Wine Country 2014 or 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post
    If the goal of the trip is wine-tasting other places to consider (beyond those previously mentioned) include Sedona, Oregon (any place near the Willamette Valley, Seattle, and Kelowna.
    Any suggestions for a resort in the Seattle area? We are planning on last week in July 2014 for a Seattle wine trip. I need to get something going soon to get a reservation request in.
    Don

Comment

Originally posted by vintner View Post
      Any suggestions for a resort in the Seattle area? We are planning on last week in July 2014 for a Seattle wine trip. I need to get something going soon to get a reservation request in.
      The only timeshare in Seattle that I know of is Worldmark. Your next best option (and maybe even better if you want to explore some) is probably Leavenworth, which is probably about 1-1/2 hour's drive to Wooodinville (which I presume will be the focus of your wine activities in Seattle). Leavenworth might be nice because it's only about an hour's drive to the Ancient Lakes AVA. There are two timeshares in Leavenworth, another Worldmark and Blackbird Lodge.
      “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

I understand the debate. May I continue to ask more questions?

I am hoping to explore the Napa Area to check out the local winery, in September 2014. What is the chance of exchanging into this area through either RCI or II?

RCI has availability in Worldmark Wine Country Clear Lake and Worldmark Wine Country Sonorma County till March 2014. Which resort is better and closer to local winery? What is the chance of exchanging into either of these?

What else can I do in the area, except finding good wine and restaurants? Thanks.

Comment

We don't drink any adult beverages so I can't comment on the quality of the wine at various locations but nobody has mentioned the Temecula Valley wine country. We live just 15 minutes from it. It is a nice area with several vineyards and wineries.

http://www.temeculawines.org/

http://www.temeculamapguide.com/temecula-wineries.html

http://www.temeculawines.org/wineries-vineyards/

The Welk timeshare is close and there are a ton of things to do and see in the area being less than an hour from San Diego.
          John

Comment

Yeah it's ok for looks but it isn't really wine country with the look of Napa valley.

Plus, most Temecula wines aren't worth the trouble.

Comment

Temecula in Southern California also has a lot of wineries. It's about an hour north of San Diego and there are a few tour companies that do day trips from San Diego to the area.

Comment

Working...
              X