Clear All

• More Devluation of Our TSs From Renting Condos Instead

TODAY ONLY: $249 vacation sale!

Branson Area [443]
    September 2012 [39]
    October 2012 [72]
    November 2012 [116]
    December 2012 [313]

Just a sample . . . other areas available, too.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Speaking on behalf of the new generation of timeshare owners. Branson can't be devalued, it has no value to begin with.

I'm not even sure if it really ever did have value, I've talked to both of my parents, both in their 60's and they have no interest in branson either. Maybe my grandparents would be into it?

It seems to me branson has had no value for ATLEAST two generations

sent from the bathroom using Tapatalk 2
    Ridewithme38
    Last edited by Ridewithme38; 08-28-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

It would be interesting to have opinions expressed here:

http://www.1branson.com/forum/

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Branson is one of those places that you dig or you don't. I like the Ozarks and Table Rock Lake, but have zero interest in shows. Not in Branson, not in gatlinburg, not anywhere.

Branson does attract a lot of people, some that like to go several times a year. just because it isn't my cup of tea doesn't mean there is No Value. It is simply overbuilt and when the kiddoes go back to school, occupancy drops. once winter weather shows up, the older folks may not want to go, either.

Not a shock to see November and December going begging. Branson won't be the only area On Sale. RCI wants their money.

Comment

We did a TS exchange into Branson and were certainly not impressed. We were already in Missouri visiting our son so we decided to give Branson a try. We did see 7 shows but will never go back. However some people like it which is their prerogative.
          John

Comment

Originally posted by BoardGirl View Post
            Not a shock to see November and December going begging. Branson won't be the only area On Sale. RCI wants their money.
            November is probably the top month. Veterans' Week the top Branson week. December is big until the 15th. October is pretty busy, too. Ozark Mountain Christmas is the biggest organized Branson season.

The weakest months: January, February, March, September.

Some post opinions about Branson similar to those here on the Branson forum, but, generally, not more than once.

Comment

geez, I cant decide where to go. Some of the Mexico ts @ $249 are really good deals but when you add airfare, entertainment and transportation it makes it starts to add up.

I does make it hard to rent something when its given such a low price on RCI.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                geez, I cant decide where to go. Some of the Mexico ts @ $249 are really good deals but when you add airfare, entertainment and transportation it makes it starts to add up.
                Yeah, thus the appeal of regional destinations like Branson, Wisconsin Dells, Williamsburg, Gatlinburg . . .

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                  Yeah, thus the appeal of regional destinations like Branson, Wisconsin Dells, Williamsburg, Gatlinburg . . .
                  I'm at williamsburg right now. If it wasn't for regional destinations like williamsburg, massanutten, poconos, dc, I'd never travel anywhere. The costs of flights puts travel completely out of my budget

sent from the bathroom using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It would appear that there may be another distinction such as overbuilt and undesirable. Williamsburg is overbuilt but not undesirable, Branson for many may be both. I've been to Williamsburg about a dozen times and would still go back, while I have no desire to ever go to Branson.

Comment

i can't speak specifically about Branson but the Williamsburg ones that are on sale for $249 have been sitting in inventory at 5-7 tpu's for at least a month so it is not surprising that they are being offered for sale. They probably have been sitting on the rentals page from $300-$500 with no takers too. If there is a mad dash taking them all asap maybe they are being undervalued. If they continue to sit then they might be overvalued at $249. Unfortunately if you want to rent something you have to have something that people want and can't find it somewhere else for a lower price.

Comment

The key factor is overbuilt. Bootleg, the RCI employee who used to post here gave the main overbuiilt areas in North America as Orlando, Branson, Williamsburg, and Massanutten. It is all about supply and demand, and for these areas the problem is more on the supply side than the demand side. For Europe, you could add Canary Islands, Finalnd, Hungary, and the Cosra del Sol in Spain.

Comment

We started going to Branson, LOZ, and other MO/AR lake destinations in the early 90's. The attraction is lakes and golf.

I don't know many people who go to shows. There are some new and fresh ones, and other attractions, which are nice, and it's nice to have them there, as opposed to an area that does not have them, for every now and then.

Branson has 3 of 5 of Golfweek's Best Courses You Can Play in Missouri. 2012 has been Branson's best golf year ever.

Comment

As much as we old timers down play Branson (WBurg, Orlando, Mass) there were VERY few units available in August for those areas. Even last minute I think I saw one large unit for Branson.

There is an attraction for fly over country that many of us do not understand but there is a large draw for people to drive to locations.

People have come to blows over Big Cedar.

Try to get a large unit in Orlando over Christmas and New Years 2012 at this point. It is not happening.

Of course when they have their low periods they are very low. That certainly effects owners tied to those seasons.
                            Lawren
                            ------------------------
                            There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                              We started going to Branson, LOZ, and other MO/AR lake destinations in the early 90's. The attraction is lakes and golf.

I don't know many people who go to shows. There are some new and fresh ones, and other attractions, which are nice, and it's nice to have them there, as opposed to an area that does not have them, for every now and then.

Branson has 3 of 5 of Golfweek's Best Courses You Can Play in Missouri. 2012 has been Branson's best golf year ever.
                              wisconsin Dells has 4 great golf courses, and wonderful state parks and natural attractions in the area, but people get on these boards allthe time and state that there are only water parks here.

Comment

Working...
                              X