Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do You Suppose This is Necessary?

Ends Today. Trading Power Slashed to 5.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Originally posted by JLB View Post
    Ends Today. Trading Power Slashed to 5.
    Great resorts that no one know about create no demand, hopefully with slashed trading power people will check out these amazing places that are usually off their radar and tell everyone else how amazing they are

Comment

Or because RCI wants some money and they don't think anyone will pay the exchange fee and use 7-12 tpu's but may be willing to spend $199 plus 5 tpu's.

Comment

Whew! Thanks.

I thought maybe it was crappy resorts no one wanted, oversupply in overbuilt areas, or stuff even the general public would not rent.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Crappy resorts is in the eye of the beholder.
          If the price is right it's a good alternative to a motel if you only need a few days.
          And the general public hasn't a clue for the most part where to find these deals.
          Most people don't think timeshare rentals when they plan their vacations.
          Very few people I know travel this way until they meet me.

Comment

My sister & her husand, who ought to know better by now after I have got them numerous timeshare units, are paying over $450/night for a "suite" at the Mirage. Had they only asked I could have had them in a 2 BR at the Marriott GC, a 1 BR at Elara or a couple others for under $300 for the whole week!

People don't realize what great values are out there in timeshares and waste money on far less at hotels.

Comment

So, in conclusion, if more people knew what a great value timesharing is, RCI would not have to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by timeos2 View Post
                My sister & her husand, who ought to know better by now after I have got them numerous timeshare units, are paying over $450/night for a "suite" at the Mirage. Had they only asked I could have had them in a 2 BR at the Marriott GC, a 1 BR at Elara or a couple others for under $300 for the whole week!

People don't realize what great values are out there in timeshares and waste money on far less at hotels.
                I just got back today from staying at Marriotts Grand Chateu in a 3 bedroom for the week. Total cost was $450.
                I added on just one measly night in the 1 bedroom lock off portion and it cost me $190 with a AAA discount.
                Almost half of what I paid for the full week.
                It was worth it to use just to have a place to rest & shower before our midnight flight but.....

Still $650 for a week is still a huge bargain even if you add on the extra day.
                And considering this was Memorial Day weekend it was an even better deal.

Comment

So, in conclusion, if more people knew what a great value timesharing is, RCI would not have to do this.

Sales are part of American marketing.
                  People are conditioned to act on a "sale".
                  Just turn on the TV and see all the Memorial Day sales.

I own a small business and although sell quite a bit at my retail prices,
                  when I run a sale it more than doubles my sales for those days.
                  People just love a bargain.

Can't say that I blame them I do the same thing and do sometimes act on RCI's sales if I'm in the market for what they are offering.

Comment

Anyone remember when we used to talk about the "lose what you brag about" syndrome, when almost everything good that we shared on internet timeshare forums got "corrected" by the powers that be?

I used to be concerned about that, but . . . .

Comment

Anyone remember when we used to talk about the "lose what you brag about" syndrome, when almost everything good that we shared on internet timeshare forums got "corrected" by the powers that be?

I used to be concerned about that, but . . . .

Was I bragging?

Exchange value is no secret.
                      You need to own a timeshare to get these deals so I don't see how they are going to
                      correct this unless they pull out completely from II.

Although they are trying, they still need II for their owners who don't convert to points.
                      In the meantime some of us will enjoy the opportunities.

But since nobody here really wants to go to Vegas who cares anyway?

Comment

Working...
                      X