More enhancements at RCI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More enhancements at RCI?

I ran into a Brit at lunch today who is on a temporary assignment here and happens to be a timesharer. We had an interesting discussion. He was totally unaware of the independent exchange companies and was happy to get the info on them.

But he mentioned an issue I don't recall seeing discussed on these boards that is another downgrade . . . err, ''enhancement'', at RCI. He said that recently, the RCI Europe website was changed so that it no longer allowed printing off confirmations online or allowed added guest certificiates online. He had called RCI to ask if that was just a glitch and they told him that it was a permanent change.

Has anyone encountered that on the US site of RCI?

I just printed a confirmation yesterday. I haven't tried to add a GC in a long time.

Edited to add: these things sometimes boil down to silly bugs in the web site that interact poorly with various browsers/cookies/cached data. If you see your friend again, suggest that he clear browser cache/cookies and/or use a different browser.
    bnoble
    Last edited by bnoble; 10-23-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

He had called RCI on the issue and they told him it was a permanent change. Apparently from your experience, only Europe got popped with this one. Or maybe the RCI call center in Cork did not know what they were talking about.

Comment

What would be the benefit to RCI to dis-allow printing off confirmations? it would make more sense for them to require it and not send mail confirmations.

While I wouldn't put anything crazy past RCI, I'd go with a rep not having a clue. They do tend to make up answers at will.

Comment

Working...
        X