No announcement yet.

Anyone been to coconut Mallory resort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to coconut Mallory resort?

Anyone been to coconut Mallory resort lately?
    I got an exchange thru II but the reviews are all over the place on this one.
    Looks like it might be affiliated with Diamond resorts now.
    I am hoping that is a good thing for this place.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Been there and love it. Upscale for the area, especially in comparison to other timeshares in OCMD. Across a footbridge from Fager's restaurant. $$$ but they do the 1812 orchestra to coincide withe sunset in summer with fireworks.

Two blocks from the beach. Standing balcony only. Bayview if any from unit.
    lawren2
    Malibu Beach Barbie & A Super Moderator
    Last edited by lawren2; 06-25-2013, 12:41 PM.
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

I'm confused. I thought Coconut Mallory was in Key West.

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
        It is on key west. Maybe there are two coconut Mallory resorts.

Comment

me too....

Ocean City Coconut Malorie (#5313)

Ocean City, MD USA
          www.coconutmalorie.com

in Wyndham it is only called Coconut Malorie

I am such a non- II person.
          Lawren
          ------------------------
          There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
          - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

I have been to the one on Key West. It was OK, nothing to write home about. It was clean and about as far away from Duvall as you could get and still be on Key West. Would I go back; yes, because it was Key West. When we were there, I felt the units needed updating. That was a few years ago. The kitchen was adequate as were the other living areas. The bedrooms were fairly large considering the cost of real estate on Key West. The unit I had was two story and the stairs were about a flight and a half up (18 or so steps). Both bedrooms were on the top floor as were the bathrooms.

Joy
            “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Well key west doesn't come up much and I figure November should be nice weather just before the snow birds fly in.
              We are planning to hopefully go to the dry tortugas. Been on the bucket list for a while.
              its sad that living so close I haven't been in like 20 years.
              Thanks Joy.

Comment

Chris - Damn, the Marriott properties were available not long ago, for October/November. I grabbed one, since I seldom see them. Wish I'd known that you were interested!

Comment

I have a studio on hold for 2014 for my daughter and am not sure whether to book it because of the reviews. They are awful. If you stayed there how long ago was it? Thank you for any help you can provide. The one I have a unit on hold is the Coconut Mallory in Ocean City, Md.

Comment

Chris - Damn, the Marriott properties were available not long ago, for October/November. I grabbed one, since I seldom see them. Wish I'd known that you were interested!
                    Is there a Marriott timeshare in key west?
                    I thought they were hyatts.
                    I rarely see any hyatts with my ownership.
                    Angela is always torturing me with her sightings.

Comment

Originally posted by mav View Post
                      I have a studio on hold for 2014 for my daughter and am not sure whether to book it because of the reviews. They are awful. If you stayed there how long ago was it? Thank you for any help you can provide. The one I have a unit on hold is the Coconut Mallory in Ocean City, Md.
                      We stayed there in 2011. The unit we were in has been updated. I would go back again.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                        Well key west doesn't come up much and I figure November should be nice weather just before the snow birds fly in.
                        We are planning to hopefully go to the dry tortugas. Been on the bucket list for a while.
                        its sad that living so close I haven't been in like 20 years.
                        Thanks Joy.

we wanted to go to the Dry Tortugas too. Our trip 4 years ago, lousy weather no boat going out. our trip last December, my husband broke into a fever and very ill just when we arrived. did nothing all week. that's one bucket list item that probably won't get done.

Comment

Originally posted by davhu1 View Post
                          We stayed there in 2011. The unit we were in has been updated. I would go back again.
                          Davhu1,
                          Thank you for the info.

Comment

One of those destinations that was always on everyone's timeshare Bucket List.

We checked it off with a stay at The Galleon.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=key+we...15000&t=h&z=14

That year we had something on Ft. Myers Beach or Bonita Beach, then the Galleon, then a 3-bedroom at OLCC. That was a four or five Shell's vacation.

Nice, but the desire to return has never returned.

JLB
                            Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
                            Last edited by JLB; 06-26-2013, 01:57 PM.
                            RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I believe Happymum means the Hyatt Key West. Chris, you could use CMV and put in a request. You might have missed for this year but definitely doable for 2014.
                              Pat
                              *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                              X