RCI said I need to use a PC to enter an ongoing search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCI said I need to use a PC to enter an ongoing search

Unbelievable. I finally decide to enter an ongoing search and got stuck in an endless loop. The tech I spoke with (very helpful, entered it manually) said it hasn't been working for months on most Macs. "Do you have access to a PC?" Uh... no....

Oh great! Well thanks for the heads up. If I decide to place a request, I will save myself some trouble and just call.
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

I put in two ongoing searches in the past 3 months and used my MAC. Not my iPad, definitely the MAC.
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

I use my Mac too but sometimes have to use Chrome for some features to work properly.
        I don't get the anti-Mac thing at RCI. How many millions have Macs? I'm sure it's plenty already.

Comment

I don't think it's a Mac thing. There is something and I can't remember what it is, that I can't do on my Windows/IE computer in RCI. Think it's confirming a unit on hold. One time, I had to do it on my Kindle.

Nancy

Comment

I tried to confirm an exchange on-line the other day. I wanted to add a guest certificate for my nephew and his wife, but couldn't complete the transaction. I called the tech support and they completed the transaction for me. The young man I worked with said that the guest certificate function was not working correctly.

Dori

Comment

That's interesting.
              I have a difficult time entering an Ongoing Search using my MAC (issue is always with the "dates overlapping", even though they do NOT).
              The rep I spoke with said that RCI's website is optimized for IE, so that since I was using Chrome and/or Safari, I would see lots of bugs.
              They've had to manually update my OGSs for me on their end.

Comment

Yesterday I was trying to use the deposit calculator, and could not get it to work on a pc with several different browsers. Worked fine on my ipad and Mac.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scootr5 View Post
                  Yesterday I was trying to use the deposit calculator, and could not get it to work on a pc with several different browsers. Worked fine on my ipad and Mac.
                  I haven't been able to use the deposit calculator the last 3 or 4 times I've tried.
                  Juanita

Comment

Originally posted by dvf_diva View Post
                    That's interesting.
                    I have a difficult time entering an Ongoing Search using my MAC (issue is always with the "dates overlapping", even though they do NOT).
                    The rep I spoke with said that RCI's website is optimized for IE, so that since I was using Chrome and/or Safari, I would see lots of bugs.
                    They've had to manually update my OGSs for me on their end.
                    YES, that's the exact problem I was having, with the same explanation. The tech did say I would likely have fewer issues with Mozilla Firefox, but I am not changing my browser for RCI, especially given that it won't necessarily fix all the bugs.

Comment

FWIW, I was just on RCI on my mac using safari, and had no issues setting up an ongoing search for Bonnet Creek (although I stopped short of payment).
                      Scott

Comment

Working...
                      X