No announcement yet.

Input on stay in the Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you know what they say about the best laid plans. After getting everything all set we've decided not to do the Keys this trip. Instead we're flying from Tampa to D.C. to visit dh's aunt. It made sense since we'd be on the east coast anyway. Maybe we'll do the Keys when we go back to FL in May for dd's graduation ceremony.
    Luanne

Comment

I also think it may be a one day trip. We drove out to Key West and back in one day. Most memorable thing was the drive and the sunset photo I took on the way back. We had earlier gone to John Pennecamp park on another trip. I'm not too keen on going back.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
        I also think it may be a one day trip. We drove out to Key West and back in one day. Most memorable thing was the drive and the sunset photo I took on the way back. We had earlier gone to John Pennecamp park on another trip. I'm not too keen on going back.
        I think it all depends on where you're coming from. We were going to add on this trip to the keys coming from Orlando. I sure wouldn't drive all that way for one day. And we didn't want to get all the way down there, turn around and drive back someplace else.

But, as I said, the trip is dead. At least for now.
        Luanne

Comment

I really enjoyed my 2 day one night trip to DC with my sister in April.... I am looking forward to going back with DH for a 4-5 night stay. Just so many interesting things to do. I am sure you will enjoy it.

DH and I have not been to the Keys, maybe we will join you November 2014 at the Bluegreen resort in Marathon for 3-4 days and then Solaris Surfside for 4-5 days
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
            I think it all depends on where you're coming from. We were going to add on this trip to the keys coming from Orlando. I sure wouldn't drive all that way for one day. And we didn't want to get all the way down there, turn around and drive back someplace else.

But, as I said, the trip is dead. At least for now.
            The keys arent going anywhere.

Id pick DC over key west anyday.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Well the trip to DC is usually just to the outlying areas of VA to visit family. I told dh I'd go with him this time if he promised that he and I could go into the district at least one day while we were there.
              Luanne

Comment

To me Key West is a one- day two day max kind of place. Its the equivalent of going to Las Vegas without the gambling. Fun place to party but there really isn't much else there.
                Do play tourist and see Trumans Little White House, and go see the Hemmingways place. There are other Keys on the way in that are great stops to play in the water/beach.

Comment

Working...
                X