X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you do.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
      We still have that unspoken postcount contest/bragging rights don't we? Same as 10-15 years ago.

Tony is ahead of you.

Comment

We still have that unspoken postcount contest/bragging rights don't we? Same as 10-15 years ago.

Back in the days of usenet newsgroups (the precursor to internet forums), it was considered very bad form -- almost a shunnable offence -- to directly reply to or follow-up your own post. If people still followed that etiquette (which most people still do), some user's post counts would be much, much lower.

Comment

Maybe I missed it.

Did I start the Ongoing Search v. doing it yourself poll/thread? Same as we debated ten years ago.

I'm old and forget things like that.

Well maybe you did about 10 years ago but I didn't go that far back in ancient history.
          I'm more interested in knowing what is going on today.

I know I'm a newbie compared to you and maybe that is why I irk you with my enthusiasm for RCI, but I see no reason to harp and harp on the same old crap that thanks to you and others who sued RCI in the first place, gave them carte blanche to do exactly what they are doing.
          Why should they listen to you now? They have the courts permission to do what they want with our weeks.
          I personally don't care as long as I have learned to play the game and thanks to this forum I have learned to play the game.

Not by listening to the nay sayers but by learning from those who have adjusted to the new rules.
          For that I am very grateful to Angela, BocaBum, BNoble, BigFrank, PatG, Lawren, Jnyang and all the others who so graciously help us newbies.

Well I'm not such a newbie anymore seeing that I've owned timeshares for more than 10 years now.
          Maybe new compared to a few dino's around here but I think more than 10 years owning now gives me some credibility.
          Okay maybe just a little.
          Okay off soapbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Presley View Post
            Tony is ahead of you.
            He seems to be getting sourer in his older age, too. Maybe it's that hour of sleep every night east-coaster lose staying up for the Eleven O'Clock news.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Nothing like folks who insist on telling you how you oughta be.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Keep in mind that if I was really concerned about post count, I have the power to change it by several means.

Comment

I realize I am an easy target simply because I am still here.

However, my dissatisfaction with what the timeshare industry has become is shared and widespread. I am amazed at the number of longtime timesharers, friends and sharers on these forums, and elsewhere, who are trying to unload. I am amazed at how widespread the change from proponent to opponent is.

Just between our present houseguest(s) and ourselves, we have 12 unwanted weeks we are stuck with. You can only imagine the total number when you consider there are millions of timeshare owners. People, desires, health, death, finances, divorces, and a myriad of other factors have come together in the Perfect Timeshare Storm.

One person's comments on the internet could not have created the mess that timesharing has become, the mass exit with no exit strategy, which has spawned even worse scams than those that get people involved to begin with, and picking on me will not straighten it out.

It is the size of the tide that has turned that has sucked all of the value out of timeshares.

I got picked on when I was a proponent, too.

Why should those who still love timesharing be opposed to letting those who do not go? Do they not appreciate that those hanging on and contributing against their wishes are making it more affordable for them, or, for that, matter, making it available at all, depending on how large the mass exodus could be. How can haranguing them be beneficial?

How can threatening and intimidating those who want out make the industry stronger? Won't that just create more animosity toward it, if that's possible? Might that just creates more sympathy, more understanding, more support, for those who have turned, and create a further fall, eventually?

When the student's ready, the teacher will appear.

JLB
                  Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
                  Last edited by JLB; 01-15-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

This is just one of many issues with RCI since Cendant / Wyndham took over!

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
                      This is just one of many issues with RCI since Cendant / Wyndham took over!
                      You are another who has been picked on as both a proponent and opponent.

Comment

You are another who has been picked on as both a proponent and opponent.
                        True, but I have learned a lot from reading Carolinian's posts these past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by pranas View Post
                          True, but I have learned a lot from reading Carolinian's posts these past few years.
                          No need to put a "but" in that statement.

There is a lot to learn from those who have fought the good fight.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the
                            the SWFL regions and the inclusion of Lehigh Acres Resort.

When requesting an ongoing region search with an RCI Guide, our guides
                            enter a four letter code to start the search. FLSW and FLSE are the
                            main region codes for southern Florida and there is no code for South
                            Central Florida. Therefore, Lehigh Acres will match to a FLSW search. If
                            you request to not have Lehigh Acres included in the search, we can
                            enter a search of FSW2 which will exclude both Lehigh Acres and Bonita
                            Springs. Our Guides, however, are instructed to typically enter the
                            larger search as we would rather offer a property you may not be
                            interested in, then to exclude something that may be of interest to one
                            of our members.

When searching online, we do have search filters that can be selected in
                            order to keep Lehigh Acres from matching. If you select Southern Gulf
                            Coast from the map, you can then narrow down to Beach Vacations or click
                            on the individual cities of interest.

In regards to our limited inventory in January, it is important to
                            understand that RCI relies on subscribing members to deposit vacation
                            time in order to fill exchange requests. We encourage you to request
                            vacation time and locations similar in demand to what you are
                            exchanging. While we cannot guarantee that each member will receive his
                            preferred vacation exchange, many locations and travel dates are
                            available. We encourage you to explore additional areas and dates. There
                            is no penalty to decline a unit we might offer you later.

Thank you for choosing RCI.

Keep in mind that my objection was to searching SW Gulf Coastal online, and being shown only an inland resort. Does this reply address that?
                            JLB
                            Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
                            Last edited by JLB; 01-17-2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

There is a lot to learn from those who have fought the good fight.
                              There would be no pearls without a bit of irritation.

Comment

Keep in mind that my objection was to searching SW Gulf Coastal online, and being shown only an inland resort. Does this reply address that?
                                No need to reply, but what Subregion should an inland resort (30 miles from the beach) be in?

FL - Inland [347]
                                FL - Keys [54]
                                FL - Northern Atlantic Coast [2310]
                                FL - Northern Gulf Coast [514]
                                FL - Orlando Area [5540]
                                FL - Panhandle [346]
                                FL - Southern Atlantic Coast [4471]
                                FL - Southern Gulf Coast [458]

Comment

Working...
                                X