Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Resort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Oahu, Hawaii Resort?

What's your favorite Oahu Resort and why?
    Planning a trip to Hawaii and trying to decide where to stay.

Thanks.

I've only stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, and that was in a hotel room, not a timeshare unit. We found the resort to be extremely crowded. In fact all on Honolulu is extremely crowded and busy. We spent a day in Honolulu on our recent visit to Maui. I couldn't believe all of the high end stores that have gone in! If I were to go back to Oahu I would definitely want to be out of the Honolulu/Waikiki area. Kind of like being in Miami (I would imagine).
    Luanne

Comment

Hi Chris,

We used to hate Oahu but lately we have been going there quite often (at least once a year) and began to like it. For timeshares, we have stayed at the Hilton timeshares (both times in Lagoon Tower), Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk (good location), Imperial Hawaii (old resort but great location). I like the resorts in that order as well. I recently bought a week at Lifetime in Hawaii. Heard lots of good things about the resort but have not stayed there yet. Location is a couple blocks from the beach. Owners are likely to get units with ocean view. Mostly importantly, the M/F is relatively low for being in Hawaii (~$500 per week) and TPUs are quite good (50). I mainly plan to use it for trading with RCI...

Comment

I like Marriott Ko Olina. The lagoons are a perfect place to hang out and there is a luau that is pretty good at this resort. Sunsets are great at this location as well. There are a bunch of bbq's on site where you can mingle with other vacationers. There is a nice paved walking path in front of the resort. The marina is next door. The golfcourse is across the street and down the block.

We stayed at the Banyon Club in Waikiki and I didn't like it. It was too small. Im not a big fan of Honolulu.

I like the Hawaiian Princes out westside. Great sunsets. The Hawaiian Princess is right on the beach.

Turtle Bay Resort is pretty cool. Its not to far from the big waves on the north shore.

Comment

Chris, I'm surprised you're not automatically considering Aulani, the Disney Resort.
          Luanne

Comment

I want to stay at the Lagoon Tower at HGVC. Hawaiian Village.
            Yup, I do!
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
              I like Marriott Ko Olina. The lagoons are a perfect place to hang out and there is a luau that is pretty good at this resort. Sunsets are great at this location as well. There are a bunch of bbq's on site where you can mingle with other vacationers. There is a nice paved walking path in front of the resort. The marina is next door. The golfcourse is across the street and down the block.

If I get my exchange into Lagoon Tower at HGVC, I think I will rent Destination Club Points to stay two nights at the Marriott to get a feel for that part of the island as well.

Isn't Life Great!
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                What's your favorite Oahu Resort and why?
                Planning a trip to Hawaii and trying to decide where to stay.

Thanks.
                I think you might have missed the 2016 deposits. What about 2017
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

Oh yeah I totally forgot the Ko Olina site. It's awesome at either Marriott or Disney. However, for first timer, I would choose Waikiki Area. Traffic in Oahu has got really bad. If you stay in Ko Olina, you probably will spend a lot of time on the road or sitting in the traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                    I want to stay at the Lagoon Tower at HGVC. Hawaiian Village.
                    Yup, I do!
                    My favorite tower in HHV

Comment

Originally posted by LisaH View Post
                      Oh yeah I totally forgot the Ko Olina site. It's awesome at either Marriott or Disney. However, for first timer, I would choose Waikiki Area. Traffic in Oahu has got really bad. If you stay in Ko Olina, you probably will spend a lot of time on the road or sitting in the traffic.
                      Once Im at Ko Olina we usually only go to Kapolei for shopping or out to Yokohama Bay for surf / fishing. The traffic is fairly light in this area. The bad traffic is heading downtown at rush hour, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
                        I've only stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, and that was in a hotel room, not a timeshare unit. We found the resort to be extremely crowded. In fact all on Honolulu is extremely crowded and busy. We spent a day in Honolulu on our recent visit to Maui. I couldn't believe all of the high end stores that have gone in! If I were to go back to Oahu I would definitely want to be out of the Honolulu/Waikiki area. Kind of like being in Miami (I would imagine).
                        Oh I've been to Oahu before. Yes kind of like Miami beach but with mountains.

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
                        Chris, I'm surprised you're not automatically considering Aulani, the Disney Resort.
                        Oh trust me I will be staying at Aulanai before the cruise but after the cruise we want to stay in Waikiki.
                        I have Hilton and Wyndham points I can use or do an exchange.
                        Will probably use my HGVC points since I need a 2 bedroom and missed the deposit waiting for a DVC unit for F & W which now looks like isn't going to happen.

If I stay in Ko Olina I will stay in Ko Olina.
                        I'm sure there is plenty to do in the DVC resort and I might even book a 1 night at the Marriott just to have access to both resorts.
                        We have a little group going so I'm sure not everyone will want to pay Disney prices for a man made beach.
                        Marriott is a little cheaper.

Comment

Hi Chris,

We used to hate Oahu but lately we have been going there quite often (at least once a year) and began to like it. For timeshares, we have stayed at the Hilton timeshares (both times in Lagoon Tower), Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk (good location), Imperial Hawaii (old resort but great location). I like the resorts in that order as well. I recently bought a week at Lifetime in Hawaii. Heard lots of good things about the resort but have not stayed there yet. Location is a couple blocks from the beach. Owners are likely to get units with ocean view. Mostly importantly, the M/F is relatively low for being in Hawaii (~$500 per week) and TPUs are quite good (50). I mainly plan to use it for trading with RCI...
                          I almost took a 1 bedroom but would still need to book a 1 bedroom thru the HGVC club.
                          Since I'm only going to stay 3 or 4 nights in Waikiki figured I might as well use my club points and get a 2 bedroom and save my TPU's for something else.
                          Wyndham looks decent too and would also be my second choice especially since I have Wyn points too.
                          Maybe I'll do a split stay.

Comment

We stayed at the Banyon Club in Waikiki and I didn't like it. It was too small. Im not a big fan of Honolulu.

I like the Hawaiian Princes out westside. Great sunsets. The Hawaiian Princess is right on the beach.

Turtle Bay Resort is pretty cool. Its not to far from the big waves on the north shore.
                            We won't be surfing or probably even going in the water.
                            The pacific is way too cold and rough for my taste.
                            KoOlina looks more my speed being a lagoon and all.
                            I'd be happy there for sure.

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                            I think you might have missed the 2016 deposits. What about 2017
                            Yes I know. Sad but we don't even have our cruise dates or our FF tickets.
                            I'll probably plan around that since it looks like I will be using club points instead of an exchange unless I get lucky with an ongoing hitting later on.

Once Im at Ko Olina we usually only go to Kapolei for shopping or out to Yokohama Bay for surf / fishing. The traffic is fairly light in this area. The bad traffic is heading downtown at rush hour, imo.
                            I will not be driving in rush hour.
                            I'll be just fine with my Mai Tai's by the pool or beach.

Comment

Update:
                              I matched my OGS for Lagoon Tower in a 2 bedroom for 51 TPU's.
                              I guess somebody threw it back.
                              Yippie!!!!
                              Hawaii here I come!

Comment

Working...
                              X