Review Wyndham Cypress Palms, Kissimmee, FL 2 bedroom lock off Oct. 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review Wyndham Cypress Palms, Kissimmee, FL 2 bedroom lock off Oct. 2012

Just got home from a great few days at Wyndham Cypress Palms in Kissimmee.

Got this with a resort certificate but it always seems to be available for last calls and cheap TPUs.
    I'm not sure why since this is actually a pretty nice place but making a note to self to keep this on the radar.

So we checked in at 5am. Yeah we got a late start to say the least.
    Anyway, before we leave home, I called before hand and requested an updated room.
    The guy tells me that all the rooms are updated and when we get there they give us the keys to our room and the security guard follows us to our room to make sure everything is alright.

First issue, the lock on the lock-off portion doesn't work. The electronics are fried or something. He goes and gets a key to open the lock off from the outside. Then the lock on the lock off to the room is broken. Okayyy. This is not starting out good but we are soooooo exhausted that I said to just come back later and they can fix it then. I didn't even notice that the door on the bathroom was completely off the tracks at this point. In the morning we get a buzz at 10am to come and fix the lock. We show the maintenance guys, (they sent two) and a security guard, the other issues. The maintenance guy says that for him to fix the bathroom door he has to take it off and repatch the wall and repaint. I told him, hell no, I can't stand paint. I've got asthma, I need another room.

Well surprise, surprise, a renovated room is available. Now it's not much past check out time so how was it available for the second night but not for the first. Of course it was ready, but Enrique just didn't want to give us the requested room. Not sure why but whateverrrrr.
    So we moved at 11am to a brand new clean room without issues.

There were other issues with the non-remodeled room. I think they had to do with the fact that the room was a handicap accessible room. Most of the cabinets appeared like they were run into by wheelchairs and half hanging off the hinges, the bed was very low and there was no night table. The kitchen counters were handicap height and the room just was very very worn down. The showers were leaking and the handheld sprayer had holes in the tubing spraying water everywhere when you used the shower. This particular room was a total redo and I told them so. They really should not be using this room as it seems it's well past it's prime. It definitely gave you the feeling you were in Kissimmee.

So onto our remodeled room. Can you say, night and day? It was almost as nice as a Bonnet Creek Presidential unit.
    Obviously these are the rooms they reserve for their rentals and put the exchangers in the old and tired rooms.
    Maybe these rooms go for owners. Hopefully they are for owners.

We had a two bedroom lock off sleeps 8. Two beautiful rooms with two kitchens two washer/dryers and of course two baths. The furnishings were fresh out of the box and we saw the trucks unloading furniture for the other buildings while we were there. Pretty soon the whole place should have a full facelift but in the meantime pester for an upgraded room.

Apparently they have 2 bedroom sleep 6 as well which are not lock offs. The second bedroom has two twin beds instead of the king in the lock off.
    I could see a lock off being a problem traveling with small kids. They can literally lock themselves in the room and lock you out and escape. If traveling with small kids get a 2 bedroom sleeps 6 instead of the sleeps 8.

So the rooms have the usual nice Wyndham stuff, the granite counter tops and flat screen TV's along with a full kitchen and a nice screened balcony facing nothing but hey it could be worse, it could face the road. You get free wi-fi and the little welcome packets that all Wyndhams have. They did change the toiletries in this resort. It's not the True Blue stuff they have at Bonnet Creek. Kind of a fruity smelly stuff. I like the True Blue better.

The resort is right behind the Cracker Barrel restaurant. You actually go thru their parking lot to enter the property from the side. There are lots of restaurants in this area to choose from. Longhorn, Red Lobster, etc. You are almost on 192. An easy commute to Disney and Celebration is almost next door.

Overall this is a nice place for Kissimmee. It could use a guard gate to keep out the riff-raff but other than that it was nice. I'd go back.

We stay there for the first time in January for a long weekend. Glad to hear the positive review of the updated units. I'll be sure to get one

Comment

This is one resort that will never see me at ever again!
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
        This is one resort that will never see me at ever again!
        Why Frank? What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by jlwquilter View Post
          We stay there for the first time in January for a long weekend. Glad to hear the positive review of the updated units. I'll be sure to get one
          I think you'll enjoy it. It's a step up from EI.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
            I think you'll enjoy it. It's a step up from EI.
            We really liked it when we stayed...quiet and peaceful.
            7 years of fulltime timesharing, only 6-7 months, now based in Puyallup, WA
            www.ronandjoanjourney@blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
            X