No announcement yet.

Hurricane water hack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So that's why you were going to Miami. I thought you had lost it - have a good trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Icc5 View Post
      One tip I heard was your dishwasher will keep water in or if closed will keep water out so it is a good place to store valuables/pictures,documents to keep them safe and undamaged.
      Good luck to all and stay safe.
      Bart
      That is great idea
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I am not in Florida and quite worried about our home in estero. The manager of our community has been great, with daily communication regarding the situation and what is planned. Chris be safe, hold on to those kitties

Comment

Another tip I saw, fill you wash machine with ice. You can put water bottles in to keep cold

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
            I don't know about that.
            Doesn't seem to be anyplace that's safe.

Thanks for the offer.
            I'm sticking it out.
            Might regret it but I don't want to leave my cats.
            Do you have a safe room at your place ? If not, a closet or bathroom in the center of your place might work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Icc5 View Post
              One tip I heard was your dishwasher will keep water in or if closed will keep water out so it is a good place to store valuables/pictures,documents to keep them safe and undamaged.
              Good luck to all and stay safe.
              Bart
              Unfortunately this is not true. The dishwasher will fill up with silt and mud and your valuables will be ruined.

http://www.snopes.com/dishwasher-hurricane/

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                Unfortunately this is not true. The dishwasher will fill up with silt and mud and your valuables will be ruined.

Too bad. I had read this on Facebook and thought it was awesome advice.
                Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post

Dam I was telling everyone about this tip
                  Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I left south west Florida for Orlando yesterday. We expect to lose power here and we will get high winds, but nothing like what we will get at home (cape coral). The big plus here is no storm surge

Ive prepped the house as good as I can, but god knows what Im going to find when I next see it
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ron, our neighborhood was just ordered mandatory evacuation. I can't imagine how bad it is going to be.

Comment

Stayed at Summer Bay in 2005 during Wilma - did a quick timeshare tour in the storm. Was in Ft. Lauderdale for Betsy in 1965 at my uncle's 2 story home just off Las Olas on the inland waterway. Suffered little damage, but we put corrugated aluminum up over all the windows. Power was out for 3 days.

Comment

When we left I. May,we put storm shutters up. Inthinkmthe biggest fear is the storm surge, and flooding. Some of my neighbors are still there, they didn't order evacuation until 11:00 today. And many were surprised to see it on Facebook this evening. The shelters are full except for three places.

Comment

Chris, are you okay?
                            Major flooding in Our subdivision and no one has reached our street or let us know. No contact with several people who remained in place. Power out and spotty cell service. One person lost a roof and it landed on neighbor lanai and truck. Several pictures of trees down on houses and water very high in streets.

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                              Chris, are you okay?
                              Major flooding in Our subdivision and no one has reached our street or let us know. No contact with several people who remained in place. Power out and spotty cell service. One person lost a roof and it landed on neighbor lanai and truck. Several pictures of trees down on houses and water very high in streets.
                              Oh my, I hope everyone is okay!
                              Jacki

Comment

With evacuations and power outages, it would not at surprising if we didn't hear from our Floridians for days.

Comment

Working...
                                X