Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member of RCI -still stumped

Hi,
    I bought my timeshare from RCI in Jan 2011...and still haven't used it! Is there an area here where I can sort of start in as a beginner to get help with Timeshare matters and learn something?

Thanks.
    G.

Hi G., RCI doesn't sell timeshares. It is an exchange company that can be used to trade your timeshare week for another timeshare week. Do you plan to trade your week for something else? If so, you may need RCI, especially if it is a points type of timeshare instead of a weeks type. Tell us what you own and we can help more. Give the resort, the week or the season, if it is a points type of ownership, is it RCI points or Wyndham points?

Comment

Originally posted by Georgia632 View Post
      Hi,
      I bought my timeshare from RCI in Jan 2011...and still haven't used it! Is there an area here where I can sort of start in as a beginner to get help with Timeshare matters and learn something?

Thanks.
      G.
      Hi Goergia,
      We'd be happy to help as Phil mentioned.

First place is letting us know what you own.
      Then let us know where you want to go and we will try to guide you as best we can.
      Welcome to the world of timesharing.
      It's not as complicated as it seems at first.

Comment

Sorry for jumping on this but I too need help. I have 200k points that need to be used by 12/31/16. Want to use a week in Europe for the in laws? Any information/help gratefully accepted

Comment

Originally posted by JimandKaren View Post
          Sorry for jumping on this but I too need help. I have 200k points that need to be used by 12/31/16. Want to use a week in Europe for the in laws? Any information/help gratefully accepted
          Do you have your account set up online and know how to search?

www.rci.com
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JimandKaren View Post
            First of all do you have Wyndham points or RCI points-what resort do you own?

Next the kind of European inventory that RCI has is mostly to the kind of places Europeans go to get away from everything-like the countryside or the lake. Add to that the availability is going to be the leftovers to those places when the weather isn't particularly good. You can get some decent warm weather availability to those types of places but only if you start a search and/or start checking daily 12-24 months in advance.

Comment

Ok saw your other post:
              I guess we have never looked into it to understand it. We have 200k points to use by December or lose them, and we really don't want to do that. We have lost them a couple of times in the past.
              They way we understood it was we could just use the points all over the world? Tried to get my wife's parents set for a vacation in the next 2 months as part of their 50th Anniversary gift, RCI still wanted $2099.00?
              We have also had trouble trying to sign into the account,(it was set up back years ago in an old email address that is no longer accessible, when I use the logon they say its not registered? lol
              Looking forward to trying to understand RCI from this great site
              Next question. Do you have 200,000 RCI points or 200,000 HICV points which would be the equivalent of 100,000 rci points? Have you already deposited them in RCI? Using them in Europe you might have done better converting them to Holiday Inn hotel reward points. If they are already in RCI you will have to make due but I don't know if you will like what is left over as I said summer or any warm weather periods in Europe usually requires 18-24 months of advance planning if you are using RCI. You will have to pay a $219 exchange fee. There looks like there might be some availability in the Canary Islands, there are some ski resort type places in Austria and Hungry and a bunch of places throughout Finland. There are some other places scattered about. None of the places that are left at this juncture are going to be the wow 50th anniversary type trip you are expecting.

Comment

It certainly is daunting when you are a beginner....but you've come to the right place. These are good knowledgeable people who will help you through it. Welcome and good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X