As Always, Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Always, Beware

If I had a dollar for every time someone at RCI has done something they were not told to do, or for every time I have warned to beware of Guides, I'd probably have a winter place in Florida. or a summer place on lake up north.

Oh, yeah.

But, I've never had someone at feedback do someone they should not.

I was trying to account for an upcoming week (11/2013). It was not in the Spacebank and I could not see where I had used it for an exchange. Our resort said I had deposited it. I could see where I had used two weeks from that resort for two exchanges, but they were not identified in any way in my exchange history.

So, I forwarded the email thread where I had been discussing this with our resort to feedback. I did not ask RCI to do anything, just to see if they could account for it.

Today feedback replied, saying they saw where it had been deposited, but that it had been withdrawn with no explanation the next day. SO, THEY REDEPOSITED IT, BACKDATED, AND SAID THE TRANSACTION WAS FINAL.

My reply was simple, "Why did you do something with something that does not belong to you, without permission?"

Any more, I don't really give a $#1+.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

disregard the typos, witch I always discover after the cluck ticks
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post

My reply was simple, "Why did you do something with something that does not belong to you, without permission?"
      Have you got a response yet?

Comment

is it possible there was something in the email string that you forwarded that would have indicated it was supposed to be deposited? Hard to draw much conclusion without knowing the other communication included.

I never forward emails that have been going back and forth for privacy for people involved and for confusion.

Comment

Another good reason to use independent exchange companies.

Comment

"I did not ask RCI to do anything, just to see if they could account for it."

"RCI: I am looking for Week 11, 3/16/13, at (Slimey Slough).

Do you see where I have deposited it or used it?

Thanks,"

- - - - - -
            Please accept my apology for assuming that you wanted the week redeposited.

Comment

Today feedback replied, saying they saw where it had been deposited, but that it had been withdrawn with no explanation the next day. SO, THEY REDEPOSITED IT, BACKDATED, AND SAID THE TRANSACTION WAS FINAL.
              Now they are saying they will not accept the deposit!

Comment

I just spoke to our resort, and then to a Supervisor at RCI, and it is the same passing the buck we have become accustomed to after 25 years.

I'm too exhausted to even attempt to explain what each is saying.

Comment

I've rested.

RCI changed their tune from there being no notation as to why the deposit was withdrawn the day after I deposited it last August to I requested to withdraw the deposit. They blamed the resort's management company's system that did not recognize that the deposit had been returned.

So, I could not find that week in either RCI's or the resort's system because it was not in either's.

RCI says their rep is going to take this up with our resort's management company, as this is not the first time this has happened. No such admission from the management company. No apologies from either.

FTR, I may or may not have withdrawn the deposit. The situation is that we own two consecutive peak weeks at the resort, both of which used to pull any exchange Sightings posted on forums. November 16, 2010 (do I have that date right?) they came out rated differently, one a mere shadow of the other. So, I might have been juggling them. I don't remember, and that is unusual for me.

So, I could not find that week in either RCI's or the resort's system because it was not in either's.

It emphasizes what I have learned over 25 years, which is that no one else will manage your timeshare or look out for you better than you, and you had better be willing to take the care to keep track of them and go to battle if something is awry.

Plus, it's just another PITA for something that we do not have to have any more to begin with.

But, at least we now have enough faux points to get an exchange we no longer want to get.

Comment

Sounds like it's time to give it away.

Comment

$350/year for 18 faux points. Two of them. $375/year for 16 faux points.

First come, first served.

Comment

Well I think you need to do a little bit better than that.
                        Like does it trade with anybody other than RCI?
                        Like II? Why focus on the negative.
                        No wonder you are stuck with this.

Comment

That's better.

Now why don't you say where it is so somebody could actually give it real consideration.

I've given away two timeshares already and am working on a third, so it's not impossible to get rid of a timeshare that just isn't working for you anymore ya know.

Comment

The written record, my Old Mail, does not support the version I am being told.

There is only one Deposit Verification and it does not identify which of our three weeks at the resort it is, and there is no Deposit Withdrawal Verification.

On top of that, the exchange I made with the deposit that was verified (but not identified) was with the third week we own at the resort, not the two being discussed.

There is no record at all of the two being discussed (which is what prompted my inquiry to begin with). Sorta, "could you please tell me what I did with . . . " because I can't find it anywhere.
                            - - - - -
                            Also, you can draw your own conclusion because there's no way of knowing where this deposit (just done) went, but when I search for it, I get:

Sorry, we did not find any results for your search criteria
                            JLB
                            Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
                            Last edited by JLB; 02-13-2013, 09:00 AM.

Comment

The written record, my Old Mail, does not support the version I am being told.

There is only one Deposit Verification and it does not identify which of our three weeks at the resort it is, and there is no Deposit Withdrawal Verification.

On top of that, the exchange I made with the deposit that was verified (but not identified) was with the third week we own at the resort, not the two being discussed.

There is no record at all of the two being discussed (which is what prompted my inquiry to begin with). Sorta, "could you please tell me what I did with . . . " because I can't find it anywhere.
                              - - - - -
                              Also, you can draw your own conclusion because there's no way of knowing where this deposit (just done) went, but when I search for it, I get:

Sorry, we did not find any results for your search criteria
                              At first I thought you were mad that a week you did not want banked had been banked. they you were mad because it was not banked

now you are mad that it was not banked but, if i read you right they still took it even on short notice. Are you mad or happy about that?

I hope it got settled for you and if it did I am happy for you.

time to do some trading!

Comment

Working...
                              X