SW FL Email to RCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW FL Email to RCI

I have been going to SW FL since 1976. When we began timesharing, we stayed at the Lehigh Resort Club several times in the 1990s. When you changed your subregions from SW FL to Southern Gulf Coast, LRC was not in it. It was listed in the Inland subregion, as it should be.

I have searched SW FL for January almost daily since rci.com began in 1997. I know availability for January began to drop off in 2004, for January, 2006. Whereas prior to that there would be 16-20 resorts available for a January, today they are few and far between.

I understand your desire to make it appear that you have availability at appealing Southern Florida Gulf resorts in Snowbird season, when you really don't, but I object to your switching of Lehigh Resort Club to the Southern Gulf Coastal subregion. That is grossly misleading and bound to create disappointment.

Sincerely,
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

I'll bet you can still get Lehigh.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
      I'll bet you can still get Lehigh.
      That's my gripe. Before they stuck it in Southern Gulf Coastal, if it showed availability you knew that what was available was gonna be near the coast. Probably a lesser resort like MR&C, not on the beach, but on the coast.

Now it's a PITA to open it because it shows something like two resorts available for a January, and both are LRC. Today for 2015, there is one LRC and one MR&C, neither being desirable.

For January, 2014, it says there are four available. When you open it, all of them are LRC. Then, there is no warning that it is 30 miles from the coast/nearest beach.

For those who are not familiar with all the resorts in SW FL, picking either MR&C or LRC would be a disappointment at checkin, when reality sets in.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I have the same problem when I view ski resorts in Colorado!

Comment

Originally posted by coskibum View Post
          Great first post.

So Lehigh shows as a Colorado ski resort, too?

Why not? If it can be Florida Coastal, it might as well be Colorado ski.

Odd that you should mention Colorado ski resorts in a SW Fl thread. It's as if you know me.

JLB
          Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
          Last edited by JLB; 01-11-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I, and probably only I, find this interesting:

posted 11-18-2004 08:52
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Another interesting, and meaningless, tidbit.
            Lehigh is the only one that's still been available for January, '05. But, the available units and check-in dates keep changing, day-to-day, and during each day. Yesterday there were three units on 1/1. The day before four. The day before that 4 on 1/1and 1 later in the month. One day last week there were three for 1/1 and one for laterin the month early in the day and just one for 1/1 later in the day. Today there is none of 1/1, but one for later in the month.

See, I do have a hobby!

------------------
            JLB

http://www.tug1.net/tugbbs1/Forum11/HTML/004223-2.html

Comment

Is it something besides posting here ?

Comment

Is it something besides posting here ?
                Someone has to, since you brought it up.

Here, there, everywhere, for quite awhile.
                JLB
                Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
                Last edited by JLB; 01-13-2013, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coskibum View Post
                  Despite the OP's opinion, I thought your comment was very much in line with the topic, and I appreciated it. RCI is terrible at categorizing resorts. I'm sure you have seen it before, but putting the resorts around Grand Lake in the "ski resort" category is very misleading. It would be a heck of a drive to hit the slopes!

Welcome to the board, coskibum! I hope you didn't get scared off.

Kurt

Comment

Perchance I disguise my humor too much.

How many little smilies are the appropriate amount?

In case it's gone over a head or two, my recent posts are intended to demonstrate that despite all the changes and the changing of guard timeshare forum-wise, we are still talking about the same things that were talked about in prehistoric times. Not similar things . . . exactly the same things.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                      In case it's gone over a head or two, my recent posts are intended to demonstrate that despite all the changes and the changing of guard timeshare forum-wise, we are still talking about the same things that were talked about in prehistoric times. Not similar things . . . exactly the same things.
                      That depends on the point of view-perhaps it's just you talking about the same things over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                        Perchance I disguise my humor too much.

How many little smilies are the appropriate amount?

Well talking about it isn't doing much good now is it?

I thought you had moved on now owning your own home in SW Florida.
                        The rules of the game have changed you just don't want to hear it.

I'm doing quite well getting into SW Florida with my holdings.
                        Granted I don't want to go when you snowbirds want to be there but in the summer it can get quite competitive too ya know.

Like all "investments" in life, sometimes you have to re-allocate your holdings.
                        I see no reason why that wouldn't be the case with timeshares too.
                        Either go with the flow or get out.
                        You got out.
                        Good for you, but some of us are still enjoying the journey.

Why can't you be a little more lax about the negativity here?
                        Just because it isn't for you anymore doesn't mean that it doesn't still work for many of us.

Although SW FL is nice, it's not the only place RCI offers.
                        There is still lots of great places in the world to visit other than SW FL.

I can attest that you can still get lots of great exchanges with RCI, ESPECIALLY with the new TPU system.
                        They are no longer dirt cheap but they are still reasonable.
                        Well actually some are still dirt cheap but of course that is in places that you have no desire to visit.
                        Hopefully that won't change but if it does I can always re-allocate and so can anyone else.

Comment

Maybe I missed it.

Did I start the Ongoing Search v. doing it yourself poll/thread? Same as we debated ten years ago.

I'm old and forget things like that.

Comment

As far as faux points go, yeah, they have tempered some of their initial foolishness. Some of ours that lydevalued have revalued up, and, like with any previous times, those of us who work hard enough, and together, still can find a way to make it work, kinda, if we want it to.

Comment

That depends on the point of view-perhaps it's just you talking about the same things over and over again.
                              We still have that unspoken postcount contest/bragging rights don't we? Same as 10-15 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X