Shell's Restaurant, Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell's Restaurant, Tampa

I'm sure there's a thread or three around about Shell's, but I don't seem to be able to conjure them up.

We had our first disappointing meal in 20 years there on my birthday. The fried shrimp was a tad undercooked, and was very ordinary. The trademark loaf of bread is now a $1.99 add-on.

20 years ago, fried shrimp was $6.99 and came with parsley buttered potatoes and mandarin cole slaw, both in little paper trays (boats). Bread was 99 cents, as was a salad. We used to order one of each, and share it.

Now fried shrimp is $10.99, and is still served with the same potatoes and cole slaw. Bread, as mentioned, is $1.99.

You can have fries, but they are not that good.

Peanuts are no longer served.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

I'd thought about running down there on our way from MIL's house, heading back to Kissimmee.
    Figured, naw. Maybe next time.

Now I won't bother. Darn, they sure had a good thing!

Thanks for the warning and Happy Birthday.
    Robert

Comment

I can't believe it, but we had to drive right by the one on Fowler today because we were on a tight schedule. We wound up having fried shrimp at an Applebee's in Venice. It's not bad.

&, boy, we thought there are a lot of old folks in Branson!!!

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

You should've been at Fisherman's Village in Punta Gorda today! We stopped there just to check it out; decided we have to wait another 25 years til we're old enough to stay there. We headed back to Fort Myers Beach.
        Jeanne

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanne Sz View Post
          You should've been at Fisherman's Village in Punta Gorda today! We stopped there just to check it out; decided we have to wait another 25 years til we're old enough to stay there. We headed back to Fort Myers Beach.
          Been there, seen that!

Comment

Working...
          X