As Always, Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pleased that it got banked.

I am not pleased that they banked it without asking me, because it does not belong to them to do anything with without my permission.

I am not pleased that neither RCI nor my resort had an accurate record of what had or had not been done with it previously.

I am not pleased that deposits appear on rci.com without specifying what week or unit they are.

&, yeah, if we needed an exchange, we can get one now.

As everyone here knows, and is tired of hearing, there is nothing happy about spending $3000 a year on something you have no use for. That feeling is shared by a whole lot of people.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
      I am pleased that it got banked.

I am not pleased that they banked it without asking me, because it does not belong to them to do anything with without my permission.

I am not pleased that neither RCI nor my resort had an accurate record of what had or had not been done with it previously.

I am not pleased that deposits appear on rci.com without specifying what week or unit they are.

&, yeah, if we needed an exchange, we can get one now.

As everyone here knows, and is tired of hearing, there is nothing happy about spending $3000 a year on something you have no use for. That feeling is shared by a whole lot of people.
      Doesn't that mean that the fact that it shows banked in RCI means that their records are incorrect?
      $3000 your add above references about $350 for 16 tp and 375 for 14 how the heck do you get to $3,000 from there?
      Why don't you have use for it? I understand you live in a pretty cool place in FL is there no reason to travel? Can you rent your weeks? Seems like you have good uns.
      my week has a higher per TP unit than yours and I still get good use but, I go to country bumpkin places like Texas and Colorado and Arkansas not high falluting places like FL

Comment

We now live in two vacation destinations and pretty much get vacationed out vacationing all the time.

We own 6 weeks with $3000 total in annual fees. None of them have ever gone down.

We go through the motions of renting them, but we are in competition with everyone else trying to rent theirs.

People, lifestyles, needs, desires, finances, being alive, being married change.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I have now done two "late deposits" in the last month. Neither ever appeared online.

I would have to assume that both resorts are so in demand that they immediately matched to ongoing searches although both have beaucoup stuff available for dates further out.

Comment

RCI does not seem to get it that when they pass the buck, blame an affiliate for an issue, and that when the affiliate passes the buck back, all it does is lessen the owner/subscriber's enthusiasm for timesharing, or further enhances their lack of enthusiasm.

But, in our 20-plus years, that has always been the case, that just about every person you deal with at RCI (with a few exceptions can count on one hand, who have been wonderful and helpful) have been abusive, condescending and rude know-it-alls.

Comment

Today I got both the Deposit and an Exchange Confirmation.

FYI, if you book an exchange online for a date after your subscription expires, when you go to the "settling up" page, it "allows" you to renew your subscription so you can confirm the exchange.

Comment

Working...
              X