Ft. Myers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Myers

We had to go there today, on the main drags . . . Colonial, Tamiami Trail, Daniels Parkway, and we had to go to Costco.

DANG!!!!

What a zoo. Traffic everywhere. It took ten minutes just to get in and out of the Costco lot. Granted, it's Christmas shopping time.

But DANG!!!! We're sure glad we didn't wind up there.

How do people live like that!!!????
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Originally posted by JLB View Post
    We had to go there today, on the main drags . . . Colonial, Tamiami Trail, Daniels Parkway, and we had to go to Costco.

DANG!!!!

What a zoo. Traffic everywhere. It took ten minutes just to get in and out of the Costco lot. Granted, it's Christmas shopping time.

But DANG!!!! We're sure glad we didn't wind up there.

How do people live like that!!!????
    M. Henley

Comment

I heard there was an accident on I75 near Alico, and it was causing problems on surface roads. were you at the one near us on Alico? you should see all the developments gong in in Estero, it is going to be crazier than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Henley View Post
        That is how I put up with a lot of things. Speaking of which, my father in law is at my home tonight . Switching to scotch!
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
          I heard there was an accident on I75 near Alico, and it was causing problems on surface roads. were you at the one near us on Alico? you should see all the developments gong in in Estero, it is going to be crazier than ever.
          Lotsa new stuff up here, too.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

We gotta go back today. Just about to head out the door. Colonial, Winkler.

Comment

Back to the OF Herd or to another of your Florida properties?
              M. Henley

Comment

Thomas Edison said "there is only one Fort Myers in the United States, and there are 90 million people who are going to find it out"

It seems that they have. I found our in 1995, and over the last 20 years so have lots more. But all I need is a trip back home and a drive on the DC beltway to convince me it aint so bad.

And today Christmas Day with temps in the 80's I look out my back door in Cape Coral to see this..... dinner will be finished with banana cream pie (the bananas are from my yard) and then a sunset boat ride ... Life is good

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2857.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	923371
                Attached Files

Comment

I found it in 1976. No I75 yet. Tamiami Trail was 2-lane. Bonita Springs was a sleepy little fishing village. Heck, there was not even a Lehigh Resort Club yet and the guy from Ball State (Captran Resorts) had only built one resort, Sanibel Beach Club. No Orange Lake or Wastegate Over Yonder yet. WINK news wasn't reporting the daily murder or drug bust in Lehigh Acres.

We gave up on it in 1997.

As Yogi said, "No one goes there any more. It's too crowded."

Comment

we think the traffic is bad, but my sisters in Chicago,, NYC, and my son in Boston laugh at me. Estero isn't too bad now, but they are building subdivisions where ever there is open land now; I think it is going to get a lot worse. Thankfully, we can stay in our subdivision for most things we like to do, Publix is a mile away, and three major malls within 5 miles.

Comment

The only standards that should be important to anyone is their own.

If it's not crowded or busy by someone else's standards, good for them.

Chicago, NYC, Boston . . . well, they're supposed to be human sardine cans.

But not paradise.

Just sayin it's not a secret any more. Someone told the world about SW Florida.

Even up here a bit, on our little neck o' the beach, stuff along 41 and 75 are a mess.

Comment

just drove to Pompano Beach, now that is traffic.

Comment

I was going to say, You really didnt bail out...you just moved up the road a bit. (I mean if you still come to Costco you cant be that far away) You just delayed the inevitable for a while. Wait until Babcock Ranch gets going

Comment

We have a bit of creeping crud, but have been able to keep the really gross stuff out. Plenty of that on the drawing board for DT FM.

We don't have a single chain motel, and no highrises. The vacant land is pretty much getting snarfed up, though, and houses are going up like there will be no end to the demand. It's ten years ago all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                              We have a bit of creeping crud, but have been able to keep the really gross stuff out. Plenty of that on the drawing board for DT FM.

We don't have a single chain motel, and no highrises. The vacant land is pretty much getting snarfed up, though, and houses are going up like there will be no end to the demand. It's ten years ago all over again.
                              yes with rapidly escalating prices. my sister bought a villa less than two years ago and it has gone up at least 33%. this worries some of us; we don't need a repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X