HGVC on the Big Island. Comparison. And where to visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HGVC on the Big Island. Comparison. And where to visit

I am looking at a trip to Hawaii for 2017. Probably 2 weeks Maui but tell me why you like this resort over the other HGVC resorts on the Big Island.

Check In Time: 16:00
    Check In on: Saturday
    Season Information
    Time Dates
    Red January 03, 2015 December 31, 2015
    Kings' Land, the newest Hilton Grand Vacations Club resort on the famed Kohala Coast, offers expansive fairway views and stunning Waikoloa panoramas. Carved out of an ancient lava field, this 112-acre oasis occupies a superb location directly between two of Hawaii's finest golf courses, the Kings' Course and the Beach Course. Guests of the resort also enjoy access to the restaurants, boutiques, beaches and water recreation at the nearby Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort. in this spectacular region of Hawaii, perpetually sunny skies, dramatic vistas and world-class amenities combine to create one of the world's most desirable vacation destinations
    PROPERTY INFO
    ATTRACTIONS
    ACTIVITIES
    AMENITIES
    RESORT SERVICES
    DINING OPTIONS
    TRANSPORTATION
    RESORT CONTACT
    Front Desk
    Front-Desk Onsite
    Front desk hours of operation : 7:00am - 7:00am
    24-hour front desk
    Check-in and Check-out
    Check In Time: 16:00
    Check Out Time: 10:00
    Weeks Resort check in days: Saturday
    Accessibility Features
    Handicapped Unit , Wheelchair Accessible , Service animals allowed for persons with disabilities
    Elevator/Lift
    Braille or raised signage
    Accessibility equipment for the deaf
    Additional Info
    Animals are not permitted; could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.
    Security: Security personnel

Is this not in the. Beach..
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

HGVC has two clusters of timeshares. One in Waikoloa, the other in Honolulu. The Waikoloa cluster includes a hotel on the beach/at a lagoon, but the three timeshares are "up the hill." Of the three timeshare properties, this one seems to have slightly better reviews and a much nicer pool complex. There is a shuttle that runs between the various properties, and you have access to the amenities throughout the village complex, as near as I can tell.
    http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/

The Honolulu resorts have a similar structure, but are (obviously) much more compact/high rise.
    http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com/

I'm planning a two week trip ...... I'm trying to link two weeks together, one in Honolulu and one here. I've got the one here, so now am just waiting to see if I can get something when the HHV resorts drop. Of the four of us, only my wife has been to Hawaii before, and that was a five day stay in Honolulu, so we are happy to be "cliché" for this trip. So, I wouldn't necessarily take my word for it that King's Land is the "place to be."
    GrayFal
    Silver Contributor and supermoderator
    Last edited by GrayFal; 03-27-2015, 08:19 AM. Reason: Removed personal info

Comment

Thanks so much for the sighting! Any suggestions between Kohala Suites, Bay Club and King's Land??

Comment

Bay Club has the largest unit and lanai, but the pool is small and unremarkable. Both Kohala Suites and King's Land are purpose-built, KL being the newest (and with smallest units) but with great pool features. Both KS and KL have free access to Hilton resort facilities if that's important to you. KS and BC are close together, while KL is a bit further away towards the main road. All three are nice and I would not hesitate to stay at any of the three. Since we have stayed at both BC and KL, I am thinking about grabbing a week at KS.
        GrayFal
        Last edited by GrayFal; 03-27-2015, 08:19 AM. Reason: Remove personal info

Comment

I would have preferred Bay Club, as we've stayed there before, but there wasn't the availability as with the other two. Didn't go with Kingsland do as it looks like the 2 bedrooms don't have washer/dryers in the units even though the one bedrooms do. I think we'll like the location better than Kingsland also.
          Luanne

Comment

Luanne, we stayed at KL two years ago and I remember 2BR has washer/dryer in the unit.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info! Units sure went fast.

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble
                HGVC has two clusters of timeshares. One in Waikoloa, the other in Honolulu. The Waikoloa cluster includes a hotel on the beach/at a lagoon, but the three timeshares are "up the hill." Of the three timeshare properties, this one seems to have slightly better reviews and a much nicer pool complex. There is a shuttle that runs between the various properties, and you have access to the amenities throughout the village complex, as near as I can tell.
                http://www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com/

The Honolulu resorts have a similar structure, but are (obviously) much more compact/high rise.
                http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com/

I'm planning a two week trip ...... I'm trying to link two weeks together, one in Honolulu and one here. I've got the one here, so now am just waiting to see if I can get something when the HHV resorts drop. Of the four of us, only my wife has been to Hawaii before, and that was a five day stay in Honolulu, so we are happy to be "cliché" for this trip. So, I wouldn't necessarily take my word for it that King's Land is the "place to be."
                Originally posted by happymum
                Thanks so much for the sighting! Any suggestions between Kohala Suites, Bay Club and King's Land??
                Originally posted by LisaH
                Bay Club has the largest unit and lanai, but the pool is small and unremarkable. Both Kohala Suites and King's Land are purpose-built, KL being the newest (and with smallest units) but with great pool features. Both KS and KL have free access to Hilton resort facilities if that's important to you. KS and BC are close together, while KL is a bit further away towards the main road. All three are nice and I would not hesitate to stay at any of the three. Since we have stayed at both BC and KL, I am thinking about grabbing a week at KS.
                Lisa, Brian and. Luanne.
                Thanks for the great insight into these resorts.

Looks as if I might have to add a third week to my trip! Too bad about the one in 4.

Edit

Now this has got me thinking....should I do Maui, Big Island and Honolulu/Oahu?
                Is this too ambitious??? And I planned on going to Maui first...if I did 3 islands, which order should I do? Flying from the NYC area airports.

And with the one in 4, is it resort specific or ALL. HGVC exchanges?
                GrayFal
                Last edited by GrayFal; 03-27-2015, 08:53 AM.
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

HGVC's 1-in-4 is resort specific, AFAIK.

I'm going to try to line up my exchanges before I worry about flights. I have two KL weeks back-to-back, so can take any one of 3 potential weeks on Oahu to link up---I'll let the deposits dictate which order I do things. Or, if worse comes to worst, I guess I'll just have to spend two weeks here!

Comment

While I agree with Brian about getting the weeks lining up first before worrying about air tickets, one thing you might want to consider is for interisland flights, most (if not all) go through HNL. So, it might be better to have Honolulu week in the middle if there are flights to either Maui or kona from NYC Area. From SFO and LAX, there are daily direct flights to all three cities.

Comment

Is it possible to book two weeks consecutively in a single year, or is that a violation of the 1 in 4?

If its a violation, is it permissible to book one week at each resort on the Big Island consecutively?

Thanks!

Comment

We are also looking to visit Hawaii Summer 2017 and to spend 2 weeks on Big Island and a 3rd week on Kauai.
                        We are a family of 5 - kids will be 17, 16, 15 in 2017.
                        I would appreciate any advice as to which of the three HGVC resorts to choose.

Also any suggestions for resorts to put in a long term search for on Kauai.

Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by dwmantz View Post
                          Is it possible to book two weeks consecutively in a single year, or is that a violation of the 1 in 4?

If its a violation, is it permissible to book one week at each resort on the Big Island consecutively?

Thanks!
                          You might want to try exchanging with SFX. We have exchanged into HGVC properties with them and there is NO 1 in 4 restrictions. One year we exchanged 4 times into the HGVC/Flamingo with SFX.

SFX is very good for exchanging into Hawaii.
                          John

Comment

RCI confirmed that it is was permissible to have two consecutive weeks at the same resort without violating the 1 in 4. (Given that the agent subsequesntly screwed up my booking, I have some doubts however.)

Comment

I stayed at Kings Land a few years ago on my first trip to Hawaii. The unit itself was beautiful as were the grounds, but I would not return. We were very far from the water and I felt like I was in a small suburb of Phoenix instead of in Hawaii. I'm very very partial to ocean views and being able to hear and see the water throughout the trip.

That said, when we walked into our lovely two bedroom unit, my youngest daughter who was about 7 at the time said "MOMMY? are we RICH???"

Anita

Comment

Working...
                              X