Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resorts with Shuttle to Disney

Good Morning,

Some friends of ours have decided they want to go to Disney World for their Honeymoon. They are looking to go sometime in September or October and knowing that on site Disney resorts may be unlikely (although this would probably be a likely time) want to make this as convenient as possible.

Have searched the forums and come up with a list of potential resorts people have recommended that are close to the various parks but need just a little more help.

Can people tell me of the resort the know of that have a shuttle service available to the park itself? The will likely not be renting a car so simplicity is key here for transportation.

List of resorts I have right now;

Cypress Point (close to Downtown)
    Silver Lake (close to Animal Kingdom)
    Vacation Village @ Parkway (because of the set-up that is perfect for travelling with friends or family)
    Bonnet Creek, Parc Soleil or Saratoga Springs.

First, I think a 1BR at Saratoga Springs is quite likely in September. October might be harder. Are you using regular RCI Weeks, RCI Points, or a mini-system of some kind (e.g. Wyndham)?

Most of those have scheduled service, with only a handful of trips per day, and it is not very convenient. As the backup plan to DVC, I would try for Bonnet Creek, as they have more frequent service, but you have to pay per trip for it. Another option might be to use Uber and/or Lyft to get back and forth.

Comment

They can Uber to DTD or one of the resorts and hop onto the Disney buses.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
        They can Uber to DTD or one of the resorts and hop onto the Disney buses.
        There are no buses from DTD to the theme parks.

Comment

Are there not cabs or private shuttle services that are reasonable?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...o_Florida.html
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post
            There are no buses from DTD to the theme parks.
            No but can head to a resort and then switch to a theme park bus.
            Disney transport isn't the most convenient so will lose alot of time doing it this way for sure.
            There are buses to the parks from the DTD resorts that are not Disney owned like the Hilton and Holiday Inn.
            Not sure if they ask to see your resort key or not

Comment

I'm worried if I tried that, I won't be able to catch up my shuttle back to the resort or hotel.

Comment

Working...
              X