Carlsbad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlsbad

A favorite for many of us, a lot of Carlsbad is on fire, and out of control.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

I'm right in the middle of it. Calmer now but so smoky.

My house smells like a beach campfire.

Comment

When all the East Coasters were dealing with their horrible winter...I teased, as a Southern Californian, that we weren't having winter...but not to fear because we would be on fire come summer. It's NOT even officially summer...This is the perfect storm.... Santa Ana's and premature heat. Stay safe everyone. The "season" is young.

Comment

Terrible! So early in the year for fires....Stay safe everyone!
        Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by buzglyd View Post
          I'm right in the middle of it. Calmer now but so smoky.

My house smells like a beach campfire.
          I am surprised you did not leave or were told to evacuate. At leaset you are OK
          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I'm south of the fire area. We weren't in danger other than a lot of smoke and ash.

My sister is in the San Marcos area that is burning like crazy still and they got evacuated.

Comment

Originally posted by buzglyd View Post
              I'm south of the fire area. We weren't in danger other than a lot of smoke and ash.

My sister is in the San Marcos area that is burning like crazy still and they got evacuated.
              sending my thoughts and prayers to those in range of the fires. Hoping it doesn't jump the freeway.

Stay safe!
              Lawren
              ------------------------
              There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
              - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400178010.347038.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	923255

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400178028.414670.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	923256

Comment

22 homes lost. Fires still burning.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
                    Terrible! So early in the year for fires....Stay safe everyone!
                    It used be that the fall was the fire season because of everything being so dry after 6 months of no rain and that is when the Santa Ana winds occurred. Now we get Santa Ana winds at anytime of the year.

We are about 15 miles from the closest fire at Fallbrook. It started Wednesday morning. My son in law works at the weapons center there. They were all evacuated yesterday morning and the base is still closed.

We never get any smoke from the fires where we live. If it wasn't for the news, I wouldn't know there were any fires.
                    JWC
                    Super Moderator
                    Last edited by JWC; 05-15-2014, 09:08 PM.
                    John

Comment

They just said about the same thing on The Weather Channel. Fire Season is year-round now.

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
                        It used be that the fall was the fire season because of everything being so dry after 6 months of no rain and that is when the Santa Ana winds occurred. Now we get Santa Ana winds at anytime of the year.

We are about 15 miles from the closest fire at Fallbrook. It started Wednesday morning. My son in law works at the weapons center there. They were all evacuated yesterday morning and the base is still closed.

We never get any smoke from the fires where we live. If it wasn't for the news, I wouldn't know there were any fires.
                        I live here too. There were about 10 different fires. One was caused by sparks from a bull dozer. The rest are all suspicious. When we have a "santa ana" weather condition ( humidity less than 10 %, strong dry winds from the west and higher temps), the situation is explosive. Even if we had got triple the rain this year, the fires would still have occurred. So, the tie-in to global warming is weak, at best. Green vegetation I cut last week was absolutely and surprisingly bone dry today. So, this is a recurring weather condition where the winds come from the North East. Nine of the fires are of suspicious origin. They have already arrested two individuals. More to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brogers92026 View Post
                          I live here too. There were about 10 different fires. One was caused by sparks from a bull dozer. The rest are all suspicious. When we have a "santa ana" weather condition ( humidity less than 10 %, strong dry winds from the west and higher temps), the situation is explosive. Even if we had got triple the rain this year, the fires would still have occurred. So, the tie-in to global warming is weak, at best. Green vegetation I cut last week was absolutely and surprisingly bone dry today. So, this is a recurring weather condition where the winds come from the North East. Nine of the fires are of suspicious origin. They have already arrested two individuals. More to follow.
                          Actually the Santa Ana winds blow from the East towards the ocean, not from the West. They are just the opposite of the normal ocean breezes. They start in the desert. That is when the temperatures along the coast can be as high or higher than Palm Springs. The winds typically don't last more than a couple days and the high heat/low humidity for 3 days. However the fires can go on for several days.
                          John

Comment

Stay safe everyone! Hopefully the fires are under control very soon.

Dori

Comment

Working...
                            X