI members is paying $30+ per TPU. (The average week gets 20 TPUs or less, I believe, and MFs are generally $600.)
                                And as has been mentioned, 8 gets 1/2 of available exchanges, right now 46%, so draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                                X