Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flooding at Wyndham Palm Aire in Pompano Beach, FL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding at Wyndham Palm Aire in Pompano Beach, FL...

Evidently there were some flooding issues at Wyndham's Palm Aire Resort (not sure how or why this happened) that have shut down a number of units. Just heard of a group of of four that was bumped and forced to move to a studio from a 2br.. I haven't seen any updates on Wyndham's website, and it's next to impossible to get any helpful info from this front desk other than a simple confirmation that "some" units and guests are being impacted.

If you have anything checking in this week, you'll want to call first to be sure your reservation isn't effected.. The real problem here is that when you ask this particular front desk, you get the same old "units are assigned at check in" song and dance- but if you push pretty hard they'll take the time to look up the reservation.
    my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
    ~Earl Wilson

ThAt stinks!
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Bumped down to a studio from a 2 bedroom? Wow!
      Scott

Comment

Tough situation for all involved. With the resorts in the area at such a high occupancy- I'm guessing there just aren't many options. I'm willing to bet the people impacted will get their points returned, but just wanted to give a heads up to anyone that may be heading to the resort this week.. If anybody hears how many units were damaged (or the reason for the flooding), please share it here..

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
        ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Oh they definitely should get their points back.
          And they better not charge any stupid "resort fees" either.

So what exactly is the draw of this resort?
          I don't get it. It's not like it's in a good location or anything.
          Even Weston is nicer than this area.

Comment

Tell me it's not in the middle of city:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Wyndh...Beach,+FL&z=14
            RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I get numerous requests for it.. It seems to work well for families as it has golf, a nice spa, plus all the pools and activities for the kids. Add to that the the shuttle over to the beach at Royal Vista- and it gives people a nice base for their South Florida vacation. There are plenty of people that have a hard time with mobility through the beach sand, as well as difficulty managing the surf- and for all of those a resort like Palm Aire or even Weston makes plenty of sense.

~Earl Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                Tell me it's not in the middle of city:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Wyndh...Beach,+FL&z=14
                Yes it's in the middle of the city but not in a nice section of the city.
                Honestly pretty close to the hood.
                I like Pompano beach and am going to Royal Vista this summer, but wouldn't consider this an alternative unless you are a golfer.
                And I know how much you love your golf.

Yeah it's convenient to I-95 and if you are there for business or gold I guess it would be good.
                I can't imagine that families would prefer it over Royal Vista.

Comment

I prefer the beach when I travel with just adults. But when I take restless teens we stay at Palm Aire because there's so much to do on-site.
                  Juanita

Comment

We've stayed there twice and the location is a bit sketchy to say the least. We took it as there was no room at our much preferred Royal Vista but it got us a nice east coast stay away from the cold north. Housekeeping is, like many Wyndham's, poor. We fought ants the whole week during one stay (they even had ant spray in the unit as a standard supply item!) The older section was closed an extended time a few years back due to hurricane damage. The remodeling those repairs triggered improved those units greatly (we toured them). We stayed in the newer mid-rises during both of our stays.

Weston is better too both for unit quality and the overall area / resort but this will do as a "stay there or nothing" choice.

Comment

Originally posted by timeos2 View Post
                      Weston is better too both for unit quality and the overall area / resort but this will do as a "stay there or nothing" choice.
                      Pretty good description of what timesharing devolved to for us.

Thus, our other option . . . just live where folks vacation.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

It is being reported on the Wyndham owners board that a guest set off the sprinklers in one of the older buildings causing water damage to about 30 units. Those are mostly fixed weeks / units so it stresses the system when any are out of service. Plus, for whatever reasons, any repairs required in that section of the resort always seem to get delayed forever. The hurricane damage was dragged out almost 2 years with owners losing their use during that time (but not the billings for the fees!).

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                          Yes it's in the middle of the city but not in a nice section of the city.
                          Honestly pretty close to the hood.
                          I like Pompano beach and am going to Royal Vista this summer, but wouldn't consider this an alternative unless you are a golfer.
                          And I know how much you love your golf.

Yeah it's convenient to I-95 and if you are there for business or gold I guess it would be good.
                          I can't imagine that families would prefer it over Royal Vista.
                          I will second this. I drive through the surounding neighborhood but would never walk it.

Comment

Working...
                          X