No announcement yet.

Grand Mayan/Palace/Bliss/Luxxe 1 in 5 rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mav - Thank you for your post. The salesman would not have had a clue about such exchange policies from any company. No exchange company is fond of these kind of rules. They are imposed by the resort on both the exchange company, and Timeshare exchange guests. Many resorts impose such rules today, and that list is growing. We are bound by the resort's rules.

Thanks,
    Mark @SFX
    Member Communications
    SFX Video

Comment

Originally posted by Mark @SFX View Post
      Bellesgirl - thank you for your post. Yes, as explained above in earlier posts the current 1 in 3 rule applies to all exchange companies.

Thanks,
      Mark @SFX
      Member Communications
      Can I stay for 2 consecutive weeks at the Grand Mayan - Riviera Maya in 2015 and then stay 2 weeks at the Grand Mayan - Nuevo Vallarta in 2016?
      John

Comment

Mark,
        Can I assume that I have a written confirmation from SFX of reservations at a future date that today would not comply with the rule, that I will not have a problem at check-in?
        Bill

Hi Sally - It is our understanding the 1 in 3 rule is per destination. So the answer to your first question would be, no.

With regards to tracking... They do not keep track across exchange companies. If you have been booked within the 3 year period at any of their resorts, regardless of exchange company, your name will be flagged in their reservation system, and they can block your reservation. They may also cross reference other data in this process, eg. address etc. Is it worth the "risk" in trying to get around their rules? I will let you be the best judge of that. I personally would not want to spend hundreds of dollars on airfare and not have a place to stay!

Please note, these resort rules are subject to change, at any time in the future.

Thanks,
        Mark @SFX
        Member Communications

Comment

Originally posted by cirkus;568845n
          Mark,
          Can I assume that I have a written confirmation from SFX of reservations at a future date that today would not comply with the rule, that I will not have a problem at check-in?
          Bill
          Cirkus - Thank you for your post. If you have a current SFX confirmation for a future date, you will not be denied the booking.

Thanks,
          Mark @SFX
          Member Communications
          SFX Video

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
            Can I stay for 2 consecutive weeks at the Grand Mayan - Riviera Maya in 2015 and then stay 2 weeks at the Grand Mayan - Nuevo Vallarta in 2016?
            Hi John - good question. I would have to check and get back to you. 1 in 3 has not been defined as a one week stay or a two.

Back to you shortly.

Thanks,
            Mark @SFX
            Member Communications
            SFX Video

Comment

Hi John - good question. I would have to check and get back to you. 1 in 3 has not been defined as a one week stay or a two.

Back to you shortly.

Thanks,
              Mark @SFX
              Member Communications
              The reason I ask is we have always stayed for 2 consecutive weeks at the Grand Mayans in the past. If I can't do that then it really isn't worth making the trip.
              John

Comment

Hi Sally - It is our understanding the 1 in 3 rule is per destination. So the answer to your first question would be, no.

With regards to tracking... They do not keep track across exchange companies. If you have been booked within the 3 year period at any of their resorts, regardless of exchange company, your name will be flagged in their reservation system, and they can block your reservation. They may also cross reference other data in this process, eg. address etc. Is it worth the "risk" in trying to get around their rules? I will let you be the best judge of that. I personally would not want to spend hundreds of dollars on airfare and not have a place to stay!

Please note, these resort rules are subject to change, at any time in the future.

Thanks,
                Mark @SFX

Member Communications

Hi Mark,
                Earlier this week I spoke with an SFX rep about a possible extended stay in Puerto Vallarta this fall, 2015. She listed a few possibilities and suggested that the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta would be a good choice and that I could book up to 3 consecutive weeks. I told her that I had stayed at the Grand Bliss for two consecutive weeks on an RCI exchange in January, 2013. She told me that many of her clients have recently stayed at the same Vida properties through SFX, even though they had recently exchanged there through other exchange companies and that there were never any problems with their bookings.
                It’s been about a year since you posted this response about Vida’s 1 in 3 rules. Have the rules changed and can I now go ahead and book GM for the fall without any fear of being turned away upon my arrival?
                Thanks
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                  Hi Mark,
                  Earlier this week I spoke with an SFX rep about a possible extended stay in Puerto Vallarta this fall, 2015. She listed a few possibilities and suggested that the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta would be a good choice and that I could book up to 3 consecutive weeks. I told her that I had stayed at the Grand Bliss for two consecutive weeks on an RCI exchange in January, 2013. She told me that many of her clients have recently stayed at the same Vida properties through SFX, even though they had recently exchanged there through other exchange companies and that there were never any problems with their bookings.
                  It’s been about a year since you posted this response about Vida’s 1 in 3 rules. Have the rules changed and can I now go ahead and book GM for the fall without any fear of being turned away upon my arrival?
                  Thanks
                  Steve
                  Steve - Thank you for your post.

All exchange companies work independently of each other. We do not know what you have booked with other companies and vice versa. You can book to a Grand Mayan property with us, and as long as we are not booking you year after year and violating the 1 in 3 year rule, then they cannot turn away your reservation.

Since Mayan offers its inventory to different companies out there, fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, there is no concise way to track bookings across all the different channels. If you book a reservation with us, and we have not booked you to any Vida property within the last 3 years, then your reservation will be fine.

Hope this helps...

Mark @SFX
                  Member Communications
                  SFX Video

Comment

Working...
                  X