Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna be a FL Resident? If your rich, think twice about Floridizing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
    So I wonder how they view these things if you decide to go completely "green" and just get online statements.
    Are they going to check your IP address where you log in?
    I think IP address where we log in would be our defense against an effort to claim our using the credit union is proof we are "residents" of MA.

Comment

bwolf we always have car registered in Wisconsin, we leave it in the garage when we leave in September, and reactivate the insurance in mid may when we return and we have doctors in both states.

Comment

Good to know, rapmarks, but MA is getting really hard-nosed about these things. Sounds like Wisconsin values citizen rights more.

Comment

Car-wise, the insurance companies do want you to register and insure it where it is garaged. That's how premium rates are based. FL is fairly expensive the first time you register a car, so that's a tough thing to here after you have registered a car there, trying to be consistent in your finances and anything registered with the government, to corroborate your FL residency.

Like I said before, there's so many things that you have learn by doing them that no one can consider all of them beforehand.
          - - - - - -
          Regarding dropping our hurricane coverage, our agent said the company said that since it's so close to renewal (next week), they won't. He was kinda vague on whether they will next year, because he said "so you have a year to think about it.

Frankly. I find that a little strange since it's not uncommon to add to ar take stuff away from policies mid-term.

But, in FL it's the insurance companies' game, and you have to play by their rules. Lots of them.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

we moved from Illinois to Florida, and had a summer home in Wisconsin during that time. We were never residents of Wisconsin,and always kept a low profile there.

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
              we moved from Illinois to Florida, and had a summer home in Wisconsin during that time. We were never residents of Wisconsin,and always kept a low profile there.
              In other words, you didn't wear a cheese slice on your head:

http://www.thedocisin.net/wp-content...ndreaSpWeb.jpg
              RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Timely, I just completed our tax returns on Taxact.

On the state return, it did ask for our "Part Residency" dates and it did separate out our State sources of income.

Then, magically, without any thought on my part, it prepared our returns.

Comment

[QUOTE=JLB;563560]Timely, I just completed our tax returns on Taxact.

On the state return, it did ask for our "Part Residency" dates and it did separate out our State sources of income.

[/QUOT
                  there is the difference , we have no income!

Comment

[QUOTE=rapmarks;563566]
                    Originally posted by JLB View Post
                    Timely, I just completed our tax returns on Taxact.

[/QUOT
                    there is the difference , we have no income!
                    My Mom was a teacher, and retired, of course, so I know better than that.

The Branson to SW FL connection grows bigger every year.

Comment

If you go to Florida, ask the people you meet where they are from and see how many it takes before you get the answer "Florida".

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                        If you go to Florida, ask the people you meet where they are from and see how many it takes before you get the answer "Florida".
                        Most of us are here via NYC or Cuba or now some other latin country south of the border.
                        I'm an ex-yankee myself.
                        Of course if you go to the West coast then you'll find those ex-snowbirds hiding from their mountains of snow and taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                          The Noreasterners historically wound up on the lower righthand coast, until they discovered the lower lefthand coast, which has shifted from mostly upper Midwesterners to Noreasteners and Euopeans.

My staff, and the members, at the golf course in 2012, was mostly Noreasterners . . . Vermont, Main, Mass, New Jersey, New York . . . with just a sprinkling of Iowegians and what-not.

Comment

Flood and hurricane are 80% of our insurance.
                            Just renewed. To be exact, flood and hurricane total 77.64144% of our insurance premiums, about the same amount as three of the maintenance fees on our unwanted timeshares.

Comment

Just renewed. To be exact, flood and hurricane total 77.64144% of our insurance premiums, about the same amount as three of the maintenance fees on our unwanted timeshares.

Looking at this again, since we have to drop "Hurricane" coverage before an insurance renewal date.

Our insuror says our "Hurricane Premium" is $857.00, and our "Non Hurricane Premium" is $450.00."

Our Flood insurance is $706.

So, $1563 of $2013.00 in premiums is to cover Hurricane, more or less. In 50-some years, there has never been a Hurricane or Flood claim paid on our property.

If there was a Hurricane claim, the deductible would be 10% of total insured value, so our out-of-pocket would still be significant.

In today's dollars, if Hurricane (and flood) coverage had been in force, it would have cost $78150.

Comment

I know it is very tempting to drop Hurricane insurance. One neighbor pointed out that Koreshan State Historical Site has been there since 1896, with all the buildings undamaged by hurricanes or flooding is one mile from our subdivision so we should be safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X