X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Village at Snug Harbor Ft Myers Beach

Anyone been to Marina Village at Snug Harbor
    Looks like a great Ft Myers "Beach" location

We've been to it many times over the years, because of the waterfront restaurant next to it.

We would never care to stay there.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

It's not on the beach, but about a block or so from it.

Comment

And a long block at that, and then another block, and then you are at the busiest public beach in SW FLorida.

If you like motorcylces, t-shirt shops, tattoos, noise and congestion, you will enjoy the area.

There are some beautiful areas nearby that are much nicer to stay at.

About the only noise we hear at the resorts we like are the motorcycles heading to and from FMB.

Originally posted by JoAnn
        It's not on the beach, but about a block or so from it.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
          And a long block at that, and then another block, and then you are at the busiest public beach in SW FLorida.

If you like motorcylces, t-shirt shops, tattoos, noise and congestion, you will enjoy the area.

There are some beautiful areas nearby that are much nicer to stay at.

About the only noise we hear at the resorts we like are the motorcycles heading to and from FMB.
          Glad I found this, there is a week in RCI for my dates, guess I'll pass !!

Comment

Yeah, in an area of reduced availability, it is one of the medicore resorts that is still likely to appear every now and then.

We were just in the area, two blocks away, in the right direction, at Bel Air Beach Club, a nice little gemstone of a resort set among several rhinestones. BABC is 20 units, all 2-bedroom, all with lanais with at the very least a partial Gulf view. Seven are fully owned and the rest are timeshares.

Units ending in 1 and 2 are Gulffront. Units ending in 3 and 4 are Gulfview.

All have recently been redone, tastefully, with a lot of tile, and the furniture is excellent. I could see it for our new house, if we ever get our new house built.

It would be nice if the interior doors had been shimmed when installed, but that is pretty picky, and, being from the Ozarks, something that shouldn't bother us.

I wandered and toured, places like Royal Beach Club and Windward Passage, and you definitely cannot judge a book by it's cover. You gotta look inside.

But I did reinforce my perception that if I see a SW FL resort available often, there is a reason. And vice versa.

Comment

We stayed last week at Marina Village at Snug Harbor, on an II exchange. While not a Marriott or Hilton level, it was fine for us. The units are being updated again. Kitchens, baths and tvs have been done in all units and new furnishings are in process. The unit was clean, spacious and had a nice balcony looking onto the marina. An easy walk to Times Square shops and eats. Having Nervous Nellies restaurant next door had its advantages and disadvantages, but the band stopped playing by 10pm every night, so it was fine. Staff was very nice and helpful. We had a nice relaxing time with all the other northerners and Germans in Fort Myers. And we were glad we got ahead of the March Spring Break crowds - traffic is bad enough when they're not there!
              Jeanne

Comment

Looking at my post before yours . . . it never appears in Snowbird Season in RCI any more. About the only ones that do are Marco Resort and Club, Fishermen's Village, and Lehigh.

Comment

Working...
                X