Maui next April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui next April

Looking to go to Maui the first full week of April, 2014 (Grandsons spring break). We have a condo already and starting to look at flights. We will be flying from Nashville and Detroit. Is there a preferred airline to fly into Maui and which is the main airport?

Our unit is

Maui Schooner Resort
    980 South Kihei Road
    Kihei, Maui, HI 96753 USA

Check-In Dates: 4/5/2014 - 4/12/2014
    Room Size: 2 BR
    Occupancy: 6

and we will probably want to add 2-4 days on the front end. Any recommendations on places to stay in a different part of the island?

Nothing to add but " Like"
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

OGG is the airport code. Lahaina/Kaanapali is on the other side of the island. I used vrbo to rent a week in old town Lahaina for 133/night plus tax and cleaning fees. The tax and cleaning fees are a killer tho, especially for shorter stays...

Comment

We will be at the same resort in a two bedroom April 26. Got it thru VRI*ety (TPI).

Comment

where to stay on 2-4 da prior to Schooner

[I][/IMaui Seaside Motel]

It is located to the North of Kihei Rd.. Near to the airport.. very reasonable.. you even get a breakfast voucher for ea. Morning you stay. Run by a Hawaiian family (they also run the one on the big island at Kona (right in the downtown of Kahlui Kona). However didn't see any unit looking big enough for all of you--we had a very nice decently large unit in the building nearest the water whereby one could look out the window to the cruise ship docked in harbor next to us and that is where there was a public beach/park like area w. picnic tables, etc w. shelters. The POOL at the resort was beautiful, very restful, the attached family-run restaurant was simple but good. Our trip there was in conjunction with a fly out to Oahu for the last leg of our 3 island 3 timeshare trip in spring 2011 .. no they do not shuttle you to the airport or from it... the service to use for that is Super Shuttle. Very good, and reliable..cheaper than a cab-as gas is so high there. PS the cost per nite of the Motels (the other one is called Kona Seaside...) was very low-- like under 100. Find it listed on hotels.com

When on MAUI BE SURE to take a tour of the pineapple growing industry (Dole has one).. they pick you up.
          Beverly M. Hook
          Pittsford, N. Y.

Comment

I have been looking at flights from Detroit and Nashville. Based on your experience, how many months in advance do you see the best price?

Comment

Originally posted by riverdees05 View Post
              Looking to go to Maui the first full week of April, 2014 (Grandsons spring break). We have a condo already and starting to look at flights. We will be flying from Nashville and Detroit. Is there a preferred airline to fly into Maui and which is the main airport?

Our unit is

Maui Schooner Resort
              980 South Kihei Road
              Kihei, Maui, HI 96753 USA

Check-In Dates: 4/5/2014 - 4/12/2014
              Room Size: 2 BR
              Occupancy: 6

and we will probably want to add 2-4 days on the front end. Any recommendations on places to stay in a different part of the island?
              Did you make it to Maui, riverdees05? I never saw this post until now. We were at the Maui Schooner yesterday as I showed it to a young couple who had never been to Kihei.

This resort has been refurbished and looks very nice. They really liked Kihei and want to come back.

I highly recommended them to visit the Kealia Coastal Boardwalk. It took years to complete it but never have we seen the ponds so full as this year. There was already less water today than when we arrived but still well worth seeing and even when there is no water. We saw enough shore birds today. Parking was no problem today and never seems to be when we are here this time of the year.

http://www.fws.gov/refuge/Kealia_Pond/

I wonder if you will see this post in response to yours from so long ago but will send you a PM too.

Comment

Thank you for your PM.

Comment

Working...
                X